Recent media issue I found, all the podcasts I listen to are liberal cucks, probably b/c

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This has fully convinced me. I am convinced.

That video of fat people being lazy is now officially funny.

Well played sir.

I'm glad to see you've finally come back to reason, sir.

I had faith you could find the humor in stupid shit once again, as I'm sure you could when you weren't a decrepit old man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy, I mostly listen to youtube or podcast that are technically oriented and they never mention politics.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Carolla (ACS, Adam and Dr. Drew Show, Reasonable Doubt), Compound Media, Burr, Rogan.

I listened to ACS and various other Carolla podcasts for like 4 years but eventually you have heard all of his bits and it becomes infuriating when he goes into some tired rant for the 100th time. It literally went from being my favorite podcast to causing me physical pain to hear the guy's voice. I don't think anyone ever told him that podcasts aren't like radio where people just randomly catch 20 minutes of the show on the way to work so you can repeat yourself ad nauseum because most people don't hear the whole show every day. I still listen to Drew's podcast and the episodes of Ace on the House that are just Ray and Stromer but then on the odd chance that I do hear a show with Adam on it and after not listening to any of his podcasts for 2 years I almost immediately hear a bit/story/rant that I heard 100 times before and just delete the podcast.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's why I quit listening to Adam as well. Too repetitive. Same guests, same jokes, same rants. I get it, Adam. The problem with black families is the dad isn't there.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I can see that. I've only been listening to him for a couple years now. I still enjoy him a lot, especially during the news section, but I could see getting sick of some of the repetitiveness after a while. He was much more varied during Loveline.

I think it's partially a product of Adam just producing so much content each week relative to other podcasts. Especially when you start listening to his other podcasts and he starts referencing things he said on Reasonable Doubt or Adam and Dr. Drew or whatever.

He really is unrivaled at what he does though. He riffs off the top of his head better than anyone and his good rants still destroy me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've always like Adam from way back in the Loveline and Man Show days.

But the biggest problem with repetition for him is that he does it with his guests.

When I quit regularly listening to him was back during the era where he kept having David Alan Grier come on and do the exact same fucking routine over and over and over for like six months. The routine was him doing some really silly dirty version of some old R&B singer's schtick. You could tell even DAG was getting tired of it at the time and even stopped coming to the show as often because he didn't want to rehash that same tired joke for the 6000 time.

It was great the first time, but Adam just beat that shit to death.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the first time they did the Teddy Pendergrass bit I had to pull the car over I was laughing so hard but then they just flogged it to death and DAG practically begged not to do it but Adam wouldn't take no for an answer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I've only gotten second-hand DAG after these two years. I've only heard references to Adam loving him, and he's never been on the show this whole time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've only gotten second-hand DAG after these two years. I've only heard references to Adam loving him, and he's never been on the show this whole time.

And two years ago or so, like 2014 time frame when I was listening to him heavily, DAG was on once or twice a month and was one of the best guests.

He quit going on so much because of the Teddy Pendergrass joke being driven too far into the ditch.

Here's the original audio of it

iannis

Musty Nester
The only issue with Rogan's podcast is when it turns in to 3 hours of him talking about his latest LSD or Mushroom trip. WE GET IT YOU LIKE DRUGS!

This post sponsored by onnit.com !!! Go get your bro on, bro! Fuck! Supplements! Brain Power! onnit.com !!

Yeah. He is who he is. I saw that he had Scott Adams on and I thought, "this might actually be interesting". And then in the first five minutes Joe was like "so. wanna get baked?"

I lol'd, but turned it off.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That was a good interview. You should probably go back and listen to it past that part for real.