Runescape Nxt

Citz

Silver Squire
It's been there for 15 years so there are a lot of content, dungeons, quests, zones. Being an old game, it kept a lot of its old school mechanics from back then. The game is super grindy but there are so many things to do that it's easy to break down in smaller tasks. It's your typical old school mmo where you have to do the same action a million time to skill up.

The old quests are total trial-and-error-need-a-guide trash. You will see much better quality quests from the more recent ones. They usually are voice-acted and expand on lore.

Typical themepark combat. Actually, you can pretty much AFK the combat if you feel like it and the game will auto-select your skills as they come off cooldowns.

Oh yeah, and it's point-and-click movement.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The graphics look good but point and click sounds awful for a MMO.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Almost every skill has a use. Its f2p so give it a try!

And actually, crafting is the name of a certain skill. It makes leather-type armor and other things. You need to raise every skill up eventually to do certain quests. And the quests arent your typical collect 10 bear asses.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I never played Runescape either but kudos to them. I wish EQ would have take this approach or would even still. I may even fire this up just for the sake of supporting their cause. What server do people play on? I don't have a game on my Macbook right now and i'm about to start my usual traveling months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing it off and on. It's grindy, but there are some really good quests in the game. Like, top notch stuff. Also very populated, though the community is split between old school and RS3.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing it off and on. It's grindy, but there are some really good quests in the game. Like, top notch stuff. Also very populated, though the community is split between old school and RS3.
Surprising. Makes me that much more curious. Is the game just straight up quests, dungeons, raids.... old school MMO stuff or is the housing and tradeskilling worth tinkering?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
No real dungeons, I'd say their raids are called "Bossing". Questing unlocks some nice perks if you do certain ones (certain teleports, special magic, training areas, etc)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No real dungeons, I'd say their raids are called "Bossing". Questing unlocks some nice perks if you do certain ones (certain teleports, special magic, training areas, etc)
Need to pay the sub to enjoy the game or can you get by with the free stuff?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
IGN: Coleslaw89

For those that play, NXT is the current version of the game with the skillbar/better graphics.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dungeoneering is the worst skill ever. I'm currently at 40 and need to get it 75 to do Plagues End so I can enter elf city.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some dude tried to scam me! Traded 20 noted Torva boots (worth 300m) and said he wanted my drygore and bandos armor (worth 38m). I put them in trade he cancelled and when we redid the trade he put in Studded Leather boots. Be careful out there guys!