Riddick (2013)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really hope this ends up being a success. I really want to see more movies in the Riddick universe. Never understood why people hate on Vin Diesel. He's a pretty alright dude.
he was really good in Saving Private Ryan ahah

j00t

i have little to no time to watch current movies (FINALLY saw dredd the other night, for example) so there's definitely no chance of hunting down both versions of chronicles of riddick. i saw the theatrical version but i really don't remember much of it... could someone spoiler me the differences in the theatrical release and the director's cut?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The director's cut explains more of the Furyan background. It goes into a bit more detail on the Riddick universe.

j00t

hmm.... i very vaguely remember that... maybe i DID see the director's cut... would explain why i didn't really think too poorly of the movie... it wasn't GREAT but i didn't think it was really bad either. i've spent money on way worse movies.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, the Director's Cut of Chronicles is one of those where it's night and day between it and the cinema cut. I saw the director's cut first, went "So why did people hate this, then?" then saw the original version a while later: "Oh,that'swhy"
Same thing happened to me with Babylon AD - wife and I watched the standard cut after the directors cut and was like "WTF?"

I forgot what version of Chronicals I watched, so I should obtain a copy of the DC and give it a go.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Went with the girlfriend to catch a "midnight" release at 10pm.

Lots of cheese and horrible lines. We both had a lot of laughs. Enjoyed it much more than Chronicles . They didn't skimp on the gore at all. Nice solid R rated action movie. Fat bitches in the next section over kept screaming at stupid shit.

Edit: Starbuck played Starbuck in this. Literally the same character. So if you are a fan of Battlestar Galactica and need more Starbuck in your life just go see this. Also titties.

kudos

<Banned>
Went with the girlfriend to catch a "midnight" release at 10pm.

Lots of cheese and horrible lines. We both had a lot of laughs. Enjoyed it much more than Chronicles . They didn't skimp on the gore at all. Nice solid R rated action movie. Fat bitches in the next section over kept screaming at stupid shit.

Edit: Starbuck played Starbuck in this. Literally the same character. So if you are a fan of Battlestar Galactica and need more Starbuck in your life just go see this. Also titties.
She plays the same character in every movie. Even movies where it's not an action movie she has the same type of attitude.

*nerd* Starbuck hasn't been hot since season 2 of BSG.

Arakkis

N00b
I really really wanted to like this movie but it sucked shit. It was Fast and Furious 9:Riddick. I want to list some things wrong with the movie, but it was all so bad I will just say SyFi made for TV movies are better than this mattress stain.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
It was Pitch Black 2.0 with a slow start explaining him leaving the Necros. It's good for what it was, a way to get him out of the Necros lord marshal position and trying to find his homeworld in 4. Katee Sackhoof was good as Dahl, and after 10 years we get to see her side boob. And no she was not Starbuck, she was close but had more of a controlled aspect IMHO then she ever did as Starbuck.

Since it had such a low budget and seems to be setting up a good opening weekend i am sure 4 will be a given.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I really really wanted to like this movie but it sucked shit. It was Fast and Furious 9:Riddick. I want to list some things wrong with the movie, but it was all so bad I will just say SyFi made for TV movies are better than this mattress stain.
The last two F&F films have been decent action movies, though?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, it was Pitch Black 2 with titties. And I have absolutely no problem with that. I am sure they wanted to play it safe after how badly Chronicles was received so they decided to go with what they knew worked and set it up so for 4 they can do a "different" movie again where Riddick goes to find Furya. Movie was exactly as expected.

spronk

FPS noob
just rewatched Pitch Black last night in anticipation of seeing Riddick, forgot really how awesome PB was and that Officer Aeryn Sun was in it too. I never even played the video game, which I heard was great, so gonna have to check that out too.