Rerolled "Best Game of 2014"

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1. Drakengard 3
2. Alien: Isolation
3. Lightning Returns

Most disappointing was Murdered: Soul Suspect by a huge margin.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
What I actually played that came out this year:
Divinity OS even though I never finished it
Diablo 3 RoS
Hearthstone

In terms of time spent:
Dota 2
Hearthstone
Diablo 3

I don't really keep up with new games anymore

The Master

Bronze Squire
Hearthstone is literally the only game I can nominate, I don't play games when they are new anymore for the most part. Minimum like 2-3 years old.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1:Wasteland 2 tied with Divinity
2: Alien Isolation - amazing game. Further proof youtubers/rerolled> SJW game journos
3: assassins creed RoGUE fellas not unity
4: farcry 4 and DA amazing but not finished. DA prolly could claim top spot.

Destiny was ok but dropped the ball. No Bueno

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No MMO's so it makes it tough. Games were all over the place this year too in terms of style and genre so...

1. Smash Bros.
2. Shadows of Mordor
3. Mario Kart 8
4. Diablo 3 RoS
5. NBA 2K15

Mario Kart should probably number 1 but Smash was so good and Mordor had such an in-depth story and looked great. It was really tough to rank but i'm telling you, WiiU wins the console war this year and next year.

Zelda WiiU is going to drop the mic.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
List based off of order of enjoyment - not necessarily legit "GOTY" qualities

1) Titanfall (based on sheer hours and enjoyment of the movement)
1) Dark Souls II
2) Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
4) Destiny (again, based on sheer hours input)
5) Woflenstein

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Star Realms - This app game/board game is amazing and I can spend literally hours at a time playing this game. The face to face game is even more fun. I am 100% in on this!

Reaper of Souls - I enjoyed D3 but this expansion made it 100X more fun.

Dragon Age - The series is awesome, still loving it.

Biggest disappointment - Hearthstone - Blizzard has the resources to have come out with things like constructed events from day 1 but they didn't. Between how long the silly animations take and the lack of constructed events I am out on this pay to win game
frown.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hearthstone is really the only 2014 released game I played this year.

I played Binding of Isaac and Civ V for the first time in 2014 and enjoyed the fuck out of them.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
1.Hearthstone
2.Dark Souls II
3.Alien: Isolation

I'm bias'd because I'm a huge Alien fan but I frigging LOVED Alien Isolation, The feel, The environment and the difficulty just struck me in a good way. I know a lot of people passed on it due to Colonial Marines but this game really deserves a look even if you're not an Alien fan it's a good horror simulator.

I'm playing Shadows of Mordor right now and I'd say it's super enjoyable but I haven't beaten it so I can't nominate it.

Hearthstone is easily the best game of the year though...

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I really dont have much time for games, I play some Hearthstone on my downtime and my son (12) and I just beat Diablo 3 on Co-Op on his PS4 after like 8 weeks of playing once a week or so.

I kind of look at it as my responsibility to make sure that
A.) He doesnt play too much and gets his shit done, but also
B.) when he does play, he plays only really good games.

Based on recommendations, I just got him Shadows of Mordor. He loves LOTR and that stuff, but I am always weary of movie to game titles. Thank you all for the recommendations!

I also have a 7 year old boy, he is obsessed with Marvel stuff, got him Disney Infinity Marvel Superheros 2.0. Anyone play this?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I really dont have much time for games, I play some Hearthstone on my downtime and my son (12) and I just beat Diablo 3 on Co-Op on his PS4 after like 8 weeks of playing once a week or so.

I kind of look at it as my responsibility to make sure that
A.) He doesnt play too much and gets his shit done, but also
B.) when he does play, he plays only really good games.

Based on recommendations, I just got him Shadows of Mordor. He loves LOTR and that stuff, but I am always weary of movie to game titles. Thank you all for the recommendations!

I also have a 7 year old boy, he is obsessed with Marvel stuff, got him Disney Infinity Marvel Superheros 2.0. Anyone play this?
My Fiancee is a huge Disney princess,Marvel Fan and she has a compulsion to collect toys so Disney Infinity is like crack to her. "We" currently own every single Disney Infinity Character from the 1st game and every released character from the 2.0 edition as well.

I've played through them as a 29 year old man and I can tell you that the story lines and game play is Verrrrry basic. Tons of "Go here and fight 10 guys" quests until you get to the end boss that is basically the same thing. Very Very easy challenge wise it's almost impossible to die. I give it a pass because it's obviously intended for kids.

The building part is apparently really fun and that is the main draw of the game I'm not very good at it and if I was I would probably be playing something on my PC like Landmark but for a console game it's pretty in depth.

A 7 year old Marvel fan will probably love it but for an adult gamer it's very shallow. We havent touched it since a week after we bought it but we still have all the guys on a shelf looking cool next to my $300 Hottoys Figures.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of the games I play are a year or more old. SoDivinity: Original Sinis the only game I really enjoyed that qualifies for a 2014 list.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Path of Exile

I'm overruling the rule that the game has to originally release in 2014. PoE has seen a large (free) expansion this year as well as multiple HUGE patches adding large amounts of new content and leagues to the game this year.

I've put 300+ hours into PoE this year. I probably haven't played every other game combined for that much.

My #2-5 would be:
South Park: Stick of Truth
Wasteland 2
Dark Souls 2
Far Cry 4