Ryan Lochte scandal megathread

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Y'all are acting like run of the mill extortion of (rich) foreign sports stars is completely out of the question. Run of the mill extortion in a third world country is something Leandarios should at least understand well. I mean come on dude.
I understand that if (ryan) would have said it here, once he was free of any prosecution. Like the Italian girl. Ryan didnt , he admitted that they had done damages, and he was arguing over semantics.

He was trying to tanooma the argument.

Ryan: (read in tanoomba'a voice) Well I didn't want to give money, and giving money was the only way to leave so it was a robbery sir".

Matt: What about the context of you breaking shit.

Ryan: It was a robbery.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I understand that if (ryan) would have said it here, once he was free of any prosecution. Like the Italian girl. Ryan didnt , he admitted that they had done damages, and he was arguing over semantics.

He was trying to tanooma the argument.

Ryan: (read in tanoomba'a voice) Well I didn't want to give money, and giving money was the only way to leave so it was a robbery sir".

Matt: What about the context of you breaking shit.

Ryan: It was a robbery.

He was never in danger of prosecution, except by the media. And he's not safe from that here. It's going along pretty well actually.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
He was never in danger of prosecution, except by the media. And he's not safe from that here. It's going along pretty well actually.

So, is he lying now? Because he went on national tv and did the worst job of defending himself that i ever seem.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious as to what Lendarios is failing to understand about 'if a man with a gun pointed at you demands money, it constitutes armed robbery'

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
A crime was committed against him (armed robbery) but Lochte in all his wisdom doesn't report that to the police or even to the US Olympic Committee, US Consulate, coaches, etc. He goes on TV to tell Matt Lauer first. And it's an embellished version at that. Tells you all you need to know.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brazil
A Federal law[11] allows any person to arrest a suspect criminal found in flagrante delicto or fleeing from the crime scene. The person has to, at his/her own judgment, have the physical power to keep the suspect detained, has to verbally explain what he/she is doing to the arrestee and has to call the police. Both have to wait for the arrival of the police. The person who makes a citizen's arrest has to sign the police forms as a witness and explain the facts. Typically it will lead to a time burden of at least two hours. If the facts cannot be verified the person who realizes the citizen's arrest might be sued by the arrestee.

No, it's armed robbery.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay dude. For the sake of argument lets assume the damage to the bathroom was done (those pictures say that didn't happen).

Its reasonable for the security present to assess the damages on the spot and pull a gun on you to extract payment for those damages?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So if go and I rape someone, and then a who witnessed the act, holds me at gun point, and then whisper, that he will let me go for $50.00, am I been robbed?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lets not equate rape to petty vandalism now. But I guess they are pretty much the same crime though right? Shrug.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So if go and I rape someone, and then a who witnessed the act, holds me at gun point, and then whisper, that he will let me go for $50.00, am I been robbed?

That might be the dumbest analogy *slash* question anyone has ever asked on this forum.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Okay dude. For the sake of argument lets assume the damage to the bathroom was done (those pictures say that didn't happen).

Its reasonable for the security present to assess the damages on the spot and pull a gun on you to extract payment for those damages?

The security must make any reasonable attempt to keep him there, even using his gun. The gun according to Ryan (was not pulled).

You guys know this is how shit is handled everywhere, even the USA, when you don't want the police involved. You are all acting like people don't hold other people, against their will until the police arrive.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
That might be the dumbest analogy *slash* question anyone has ever asked on this forum.
Im sure you had worse.

Answer the question.
Are you been robbed if you are held after damaging property, and then let go after paying for such damages?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you have no fucking clue what due process is? The ONLY thing someone making a citizen's arrest is allowed to do is detain someone until the police arrive. If you demand money from someone at gunpoint before you'll let them go, regardless of whether their crime was petty vandalism, rape, or murder, you are committing armed robbery.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The security must make any reasonable attempt to keep him there, even using his gun. The gun according to Ryan (was not pulled).

You guys know this is how shit is handled everywhere, even the USA, when you don't want the police involved. You are all acting like people don't hold other people, against their will until the police arrive.

The fuck dude? That's totally illegal. If you detain someone over petty vandalism with a firearm. You're fucked as you will have a hard time defending that action as you used a lethal weapon over very little.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well if we're being technical it isn't robbery. It's extortion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The witness, Fernando Deluz, says he got involved after one of the guards pulled a gun on the men.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The fuck dude? That's totally illegal. If you detain someone over petty vandalism with a firearm. You're fucked as you will have a hard time defending that action as you used a lethal weapon over very little.
Cad Cad , lawyer check, please reply to if it is illegal to held someone in a citizens arrest, over vandalism. If I answer him, he will not believe me.

It will be hard to explain in court that you shot them in the process on making the arrest. But using the gun to intimidate them in the process of making the citizens arrest, totes cool.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you even serious right now? I just posted the standards for a citizen's arrest in Brazil. You are allowed to detain someone, but you have to call the cops and wait for the cops to arrive. When you draw a gun on someone and demand money without ever calling the cops, you're committing armed robbery.