Red Dead Redemption 2

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else chuckle everytime Arthur runs into a door and looks like he face planted into it without turning the knob?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hahaha yeah and then the people inside are like what???!!!

One time I insulted a hooker and the piano stopped and everyone listened to the argument.

Can you ever nail these hookers? It only says decline and reject. :(

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Is there a way to defuse a witness that comes along after you've defended yourself from attackers? The game seems to treat them the same way as when you're just outright murdering people.

I just got ambushed by 6 bandits outside of Valentine and killed them, only to have a stranger wander by while I was looting them. I tried to talk to him and he panicked and ran straight into town and suddenly I was wanted by name.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If they're they close to the city probably not. Out in the open you can chase them down and threaten, beat, kill them.

Hate to say it but after a video popped up suggested on YouTube I went and turned off the HDR and them game looks noticeably better to me. Read a bunch of back and forths on Reddit and elsewhere, seems to be no consensus. I was running it at just over 300 on the calibration.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know what penalties (if any) there are for dying? It seems to just reset you into a randomish location without a message of any sort.
Starts at 5% but goes up each additional time you die within an hour (7%/10%/13%/15%/20%, but never more than $150)

afaik there is an extra mission that occurs if you are like... rank 4 good or higher? i think, the plat trophy guides all say try to be good so you can get that extra mission done for being honorable. Other than that doesn't seem to matter, game's a bit harder if you just do stuff to trigger bounties a lot (kill/rob randos) but other than 1 extra mission for being honorable seems to be up to you.
Rank 4 isn't really that much, but the bigger issue is that murdering people and a few other things have an honor cost that scales up each time you do it.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Done with this until it gets some patches. The amount of bullshit that happens is just not giving me a fun experience.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can anyone clarify the 4 missable achievements/trophies better in particular the missions needed for Honorable trophy/cheev?

spronk

FPS noob
Can anyone clarify the 4 missable achievements/trophies better in particular the missions needed for Honorable trophy/cheev?

missable trophies

Lending a Hand
You have to reach honor level 4 (of 8) in chapter 6 to do the otpional mission "Do not seek absolution". The trophy itself requires doing all optional missions in a single playthrough, but as long you space out saves you can quickly replay if you miss any going from chapter X to X+1 by looking at story progress which lists any missions you skipped. Just not having honor 4 by ch6 means you can't do a mission.

Friends With Benefits
have to do a companion activity in chapters 2-4, not exactly sure how you miss it there are like 5 per chapter. Just do everything before you advance the story?

Give to the Poor
donate $250 to the gang box

Errand Boy
deliver 5 camp companion items, similar to friends w benefits i imagine there are like 6 per chapter just hang around camp doing shit for people, its time based apparently so some people will ask stuff in the day, some at night, etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There are some stations you can pay them at that aren't within law enforcement zones. The town you unlock the first fence at is one of them.

download.jpeg

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love this game, but getting nailed with a bounty because some random event decides to attack you is a bunch of fucking bullshit.

• 3Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love this game, but getting nailed with a bounty because some random event decides to attack you is a bunch of fucking bullshit.

I was just watching some stream last night in the first town, the guy climbed on a roof, jumped to another roof and there were people working on the roof. He greets them, one of them gets up, puts his hammer away and goes "okay give us all your money". Of course player fights back, knocks someone off the roof, guy apparently dies from the fall? WANTED BOUNTY WITNESS WITNESS WITNESS.

That is entertaining to watch, but for a serious playthrough, this would be just too frustrating for me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Reddit theory is that the bounty system is this oppressive so they can microtransaction you to get out of it in the online game. They couldn't keep it Bounty Lite in the single player then hardcore bounty in the online so they just made both consistently bullshit. That way players can't complain it was ramped up to nickel and dime people it is just design decisions!

I also learned that if you commit a crime or any interaction that will trigger a bounty near a town or road. The game actually spawns an eyewitness out of thin air. Fuck them.