Rings of Power: Tolkien's Shambling Skinsuit

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought they fired those two guys and have a more inclusive team now.

They were re-signed for up to 5 seasons in a long term deal-- with Season 3 already being confirmed.

No inclusion, no changes. They were considering it, but Amazon decided not to rock the boat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd like to hear Astr0's opinion on this

Chukzombi Chukzombi
iu

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tom is either a Valar/Maiar, Eru or a piece of him, or a nameless one from when the earth was formed. Too bad I have negative faith in anything these dipshits dream up with their inclusion of him. Definitely gonna be some gay musical episode.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

word salad mostly to me although it'll be funny if they pivot away from girl boss galadriel as the story POV

It's likely the showrunners may have viewed some criticism by now re: Galadriel. Rather, them simply sitting down and watching Season 1 final cut could have been enough.

You don't need critics to tell you how unlikable she comes off. It's a glaring flaw of the show from day 1 and the loudest complaint.

This is pretty good news-- they are at least willing to elevate other stories to alleviate the problem.

• 1Like

Animosity

Just make the show a Durin and Elrond buddy cop show. They were the best storyline by a large margine.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida

Do I have any confidence this will be good? Nope.
Do I have any confidence this wont be woke? zero

Is there a lot to like about this trailer? Kinda tbh yea.

• 6Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Trailer was awesome. They are definitely blowing their wad on this season by already bringing in the Balrog.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Some parts of the trailer weren't actual shit. Still not going to watch unless there's some kind of remarkable turnaround in opinion on this travesty of a show. Still not going to finish season 1 either way.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t understand why there is still a hobbit storyline in this. Just a waste of time. Rest of it looked cool.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Eh, it mostly looks like more of the same.

And they already used up their trick of Sauron in his basic-bitch form manipulating Celebrimbor and the Elven smiths. But now he throws on a wig and returns as Annatar to do it again, and...none of these brilliant, millennia-old Elves have any clue who he is?

They should have fired the writing team save for whoever was in charge of the Elrond/Durin plotline. That was the only part of the show that was solid throughout. The sack of Eregion has a ton of cinematic potential. I imagine it will look impressive but be full of unearned emotional beats that fall flat.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is this show worth watching? I love Tolkien and the Hobbit was one of the first books I ever picked up and read without it being an assignment. I just don't want to be pissed the whole time I am watching this.