Pussification in America: Political Correctness is Gay

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
They did that shit in Kentucky during the 80s and 90s as well, except instead of bussing white kids down to inner city and urban schools, they just bussed half the minority and poverty stricken students from downtown out to the suburbs. Different methods, same results. Its pretty much why I dropped out of high school by 16 as a kid. Didn't feel I was learning anything, the whole thing was a waste of my time, the kids from downtown would pretty much just shit up every class, fight, fight with the suburban kids, changed the entire cultural of the school from sort of middle and lower upper class to basically gang banging (this was circa 92 or so)

They pretty much gave up the ghost on that effort after it failed miserably for over a decade.

It was a fad in the 90s to try and fix racial and economic segregation by shitting up the good schools and levelling the playing field.
This sounds like some east coast state with majority city/suburbs. Kentucky is mostly rural poor across the state. I went to high school just over the state line near Jenkins kentucky and those rural white trash fuckups were as bad as any city bamas.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Man am I glad I grew up in an upper class town in CT.

Onmy urban kids we brought in were to play on our sports teams.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
We also have the freedom of assembly in this country. If people want to voluntarily choose to associate with other people that look like them or think like them then that's their choice. If they want to pay to send their kids to a private school that holds similar views as them, then that is their choice as well. Why do you hate freedom?
Well, thats the difference between people who actually support freedom, like me, and people who only pretend to like freedom. I can point to something and say "that is terrible, and will lead to terrible consequences" but not try to outlaw it.

I'm perfectly fine with freedom. But recognize that freedom includes the freedom to make terrible decisions, like self-segregation. Which is every bit as bad as mandatory enforced segregation. And I'm free to point it out and say its a bad decision, without ever restricting anyone's freedom.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Are people really arguing that it's OK to choose to segregate for yourself? If I decide I want to start a school that is white, upper class people only that's OK because it's what I wanted to do?

By "choosing" to only associate with your own "kind" you're actively telling other people they aren't allowed into your circle. There is no other way to classify it and there is no justification for it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's ok to do whateer you want to do, as long as you don't hurt anyone else. Clearly you can't start a school like that under federal law, but if you want to transfer schools to go to a majority guido one or something, nothing can stop you from that, and shouldn't.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It's ok to do whateer you want to do, as long as you don't hurt anyone else. Clearly you can't start a school like that under federal law, but if you want to transfer schools to go to a majority guido one or something, nothing can stop you from that, and shouldn't.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I think that's bullshit. That's the argument people who make the decision not to vaccinate their children. Sorry, that's not okay. It has an impact on others. There is a reason we have some laws, there is a reason why common sense dictate some things. You can choose whatever school you like, but it's going to have an impact on others later. If you are a douche bag, and send your kid to a douche bag school, you're leaving the rest of us to deal with your douche bag self AND your newly appointed douce bag kid.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So it goes. If I choose to move because I want my kids "educated" in Kansas about the dinosaur hoax and the 6000 year old Earth, that is my right. I dont see how we can live in a free society and prevent that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I think that's bullshit. That's the argument people who make the decision not to vaccinate their children. Sorry, that's not okay. It has an impact on others. There is a reason we have some laws, there is a reason why common sense dictate some things. You can choose whatever school you like, but it's going to have an impact on others later. If you are a douche bag, and send your kid to a douche bag school, you're leaving the rest of us to deal with your douche bag self AND your newly appointed douce bag kid.
You first error is thinking laws can change fundamental human behavior.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Freedom ain't free bros. You have to take the good with the bad. I sure as hell hate the idea that there are private schools out there with an anti science curriculum teaching the next generation, but on the flip side, as a parent, I can do my due diligence and send my kid to a school that does have a solid curriculum that will do a good job educating my child.

It's either that or we outlaw private schools and have nothing but public schools with a single curriculum mandated by the federal government and subject to the back and forth pendulum that is politics in this country. I think I'd rather have the choice instead of taking the risk that 100 million kids will one day be learning a curriculum based on what some hyper religious Republican President wants taught.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So it goes. If I choose to move because I want my kids "educated" in Kansas about the dinosaur hoax and the 6000 year old Earth, that is my right. I dont see how we can live in a free society and prevent that.
Certainly a valid point. We can't prevent it, but we can try to make people mindful of the repercussions of their decisions.

Sigh. Anyone can have a kid, no test required.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I guess we need to send someone into the various Amish communities around the country and tell them they gotta get their shit straight. The bus arrives at 6:30 am.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
What about the Jewish schools as well? I'm sure bowling up and telling them that they need to integrate or suffer the consequences will have no negative repercussions what-so-ever!

Khane

What about the Jewish schools as well? I'm sure bowling up and telling them that they need to integrate or suffer the consequences will have no negative repercussions what-so-ever!
You're pretty stupid aren't you? Comparing racist segregation to religious safe havens. Know what the biggest difference is? If you want you can convert to Judaism to join them, and they'll even help you do it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I don't think the crazy orthodox jews up in New York that they did that big story about taking over their school board would just welcome you to the pack.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You're pretty stupid aren't you? Comparing racist segregation to religious safe havens. Know what the biggest difference is? If you want you can convert to Judaism to join them, and they'll even help you do it.
Yea because religions are historically known as the bastions of tolerance in modern society.
rolleyes.png

Khane

Yea because religions are historically known as the bastions of tolerance in modern society.
rolleyes.png
You guys think religious cults in this country don't willingly accept pretty much anyone who shows an interest in joining? Every religion does this, whether it's because they practice what they preach or they just want more money from "faithful supporters".

I can't imagine you aren't able to see the difference between a private school that is selective based on religion (which again, you can convert to except maybe in the case of extreme outliers) vs selective based on something like race (which cannot be changed) or sexual preference (which seems completely arbitrary)

It's all kind of a joke anyway, boys only schools exist. Girls only schools exist. All kinds of exclusive clubs still exist. I just think it's funny they fought so long for the right to be treated with respect and dignity as equals (rightfully so) and now they seem to want to exclude themselves from that right.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, some religions are very exclusive. You can't just go be a hasidic jew. Warren Jeffs wasn't taking all comers, unless you count 11 year old girls.

Khane

Dude, some religions are very exclusive. You can't just go be a hasidic jew. Warren Jeffs wasn't taking all comers, unless you count 11 year old girls.
Yes, you can convert to hasidic judaism. Warren Jeffs led a cult, you really gonna bring him into this conversation even though I said "except for extreme outliers"?