Riddick (2013)

spronk

FPS noob
saw this today too to support my man vin diesel, I enjoyed it. Not as good as the other two (well, chronicles is kinda out there but different). Wish the alien monsters were different, like creatures that normally live in space or ones that are more sentient or are part mechanical or a million other ideas instead of PB2.0-but-shittier. I also recently rewatched Pitch Black and the color setups on that movie were fucking amazing, with the red/blue/dark visuals just stunning, didn't get anything like that from here. Much better action sequences in PB too, no "oh shit!" attack suprises.

Love me my Starbuck so that was damn awesome, the only other character that had any personality was dog. Hope the movie does well enough to keep the franchise going. I wouldn't even say there was 15 mins of necromonger backstory, more like 3 tops.

was the black chick who died the wife of Commander Vaako (?) in chronicles? She was super hot in Chronicles, didn't look so nice here so I assume different people.

kudos

<Banned>
Yes, I too enjoy bad things because they are bad. Please keep making posts, I really enjoy them.
Are you mad because you cannot grasp the idea that a movie can be cheesy and still be good? Sorry if you're such a serious faggot that you cannot enjoy something as simple as a car chase action movie.

Arakkis

N00b
Are you mad because you cannot grasp the idea that a movie can be cheesy and still be good? Sorry if you're such a serious faggot that you cannot enjoy something as simple as a car chase action movie.
Yes. I am so fucking mad right now. I just punched my screen and hurt my hand.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw it with the wife and liked it for what it was. People complaining about the mercs forget that a significant part of the franchise is Riddick dick waving at mercs, though it was done better in Chronicles than here. Early parts were really good, but the end tapered off a bit. Like Chronicles, I suspect the directors cut will flesh some things out like why he was so hellbent on going to Furya and what the oath he kept refusing to take were. Looking forward to part four in whatever media it ends up coming out in, because I like the universe this is set in.

DMK_sl

shitlord
For what it was it was actually really good IMO. With so little to work with they certainly made the most of what they had. That blonde chick was making me that toey dunno why. I hope it does well because I'd really like to see the next one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just saw this movie. I waited the whole time for the story to progress and it didn't. This movie sucked. The titty and almost vag shots made it get 2/10 from me. The ending was like "Oh shit movie needs to end, wrap it up in 10 seconds."

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed it. Did a good job of connecting the previous movies. It had a few silly parts but all 3 of the films do.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Saw it last night, I liked it. I liked it because it was more of a pitch black sequel than anything else. Very little about chronicles which I thought was OK, even though I enjoyed chronicles, it's a much different beast then pitch black.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got out to see the movie last night. It was great, for a Riddick film.

Appropriately bad dialogue, gratuitous violence, and a plot the barely holds itself together? Perfect. It is a well made film and Vin pulls it off spectacularly.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Went to see this last night, for some strange reason I hadn't heard anything about this film, only that there was supposed to be some new Riddick film soon (tm). Didn't notice Katee Sackhoff's name in the beginning credits either so when she popped up I was happy. When her titty popped up I was very happy!

I for one liked both PB and Chronicles, even though they were different. While this film did have a slow start I did like it. The dialogue was not Shakespeare, but fuck it, who cares? It had action, b-movie one-liners, a hot chick, and cool sci-fi shit. And I loved the dog. Oh, and it wasn't a fucking 3D movie like every single god damn sci-fi flick seems to be now a days. Thank god for small budgets eh?

All in all, I liked it, and hope there will be a new Riddick film soon.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
HUGE Riddick fan, that said he was trying to hard in this one. His monologues were forced which made the chained up scenes pure cheese and not in a good way.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i loved this movie. it was pretty good for the first half when Riddick played the hunter. Had an anti-hero vibe to it. It kinda went downhill in the second half. Wish the creatures had some variety to it. Kinda boring in that department.