Revolution

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
who even knows that these are nukes. Maybe they're some weapon that was supposed to go with the nano bots.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not yet, but I'd be extremely surprised for it not to be after the season ends. Last year, they made the mistake of thinking this show's decent ratings were indicative of it being a good show and moved it to Wednesday to carry the night, when in reality the only reason it had good ratings was because people were too lazy to change the channel after The Voice was over. Now that it no longer can depend on The Voice, its ratings have cratered. The only reason it'd get renewed at this point is if NBC just came out and admitted that they can't do any better and give up.

I'm sort of curious to see if this pattern repeats with The Blacklist next year.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Not yet, but I'd be extremely surprised for it not to be after the season ends. Last year, they made the mistake of thinking this show's decent ratings were indicative of it being a good show and moved it to Wednesday to carry the night, when in reality the only reason it had good ratings was because people were too lazy to change the channel after The Voice was over. Now that it no longer can depend on The Voice, its ratings have cratered. The only reason it'd get renewed at this point is if NBC just came out and admitted that they can't do any better and give up.

I'm sort of curious to see if this pattern repeats with The Blacklist next year.
Blacklist is a much better show...Revolution has been shit from the start.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear a boardroom at NBC discussing the failure of this show. I have a feeling they would be taking all the wrong lessons from it. The premise of the show had a lot of potential, completely ruined by pretty much everything other than the premise.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Oh come on, the show isn'tthatbad. But NBC pitting it against American Idol was a massive blunder. They would've been better off keeping it on Monday.

What's sad is that they really haven't been working towards a conclusion for Revolution. So if this is canceled (and it looks like it probably will be), we won't get any sort of closure.

Oldbased

> Than U
It does piss me off how they do that. I only casually watched this series so I don't care but Networks should always make a finale for the people who were loyal to any series be it 1 year or 12. Truthfully they don't give a fuck about the people who did watch and earn them money, they just care about those who don't.

Cybsled

Usually a show needs to hit a certain amount of seasons + have a devoted enough fanbase to get a "pity" season for a finale (ie, Chuck).

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It does piss me off how they do that. I only casually watched this series so I don't care but Networks should always make a finale for the people who were loyal to any series be it 1 year or 12. Truthfully they don't give a fuck about the people who did watch and earn them money, they just care about those who don't.
With networks looking taking more of a long-term look at shows - since they can continue to profit off of them through syndication, streaming rights, and DVD sales - it surprises me that this isn't becoming more standard. A show like Revolution is going to be a really hard to sell without a conclusion. Who is going to want to sit through a show knowing it's just going to end on a cliffhanger? I realize it wouldn't be cheap to produce another episode, especially for a show that's already gotten the axe, but at least it would make the show more viable for people to watch after it ends.

Not to mention, I'm sure a lot more people would be willing to give these types a show a chance if they knew they'd get all of the answers. It's always a gamble getting involved in these types of shows, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has started to ignore shows with a huge mystery since this has usually been the end result.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Usually a show needs to hit a certain amount of seasons + have a devoted enough fanbase to get a "pity" season for a finale (ie, Chuck).
Its not so much pity as it is those are good shows that go bad and lose viewers as they age, so when they announce a final season it brings back lots of viewers who stopped watching. If a show never had a large following they arent going to expect a bounce from a final season announcement so they dont do it.

In terms of syndication, I bet they just don't think it is gonna do that well, it got canceled for a reason after all. There are a few shows that go big on dvd sales after they cancel like family guy or futurama but for the vast majority its not much. Plus if they capped every show with a conclusion they would never get to sell a mildly popular show out to a cable network after its canceled.

Shows with a big mystery suck because networks have no integrity and will insert 5 years of filler into what should be a 2 season series if it gets popular too, I hate that shit far more than I hate them canceling them and not telling you what happened, because usually the former is them ruining a good show, and the later is them not giving a fuck about a bad one.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
In terms of syndication, I bet they just don't think it is gonna do that well, it got canceled for a reason after all.
What do they expect when they plant a niche show against the American Idol juggernaut? Revolution actually had decent ratings when it was on Monday night pitted against similar genres.