Riddick (2013)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
HUGE Riddick fan, that said he was trying to hard in this one. His monologues were forced which made the chained up scenes pure cheese and not in a good way.
Eh, I took the cheeseyness as them not taking themselves too seriously. I really enjoyed this movie and hope they made enough to warrant making more.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It earned more than double it's budget. That's not too shabby. Still less than $100 million though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
may wanna wait for the directors cut if you saw it in theaters already, bluray is out jan 14 so should be out on torrent sites in late dec. 10 more minutes on DC. Current rip is, afaik, just the theater release
David Twohy Talks RIDDICK, a Directors Cut from the DVD/Blu-ray Release, and More | Collider
I love Twohy.

If George Lucas was anything like him, Star Wars I-II-III would have been awesome. The man knows his CGI, and he uses it very well with VERY little money.

David Twohy_sl said:
TWOHY: You know, you hear people say that there's too much CG in movies today, but CG is what allows me to take a green-painted wall in a studio and make it disappear, and then put 100 miles of landscape in. CG, in the right hands, can be a marvelous tool. You can't say it's too much. It can be done badly and over-exploited, but to me, it's just a tool. To me, it's just a tool and you just have to figure out how to use it.

iannis

Musty Nester
They're way, way better than shitty B movies have any right to be. True spiritual successor to Conan the Barbarian. They're better than a fair amount of the "serious" shit that hollywood pumps out.

I just feel bad for how horrible it's gonna be to be something that Riddick gives a fuck about in the underverse. They killed his girl and that was sad, but then they killed his fucking dog. How can you top killing the dudes fucking dog?

I can already see the next one. It's either going to be a loose Dante's Inferno, or a loose Persephone/Hades myth. Assuming it gets made, which I really hope it does.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder if the girl ended up in the underverse and if they let Riddick go and save her. With that theme, if they both come back do they have crazy ghosting/superspeed like the dude from chronicles? Not that Riddick needs anything extra when they haven't quite nailed down what Riddick can naturally do. I'm just mumbling at this point.

Column_sl

shitlord
I hope they don't do any of that stupid shit. That's why the 2nd movie wasn't that great they tried to hard to make it too epic.

Riddick is the kind of character that needs to be in singular stories with some small over arching snippets to tie it all together.

When you make him too godlike, it loses its appeal imo

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well I got the impression the Necromongers were his next stop but I could be wrong. They did try to kill him, and they tried(did?) destroy his people. Urban knows where Furia is. All good reasons to me!

I will be pretty happy if they make another one.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Well the series has taken some turns. It would be great for the return of Urban, it would be cool if they went in another direction in his search for Furya. Then go after Necromongers in a later movie or two.

spronk

FPS noob
Watched the extended bluray rip today, some minor tweaks from theatrical release. In the beginning there is an extra 3-4 minutes with the Necros and Vaako, showing what a precarious spot Riddick is in and what led him to the planet. At the end, theres another scene back at the Necromonger main ship and

Riddick kills a crazy Necro priest, finds out Vaako is a "man of honor" and is both alive and dead, presumably he did whatever the previous Lord Marshall has done and gone to an alternate universe/Underverse. Setting up a sequel for Riddick teaming up with Vaako to bring down the Necros?

anyways great movie and hope they start production on a sequel soon, but not sure if Riddick vs Necros part 2 is really a good plot. Then again Riddick stranded on yet another crazy ass monster planet would be pretty dumb too, but man I love that shit.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the Necromongers thing, they really made a point that he would bring them down based on the Furya thing, so that should really be addressed at some point.

Pitch Black was a great set up, Chronicles introduced some of the universe, Riddick went back to a semi barren planet. I would like to think they would not only be on deserted planets, and introduce some other crazy stuff. A lot can be done with this IP.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I was hoping they would combine elements from both Pitch Black and Chronicles in this recent one, but they basically just redid the first movie. I can understand that they wanted to get back to what made Riddick unique in the first movie, but they completely ditched the story that had progressed up to that point. This movie is pretty much (good) filler between more important events that I wanted to see unfold. If they do make another movie, I would hope they focus a bit more on character and story development, Necromongers or not.

Oldbased

> Than U
So I was watching this for the 80000th time on Vudu as it makes a great background noise movie and it got me to wondering about the 4th movie in the series.
I remember he had to fund this one mostly out of pocket or something after the Urban one due to lack of profits and it did semi well but at the time a few years back no word was given on the next one.
Well I just checked and.....
Riddick 4: Furia Shoots in 2017; Is an R-Rated Origin Story
Vin Diesel - IMDb
Vins progress lineup is Furia, 3 F&F and 2 GotG/Avengers. Busy schedule of pure madness and win.

I posted in this thread until more is known about Furia. Also It was updated Nov 28th 2016 to claim it is the final in the series and not an origin story after all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Really? I just assumed that he wasn't going to do another one. You know, he's got those other franchises that are the moneymakers.

Cool.

MORE GOOFY ASS RIDICK, PLEASE.