Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think we'd have the patience to go through it again. Like most NES game we fire up every now and then, we play it for 5 - 10 minutes and say "fuck this shit" lol. We had much more patience as kids.
Year or so ago I fired up my old NES with Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Shit is a lot easier than I remember. Super Macho Man and Tyson used to give me issues as a kid but I crushed it one sitting think I only got knocked down once.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Which design do you prefer? NES or Famicom?

I much prefer the small size and design of the Famicom but I don't like the fact that the controllers are permanently attached to the console. I also like the red/gold colors of the Famicom more than the boring NES colors. The controllers also look like they can be more comfortable to hold in the hands since the corners are rounded and not square like the NES controllers. Having a speaker on the second controller is pretty cool and I don't know why Nintendo would remove that on the NES version. Also, having an eject button is also a much better design choice than having to put the cart in and push down until it locks in place on the NES version console. I like the small design of the Famicom carts as well but I don't like that there are no labels at the top of the carts. The NES carts got that part right, at least. The NES looks like it was designed to look like a VCR which I believe was intentionally done by Nintendo so that it doesn't look like a toy since they just released almost right after the video game crash and wanted a more serious approach to video games. They even used the term "Entertainment System" and not "Video Game System" just so there's no reference to the video game crash. At the end of the day, what really matters are the amazing games we got to play on this timeless machine. Thanks to Nintendo, we are still playing games to this day and the gaming industry is bigger than ever!

rrr_img_117181.jpg

rrr_img_117182.jpg
The Famicom looks like one of those ripoff consoles you can buy for $20. I much prefer the NES look. But honestly if I had grown up with the Famicom and the same question was asked I'd probably say the Famicom. Nostalgia is overwhelming sometimes. heh

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Year or so ago I fired up my old NES with Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Shit is a lot easier than I remember. Super Macho Man and Tyson used to give me issues as a kid but I crushed it one sitting think I only got knocked down once.
Patterns. As you get older, especially from sub-10 youth forward, you tend to notice and appreciate patterns more. Punch Out is literally a game of pattern recognition, and it makes complete sense that you would be better at that type of game as an adult.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm still lookking for an old NES game, I don't remember anything about it really other than it was somewhat orient based, and that it had multiple floors/areas named like C-1, A-2, etc. I remember a lot of pale colors in the game, and that's about it. It wasn't strider.
You aren't talking about the Fist of the North Star NES game are you?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patterns. As you get older, especially from sub-10 youth forward, you tend to notice and appreciate patterns more. Punch Out is literally a game of pattern recognition, and it makes complete sense that you would be better at that type of game as an adult.
Yeah I figured me not being 7 years old anymore was a bit of a help. Game was still fun, if a bit clunky. Normally I only boot up my old systems to play some of my favorite old RPG's.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Punch Out was a super easy game though and it had perfect controls unlike Top Gun that had terrible controls and was boring as hell!

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
I know, I know, this is supposed to be the "RETRO" gaming thread but fuck it. I've been loving The Division so far. Game is fun as hell and really nice to look at.

rrr_img_128712.jpg
rrr_img_128713.jpg
rrr_img_128714.jpg
rrr_img_128715.jpg
rrr_img_128716.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I know, I know, this is supposed to be the "RETRO" gaming thread but fuck it. I've been loving The Division so far. Game is fun as hell and really nice to look at.
I know, I know, I probably shouldn't be shitcanning people for trolling in screenshots...but, as you say,"fuck it". The Rickshaw is fun as hell and it's really nice to look at when retards are locked in there.

Post in the Division thread next time, dipshit.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Instant RRP for making an off-topic post in an abandoned thread Marmac created himself?
Damnnnnnnn, Erronius don't play around.

pysbzrcexj5ct2xtgnpf.jpg

tumblr_n15ji9PQkz1tts6cco1_540.jpg

tumblr_n1609xyekR1tts6cco1_1280.png

tumblr_n15k2oq7tm1tts6cco1_540.jpg

60eb07d76577fc724c05a78e4a71bf3dadbea13e.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

r7prf8tr1nm07mo9p2lf.jpg

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
When I see this, I just think of how different Nintendo would have been today if they would have stuck with Sony for the Super NES CD. What a shame. Nintendo must be kicking themselves in the ass for this huge mistake.