Is dmd pc only?

There's platforms other than PC?

giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
VS was on my Xbox gamepass. Just stumbled into it. - I like my recliner and controller and my steam stream thingy is put away. (and was not very good)

I guess i should get it out again. I watched asmongold play a bit of DMD and looked reasonably fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well I gave Halls of Torment another chance and I like it.

It gets a lot better once you unlock the Wellkeeper and can start with some items. A 30% attack speed set of gloves makes the melee a LOT better.

And, yeah, unlocking the additional characters also makes a big difference.

I really like this genre!

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah DMD just has very little content. I was about done with it after 4-5 hours. I did do a few runs at max difficulty just to see a few nice drops but meh. I ended up going back to soul stone survivors, just trying to see how much grinding it takes to unlock one of the new skins…turns out it’s a lot. May be done with the survivor games til SS releases more characters or 1.0.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wish this genre had more multiplayer. We tried to do remote play VS w/ Steam but that's really unplayable for my group for whatever reason. Menu is great, but once gameplay starts the framerate stops for everyone but the host. Bummer.

Just played VS for the first time on NYE. Less than 72 hours later I have 13 hours played. Unlocked 18 or so characters.

At one point last night a group of 5 of us were in Discord all playing VS rather than our usual co-op games, lol.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
This looks interesting. Comes out Q1 2024. I'm a sucker for simple farming sims and I've gotten more hooked on bullet heaven roguelite games than I thought I would. So far I've tried Vampire Survivors, Brotato, HoT, and Hades on the Steam deck.

Edit: Noticed I said bullet sponge instead of bullet heaven

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This looks interesting. Comes out Q1 2024. I'm a sucker for simple farming sims and I've gotten more hooked on bullet sponge roguelite games than I thought I would. So far I've tried Vampire Survivors, Brotato, HoT, and Hades on the Steam deck.

Yeah I have been logging more hours on these kind of games than AAA stuff lately. Vampire Survivors is the one I grinded the most. HoT and Hades are in progress but havent played them that much.

The Steam Deck is great for them as well.

I want to try a new one that has as much content as VS. Not sure what to get though. Soulstone one?

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have been logging more hours on these kind of games than AAA stuff lately. Vampire Survivors is the one I grinded the most. HoT and Hades are in progress but havent played them that much.

The Steam Deck is great for them as well.

I want to try a new one that has as much content as VS. Not sure what to get though. Soulstone one?
Soulstone definitely has the most content to unlock of any of these games. And is at the top in terms of quality and fun.

I don't own a Steam Deck, but I'm curious how Soulstone performs on it. If you aren't careful with your settings on PC you can melt your fucking graphics card pretty easily, so I'm assuming it defaults to lower settings on a Deck.

I think the thing that gets me (and the rest of you) playing these games more than most others (aside from the obvious dopamine rush they build into them) is that you can just sit down for 30 minutes or less and feel like you accomplished something, and turn it off and go do something else without feeling that you have to keep going. The compulsion to play a new unlock is always there, but it is easier to wait until tomorrow in a game like this because there isn't really anything you need to remember or be "in the flow" to keep a long session going.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Soulstone is fine on Steam Deck. Even towards late game there is no noticeable stuttering/lag and in general these types of games/rpgs are what I've been playing the most on it since I bought it last month.

Soulstone definitely has the most content to unlock of any of these games. And is at the top in terms of quality and fun.

I don't own a Steam Deck, but I'm curious how Soulstone performs on it. If you aren't careful with your settings on PC you can melt your fucking graphics card pretty easily, so I'm assuming it defaults to lower settings on a Deck.

I think the thing that gets me (and the rest of you) playing these games more than most others (aside from the obvious dopamine rush they build into them) is that you can just sit down for 30 minutes or less and feel like you accomplished something, and turn it off and go do something else without feeling that you have to keep going. The compulsion to play a new unlock is always there, but it is easier to wait until tomorrow in a game like this because there isn't really anything you need to remember or be "in the flow" to keep a long session going.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hope this genre continues to develop because right now there's very little content as so many of these are in EA or similar. I want HoT or DMD with full game content.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope this genre continues to develop because right now there's very little content as so many of these are in EA or similar. I want HoT or DMD with full game content.
Bigger studios getting into the genre will be how you know the boom is over. Look at Firaxis and card games.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bigger studios getting into the genre will be how you know the boom is over. Look at Firaxis and card games.

I think there's a good B+ studio effort that can go in here comfortably that will be really good before the genre starts stripping in hot tubs on Twitch.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

That's good to hear, haven't tried it yet and about to hit the end of Vampire Survivors as far as unlocks go. Lost another 5 hours on Friday night at a friends house playing it 4-player co-op, lol. I get the limitations for balance and maybe performance, but kind of a bummer everyone's so restricted (only 2 weapons/passives each w/ 4 players).

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone tried this one?

Yep, someone posted a review earlier. I gave it a shot, imagine taking brotato and backpack hero and having a baby, and adding in a little bit of meta progression. It needs a bunch of polish though, as the game play is a bit janky compared to the others, and the view angle is atrocious. I still enjoyed what was there, just hoping they make some improvements.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That one had a big update recently. Added a bunch of QoL I think. I haven't put much time into it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone tried this one?

It might have been me that posted it. I haven't played it since then, as Fogel noted it needed more content, but I enjoyed it. It all depends upon whether or not you like the Brotato format, as opposed to the VS format. Short rounds, fuck around with your backpack/weapons, then another short round, etc.

I was enjoying unlocking the different characters a lot, as it forced you to play differently. Like for instance, lifesteal was pretty OP when I first started, but if I wanted to unlock a different character I might have to purposely play without ever lifestealing a point that game, or killing my movement speed (usually a huge no-no in these games) and cranking up defense and passive healing, etc.

It also has a pretty large weapon unlock section, which can totally change your strategy too.

I recommend it if you are ok with short rounds and backpack minigame, but compared to other games it is on the slightly higher priced side even at 15% off.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well put four hours into Deep Rock today, fun time. Bunch of new guns, improved permanent bonus system, new biomes are nice. Still sometimes have the screen become completely unreadable when enough explody dudes go off.
The new classes are kind of interesting, 3 specs for each. Thought the turrets would suck, but you naturally stand still to mine, which is when you'd want them guarding your back anyway, so they've been working alright.

Digger class is funny, their starting gun shoots backwards because they want you to always be digging

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gunner fucking sucks, or at least his starting weapon does and have fun unlocking his next weapon while you're stuck using the minigun.