Red Dead Redemption 2

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So during the streams I watched I learned that you can stream RDR1 on PS Now or whatever.
So that basically means there's a PC Version of RDR1, because they surely won't stream it from a bunch of old PS3s lined up in a server rack, right?

This has been available for a while (mid 2017?), due to mostly negative reviews I passed on it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I’m right there with you, never had a PS4 but these recent Spider-Man and Red Dead releases have me tempted.

I've always been a PC fanboi, but a 55" oled with a PS4 seems above PC levels of immersion.

• 1Seriously?

SeanDoe1z1

Prolly wait for a longer break for this, run into issue of getting into games where I only have 1-2 hours and put it down and have a hard time readjusting next time I play.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hard to imagine not having a pro, if you enjoy video games. Literally all the great game releases of the past few years are on it with a few exceptions. Might wait for holiday sales but you’d instantly have 400+ hours of great entertainment day 1

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I resisted the urge to become a console pleb during the Monster World and God of War releases, I wonder if I can go 3 for 3

Why resist something that you'll very likely enjoy?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be a 7.5/10 or maybe 8/10 game for me....

• Controls are dumb and annoying.
  • Realism creates a lot of tedium that really detracts from the overall experience.
    • Riding to every location can take a very long time. Stagecoach and Train fast travel systems are okay. But quite limited, especially early on.
    • Have you physically bring animals and skins 1 by 1 to your camp. This is stupid.
    • Over half of your time played in this game will be a horse riding simulator. Yes yes you can say that even more of GTA was a driving simulator but GTAV especially had all kinds of vehicles and variety.
    • Because of the realism travel time. It leads to a lot of time where you are doing very little.
  • Bounty system is an extremely fickle bitch.
    • Bump someone with your horse get wanted for assault and the Lawman will gun you down for it instantly. Even if the bounty is like $5 for the crime of assault.
    • Many many actions, even, "good" ones will trigger the bounty system and force you to chase down the eyewitness.
      • Eyewitness thing is fucking gay.
        • Fuck eyewitness bullshit.
    • Being WANTED is actually quite oppressive in the game. I don't know how you can function well if you're always running WANTED with very high bounties.

I think this game would have greatly benefitted from the 3 protagonist kind of system that GTAV has. AS that allows you to juggle constant interaction, variety and fun and limits any tedium tremendously by just bouncing to another perspective.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just had a situation where I was stealing a stagecoach. I summon my horse so I don't get stranded (also stupid how often that can happen unless you consciously make the effort to keep your horse always following you). My horse runs into the stagecoach horses, which detaches them from the coach.

They then sprint off into the distance never to be seen again. I couldn't get out of the active mission and had to reload.

wut?

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I think you could make an argument for waiting 6 months to play this, but I'm saying that half-heartedly and at a time when online hasn't launched yet.

I'm happy I picked it up day 1 and am having a blast playing it, but I'm also wondering what QOL improvements they'll make in the first big patch. If I could binge on this for like 6 hours at a time, I think I'd enjoy the "immersion" aspects more than I do during the 60-90 minute spurts I'm able to play. It sorta feels like I'm logging on to do chores and 1 mission before I need to jump off.

That sounds worse than it actually is. Solid game, it just doesn't feel as flexible for people's RL schedule as I like open world games to be. Not so far, at least. I'm barely into it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't done it yet, but a friend told me you can eventually unlock fast travel from camp.

You need to first upgrade Dutch's tent and then you get an option to upgrade your own to get fast travel. It is around $500.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Why resist something that you'll very likely enjoy?

time is the main factor. Realistically there's just not enough free time for me to play those epic long games. I'm also hoping I can drag this no console thing until next gen ones are released and then get it. Money is not an issue, I just don't wanna spend it on a console that's gonna be "dead" soon

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
  • Have you physically bring animals and skins 1 by 1 to your camp. This is stupid.

If you leave them all on your horse, you can donate them to Pearson in the sell/donate menu. Unless I'm not understanding your complaint.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
time is the main factor. Realistically there's just not enough free time for me to play those epic long games. I'm also hoping I can drag this no console thing until next gen ones are released and then get it. Money is not an issue, I just don't wanna spend it on a console that's gonna be "dead" soon

That’s cool.

Sometimes RL gets in the way of these huge games for me too and there’s so many options now.

I’ve seen Utnayan Utnayan make recommendations on getting the PS4 for the exclusives, and I agree, because at this point even if you just bought it for the top 5 games of the system (GoW, TLoU, HZD, etc) you’d get your money out of it and then just trade in.

I won’t lecture you but you’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t at least play GoW (can’t speak to RDR2 yet).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
If you leave them all on your horse, you can donate them to Pearson in the sell/donate menu. Unless I'm not understanding your complaint.

Think he means you can only have one animal on your horse at a time but not positive. Im not far into it yet, just passed the tutorial winter area and at the first camp (Horseshoe whatever).

I wouldn't give it a 10/10, but the sheer amount of detail in pretty much all aspects make it a must play. My lack of time means itll also keep me busy for 3+months so thats a plus as well.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished fully my camp. I upgraded a few weapons, pearl grips, engravings etc. They look cool. :)

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Think he means you can only have one animal on your horse at a time but not positive. Im not far into it yet, just passed the tutorial winter area and at the first camp (Horseshoe whatever).

I wouldn't give it a 10/10, but the sheer amount of detail in pretty much all aspects make it a must play. My lack of time means itll also keep me busy for 3+months so thats a plus as well.

Well, you can have one big animal and two smaller ones. From what I've seen, you really don't need the bodies. Just skin and move on. Maybe you get slightly more meat with bodies but who cares?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

You can only bring one animal at a time to the camp. You can't go on a hunting spree to stock up on stuff.

DickTrickle

You can only bring one animal at a time to the camp. You can't go on a hunting spree to stock up on stuff.

But why do you need to bring in the whole body? You can skin 20 animals and get pelts, parts, and meats and give them to the camp.