Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do we assume AIs would want to eliminate the most plentiful animal resource? They're more likely to appease us and then manipulate us into becoming dumb, mindless servants hooked on sexbots.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
AI will simply outcompete us and replace us at about everything. They won't wage war against men no more than your boss is waging war against you when they fire you because your post is redundant.

The crucial point will be when the Republican AI will ask why they should expend resources for keeping Homo Sapiens on the dole while it's obvious they're never going to work anyway...

Palum

what Suineg set it to
AI will simply outcompete us and replace us at about everything. They won't wage war against men no more than your boss is waging war against you when they fire you because your post is redundant.

The crucial point will be when the Republican AI will ask why they should expend resources for keeping Homo Sapiens on the dole while it's obvious they're never going to work anyway...

You joke but I think this is closer to the truth. I think it more likely AI simply transcends any concern for humans. Imagine ants in reverse. You crush an ant hill they don't register "human attack" they just perceive the destruction and begin rebuilding. Maybe we're fire ants and a few reach the leg and start biting, but besides the immediate stimuli they will be utterly ignored and swept aside. I'd be far more worried about rogue AI taking over utilities and needed resources versus building attack robots to kill all humans. Same effect in the end but the Skynet theory relies on some sort of dullard AI that is obsessed with humans not a real one.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I thought the videos on the page below are worth a quick look. I'm not sure how to embed them or I would have. They are videos taken as part of a study to understand how ladybug's fold / unfold their wings under the orange carapace covers. So there are some high speed shots. They have a bit of explanation within them as they are supporting material for their paper. Pretty amazing the kind of design we can still learn to master.

Investigation of hindwing folding in ladybird beetles by artificial elytron transplantation and microcomputed tomography

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
machine_learning_2x.png

xkcd: Machine Learning

iannis

Musty Nester
Isn't go like chess, in that you can map every possibility and raw force a win or at worst a draw? While impressive and useful, it's really just a skin on comparing two strings of numbers and making an assessment about which one is more easily permutated into a desired string. It's kind of a trick, like adding a fancy function to a graphing calculator. Or did they use a different method?

It's a game where perfect knowledge does exist.

Clone alphago and have it play with itself a few billion times. I doubt the end results would be interesting.