Rebel Moon (2023)

Caliane

I don't know why I'm going to watch this. Conceptually it seems fun. But I'm pretty sure Zack has proven to be utterly incompetent.

co writers.
shay hatten. army of the dead, day shift, wick cpt 4/3, army of theives.
lurt johnstad. 300, 300 rise of an empire, atomic blonde.

sigh...

a directors cut before its even out.. ffs this is going to be a mess.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
View attachment 487794

“The [Rebel Moon] director’s cut is close to an hour of extra content, so I think it’s a legitimate extended universe version,” he said. “You really get to see a lot. It’s just more painted-in all the way. The director’s [cut] is a settle-in deep dive, which I have notoriously done throughout my career. I don’t know how I got into this director’s cut thing, but what I will say about it is that, for me, the director’s cuts have always been something I had to fight for in the past and nobody wanted it. It was this b****** child that I was always trying to put together because they felt like there was a deeper version. And with Netflix, we shot scenes just for the director’s cut. So in that way, it’s really a revelation because it gives that second kick at the can for big fans, like a real discovery that they would not [otherwise] get. I’m really excited about it!”
Yeah, what now Ossoi Ossoi ?

Untitled.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Dune meets Star Wars meets Riddick meets Gladiator meets Forgotten Realms.

Also yet another girl boss movie. On par for Hollywood and Netflix. Not worth reopening my subscription. Pass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! I love STRONG FEMALE CHARCTERS!!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw this on a commercial during football, so i would equate that with Netflix pushing it hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will watch this. Effects look well done and there are plenty of actors I recognize.

Siliconemelons

40k meets Star Wars meets Riddick meets 300.
But what Riddick? or /Riddick/? heh

I do wonder how they hit off the world (or galaxy that is) building. Chronicles of Riddick did a good job of that IMO - me being a 0% knowledge of the Riddick universe person, found the movie enjoyable... but reading more I understand why people /into/ it where a bit ehh.

This movie has an advantage being a new IP, it has a disadvantage of being a new IP.

Cybsled

Maybe - critic reviews are always a toss up.

The main unifying themes I am seeing in the negative reviews are

1) Too much world building
2) Too many seemingly disjointed scenes/plots
3) Feels like half a movie

At worst it might end up being a Mockingjay: Part 1 it sounds like. Lots of time setting up future stuff, but not much occurs during the 1st film because it all happens in the 2nd film

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Heard he's still going overboard with slow motion. Hate that suckerpunch was a let down, Snyder has a gift to make great trailers and then massive let downs