Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's another good clue: was it on a CD-Rom or a floppy disk?
I remember downloading it from a shareware style website, so no luck there. It's possible it had other sources, but this was a long time ago.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Would it just be just "Caveman"?

The description sounds like it, at least...

CAVEMAN software. a person simulator / RPG game with FPS combat where you control a prehistoric caveman! Starting with just a loincloth, you must explore the wilderness to find water, food, and shelter. Battle the elements and wild animals as you struggle

(Note the download link doesnt work no idea where to get it if this is it)

"a person simulator / RPG game with FPS combat where you control a prehistoric caveman! Starting with just a loincloth, you must explore the wilderness to find water, food, and shelter. Battle the elements and wild animals in your struggle for survival. Gather resources to make tools and weapons. Find a nice little cave near a waterhole and some berry bushes, and you could be on the way to living large - Caveman style! Caveman is an open ended role playing game / simulator. The object is to survive and become as powerful as possible. There is no time limit. There is no specific quest, adventure, mission, or campaign you must complete to win the game. There are quests but they are optional, simply another means of surviving. Basically, as long as your caveman is alive, you're winning the game."

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
God that sounds right, but the download link is broken as mentioned and there are no pics. Such a simple title lol

Looks like 1.3 was the version I played as a youth. The new website is rocklandsoftware.net but they no longer offer the old version just an updated 3.0 version with crappy 3d graphics.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Been playing some Wardner. Good challenge.
rrr_img_93957.jpg
rrr_img_93958.jpg
rrr_img_93959.jpg
rrr_img_93960.png
rrr_img_93961.gif
rrr_img_93962.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm still lookking for an old NES game, I don't remember anything about it really other than it was somewhat orient based, and that it had multiple floors/areas named like C-1, A-2, etc. I remember a lot of pale colors in the game, and that's about it. It wasn't strider.

Szlia

What did you do in the game? What was the character? What type of scrolling was it? Was there even a scrolling?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
He said vaguely oriental, so I was thinking about the orient express part. Or was that the second one?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thanks guys, none of those are it. I need to try to get more information. I very very vaguely remember this game, I only remember areas like A-2, C-1, etc, and i kinda recall it was mostly a yellowish/tan color most of the game. I'll see what else I can try to recall from it. Kung Fu was awesome! But no that wasn't it
biggrin.png

It was an adventure game, and I recall back in the day getting my parents permission to call a nintendo game counselor for help (lol) with it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just like to throw this out there every now and then. I'm one of the handful of people in the entire world who figured out how to land on the aircraft carrier in top gun, and I was still a child when I did it.

rrr_img_94241.png

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Thanks guys, none of those are it. I need to try to get more information. I very very vaguely remember this game, I only remember areas like A-2, C-1, etc, and i kinda recall it was mostly a yellowish/tan color most of the game. I'll see what else I can try to recall from it. Kung Fu was awesome! But no that wasn't it
biggrin.png

It was an adventure game, and I recall back in the day getting my parents permission to call a nintendo game counselor for help (lol) with it.
Bionic Commando????? Or did I miss somewhere you said PC and not NES????

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
lol no its not bionic commando or metal gear. Those are incredibly obvious
biggrin.png

It was a side scroller if I recall but i also recall it being both horizontal and vertical scroller.

I have like every NES ROM imagineable, I should one day just spend hours to try to find it.