Rings of Power: Tolkien's Shambling Skinsuit

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kind of a nothingburger as far as plot line is concerned. Which is why they will probably lean fully into it. Probably make him black and gay too. It will be like the big gay ron swanson episode in last of us.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Even Peter Jackson who took his own liberties with the story knew well enough to stay away from Tom Bombadil.

Talk about the rotten cherry on top of an already steaming pile of shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying everything they can to get people to watch season 2. Tom is such a unique character that just wont translate well to live action.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's going to ruin the mystery of what exactly he is surely?

He'll end up being a Maiar like Gandalf? Was always the safest bet but... why...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well i did not expect that

Tom-Bombadil-Lord-of-the-Rings-First-Look-01.jpg

GOv66meXcAADjn4
lol, what a shitshow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They paid an arm and a leg for it. The estate is pleased with this decision to ruin Tom Bombadil.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's going to ruin the mystery of what exactly he is surely?

He'll end up being a Maiar like Gandalf? Was always the safest bet but... why...
I wouldn't think he's a Maiar. He explicitly stated the ring is meaningless to him. He is far beyond it's magic. He is sort of just the author's alter-ego put into the story in a little pocket dimension serving no real purpose. Just a little mystery. To me he's just Tolkien in book form.

Kind of like in Supernatural when they turned God into the writer at the end. He is the creator or 'god' of that universe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I wouldn't think he's a Maiar. He explicitly stated the ring is meaningless to him. He is far beyond it's magic. He is sort of just the author's alter-ego put into the story in a little pocket dimension serving no real purpose. Just a little mystery. To me he's just Tolkien in book form.

Kind of like in Supernatural when they turned God into the writer at the end. He is the creator or 'god' of that universe.
Lol at this show's writers considering that.

They'll probably have him reveal himself as Sauron at the end of the season.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande

That's all true, what I'm saying is that they probably won't do that and will choose one of the possible theories because Hollywood knows better.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They will have him speak with a Jamaican accent. He is going to be the LOTR version of JarJar Binks.

• 1Worf

Burns

When does rings of power come back on?

I hate to lose my free Prime shipping, but I have to cancel my Amazon subscription out of spite.
Depending on where you live and how you order, Prime can be worthless. You get "free" shipping on most orders over $35 w/o a Prime account and it generally arrives only 1 day later, if not at the exact same time anyway. If you are regularly ordering a bunch of small shit that would be under $35, you could always just add it to the basket, then wait until the basket is over $35 before you finalize the order.

Furthermore, a lot of places I order from (like Monoprice), include the shipping in the price listed on Amazon. So if you go to the their website directly, it's a cheaper price per item and the shipping cost for multiple items together comes out to be less than ordering the items on Amazon with "free" Prime shipping.

Finally, when you are logged into a Prime account, when clicking on an item on the website it will bring up a "Prime Shipping" item, which can be more expensive than a non-prime shipping item (which is still "free" shipping, if over $35).

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even Peter Jackson who took his own liberties with the story knew well enough to stay away from Tom Bombadil.

Talk about the rotten cherry on top of an already steaming pile of shit.

And Peter Jackson was a visionary.

Rings of Power is run by "just some guys", who admittedly are "just getting the hang of it" after Season 1, and who "hope Season 2 is going to give them another crack at it".

It takes more than mea culpas and humble attitudes to portray Tom Bombadil on screen. These 2 showrunners can't pull it off.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And Peter Jackson was a visionary.

Rings of Power is run by "just some guys", who admittedly are "just getting the hang of it" after Season 1, and who "hope Season 2 is going to give them another crack at it".

It takes more than mea culpas and humble attitudes to portray Tom Bombadil on screen. These 2 showrunners can't pull it off.
I thought they fired those two guys and have a more inclusive team now.