Rebel Moon (2023)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not spoiler tagging this... warning...lol...- but here are some things they added that made the entire thing feel more complete.

Also just a funny part- the "sit down and tell your backstory" NONE of them had expansion or additional scenes lol, just some added gore/blood

Anywho...

The ship hyper jump drive engines, the Kahli? This is shown in the princess old story (implied that she was the one that subjugated them / brought them to peace, then the empire enslaved them to power their ships) - this also makes the "Why did the king go to the engine room to christen the ship?" - he says where is the Kahli? Why are the furnaces not lit? It fleshes this out some more. The "vision" of the Kahli at the end to our girl-boss is nice, gives her a continued "Mission" along with "find the princess" - and gives a methodology for how a small group could destroy / disrupt a big vast empire.

More of James/Jimmy is always good, expansion on that was always good and interesting.

They explained how they knew that their guys they left on veldt were in fact dead and only the asian kid was left and he was a traitor to the realm, also a little beefed up on why they made different defenses / offensive plans - wasn't huge, but worked.

Added ending scenes in the Kings Gaze was good with the gun room - made more sense also that the blue sword guy and crew knew where she was (still kinda wtf that is wasn't the big bad guy there...but random miniboss lol)

Griffin guy and the silver hair lady, eh, sure, whatever, boobs lulz... gave /some/ connection for him.

Asian lady and the kid, better expansion of the connection - still contrived that she lost so badly in that fight, but whatever.

"NOT THE PRINCESS" and the asian kid - this was the biggest NEW story from part 1's prologue, this really sets up a /they/ are the real story type plot advancement.

Kid singing at the end... good, fine, nice world building...but, who is she? I figured it was NOT THE PRINCESS but no it was some...random? is she some IRL singer?
The hoe powering the ship resonated with me a lot for some reason. I just thought that was so intriguing? I mean, the constant crying that it did was cringe. But the lore and ideas behind a bunch of shit like that are ultimately, really appealing. I want to know more about the universe that they are in - more so than this little story that is being told. A lot of things in this movie are just so damn B Tier / indy film studio, that it clouds up what would really be a cool premise.

I enjoyed giving this version of Rebel Moon a reconsideration. But I'll never watch this again.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, its long so it hurts the re-watch... if it was a episode series it would be better for the on/off watching.

They should have moved the "Sit at the table and tell" to when you recruited them in part 1, it would have fit for the bounty hunter to know all this stuff and tell it as to why they are going to get them and why they would help them... Why would Nemisis help? she just is some badass protecting her little underworld clan? well whatever, she killed the spider borg queen now she is happy to join! should have told her story bit there on "lets go get her" - the General dude, that story should have been known and told also...etc etc.

Other than that yeah there is some b movie parts...that hurt it... but overall all the "new" and extended scenes I still say are all well done and worth the ad - it did make a better universe that I want more of, yes the Kahli are cool, its a trope but well done - the "vision" she had was the one place you could tell they had 2 completely different version and they didn't have a proper place to merge them... and the hand wave of NO ONE SAW THE OBVIOUS BOMBS ON HER HEAD was cringe in both version. I think they had a version where it was not a vision - and she kind of let the kahli free and she self exploded or something, or ran amok and they had to kill her shoot her down etc. would be better than "There is a bad guy in the engine room go check...you dont see anything OH WHAT BOMBS?! AT THE LAST MOMENT! NOO"

spronk

FPS noob
finished this last night, watched like 30 mins a week for the past 6 weeks lol. works great in that TV-ish mode! dumb as hell series but i enjoyed it, if you close an eye and squint a bit the directors cut sorta remind me a bit of warhammer 40k mixed with star wars mixed with zack snyders latest dump

i like the visuals and certain parts of the story, like people mention above the ships are powered by a race called the Kali who are interdimensional beings who the empire trap and use for infinite power, we get almost nothing about that in the movie (wiki entry) but it sounds cool and probably was the most interesting thing in the movie, apparently zack is making a 30 min animated movie for netflix on how the Kali were enslaved thats coming out next year, probably the last bit of Rebel Moon content that will be made.

anyways its trash 50s style scifi with 2024 visuals but if you like weird space opera dialed to 11 the two directors cut are worth it imo, just break it up to less than 45 mins a session because thats all the Zack Snyder slomo a body can handle a day

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
better because the visuals are better and there are actually interesting scenes/characters

worse because its 7 hours of trash vs 2 hours

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Better or worse than Jupiter Ascending?

Wasn't jupiter ascending the one with Mila Kunis where they were ice skating through the sky? What could possibly be better than that?

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Wasn't jupiter ascending the one with Mila Kunis where they were ice skating through the sky? What could possibly be better than that?
Didn't it have dragon-kin, and Channing Tatum was part dog or something?

I've only seen it once, and blocked most of it from my memory.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't it have dragon-kin, and Channing Tatum was part dog or something?

I've only seen it once, and blocked most of it from my memory.
I forgot about him being half dog. I don't recall the dragon kin, but sure. It sounds reasonable for that flick.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I forgot about him being half dog. I don't recall the dragon kin, but sure. It sounds reasonable for that flick.
Thought there was lizard, dinosaur, dragon people that were bad guys or something.

Don't make me recall the film or look it up, I don't want to endure the pain again!

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1725810479510.jpeg

• 1Worf