Red Dead Redemption 2

spronk

FPS noob
I resisted the urge to become a console pleb during the Monster World and God of War releases, I wonder if I can go 3 for 3

if you love games its a no brainer to buy a ps4 pro imo, RDR2 + Bloodborne + Uncharted + God of War + Spider-Man + KH3 + TLOU 1 & 2, i mean i can't really think of any PC game I'd rather play other than going back to 2004 world of warcraft

even something simple like black ops 4 I own on both ps4 and PC but play on PS4 99% of the time because (1) the PC players are fucking FPS gods and I am shit-tier compared to them (2) i don't ever have to worry about cheaters/hackers playing on console, that shit got old real fast on pubg on PC watching chinese hackers teleport and 1-shot from across the map.

• 3Like
  • 2Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it's completely obvious and I feel a little stupid for not considering it before (basically forgot I had it), but sliding on your bandanna prevents bounties being placed on your head in a lot of instances.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I know it's completely obvious and I feel a little stupid for not considering it before (basically forgot I had it), but sliding on your bandanna prevents bounties being placed on your head in a lot of instances.

Also, I saw something about the clothes you're wearing and the horse you're riding factoring into witness issues as well. "Man on pale yellow horse wearing a blue/grey outfit" sort of deal. Even shaving is supposed to help clear your wanted status faster or something along those lines.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh well shit.

Is there any way to resolve the bounty in the Micah quest? Or is that supposed to happen?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Red Dead Redemption 2 or Assassins Creed Odyssey? Want to play both but any suggestions which is more fun. Never did play RDR1 but played all the AC ones, kinda poor atm so can only afford one of them right now. :p

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
At the airport to fly back home. Vikes game isn’t on until 7:30 so can’t wait to dive back in for a few hours.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Red Dead Redemption 2 or Assassins Creed Origins? Want to play both but any suggestions which is more fun. Never did play RDR1 but played all the AC ones, kinda poor atm so can only afford one of them right now. :p

I just finished AC Odyssey, so I’d pick that up over Origins but I haven’t started RDR2 yet so I can’t really say. There’s a lot to do in AC:O but it can be repetitive after a while which I think is true of most open work games. But I got 70 hours easily on AC:O

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just finished AC Odyssey, so I’d pick that up over Origins but I haven’t started RDR2 yet so I can’t really say. There’s a lot to do in AC:O but it can be repetitive after a while which I think is true of most open work games. But I got 70 hours easily on AC:O
Ah I wrote the wrong title, meant Odyssey.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Red Dead Redemption 2 or Assassins Creed Odyssey? Want to play both but any suggestions which is more fun. Never did play RDR1 but played all the AC ones, kinda poor atm so can only afford one of them right now. :p

Since money is a factor, it's worth factoring in that Odyssey will see a lowered price long before RDR2 will, and Ubisoft tends to discount more than other publishers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Odyssey is really solid. About 25 hours in it gets fairly repetitive, but its pretty fun game. Really enjoyed the setting.

Only 12 hours into RDR2, there is a definite learning curve, but it's getting really special.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So do you need to play it straight good or evil like mass effect to get benefits or extra scenes on the meter? Or is it ok to play and make decisions organically and end up somewhere in the middle 80% of the spectrum?

spronk

FPS noob
afaik there is an extra mission that occurs if you are like... rank 4 good or higher? i think, the plat trophy guides all say try to be good so you can get that extra mission done for being honorable. Other than that doesn't seem to matter, game's a bit harder if you just do stuff to trigger bounties a lot (kill/rob randos) but other than 1 extra mission for being honorable seems to be up to you.

it is tied to play through so you can't "replay" specific chapters or missions to redo it, you'd have to replay the entire game. i'd suggest one play through as good to make it easier on yourself, then a second playthrough later as a maniac for the lulz. that'd also let you gold every mission, since you don't know the gold criteria for a mission until you do it at least once.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Does anyone know what penalties (if any) there are for dying? It seems to just reset you into a randomish location without a message of any sort.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Remember, the PS4 has a running 15 minute buffer of gameplay. Click the share button and save the video when something fun happens.

• 17Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 18 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I have AC:Ody on Steam/Uplay, spronk spronk or anyone know if I can transfer/trade the game to Aazrael Aazrael ? I'm moving on to RDR2, so I'd be happy if someone else got some use out of it.