Shadowrun Returns

Loving SR:HK so far. I backed both games on KS. Playing the usual Ork Rifles / Decker.

- really like the new matrix
- upgrade paths for followers is awesome
- engine looks better and seems to have optimized as well (Unity 5 upgrades)

Given the consistent quality, if they put one of these out every year I'll back it no question. Wish they would do a Director's Cut of the first one.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loving SR:HK so far. I backed both games on KS. Playing the usual Ork Rifles / Decker.

- really like the new matrix
- upgrade paths for followers is awesome
- engine looks better and seems to have optimized as well (Unity 5 upgrades)

Given the consistent quality, if they put one of these out every year I'll back it no question. Wish they would do a Director's Cut of the first one.
They have proven they can put out a quality game. Now I just wish they would put out a full open-world BG style SR game. Something where you have full control over a main and up to 5 other characters in a sandbox world. Start in Seattle and just open it up. Find Johnsons and take jobs to earn cash and street cred while following a loose but progressive main story. Buy vehicles, apartments, nightclubs, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
They have proven they can put out a quality game. Now I just wish they would put out a full open-world BG style SR game. Something where you have full control over a main and up to 5 other characters in a sandbox world. Start in Seattle and just open it up. Find Johnsons and take jobs to earn cash and street cred while following a loose but progressive main story. Buy vehicles, apartments, nightclubs, etc.
^ agreed

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Got to talk with a bunch of the HBS dudes at Pax and they sound like they have some cool stuff coming down the pipe. There's a free update for HongKong coming that is some more story wrap-up and such for loose ends, and it'll apparently be a lot more "open" in the sense you aren't working for anyone and it's up to you to track down work, make connections etc.

Also they are making a Battletech game, so fapfapfap.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Hong Kong was a solid game, but the story narrative seemed to rely a bit too much on just rehashing elements that worked for dragonfall. old man having started something a long time ago with which he has grievances etc. also the text in the game could have used some editing to shorten it down.

Just finished it. Took 27 hours. Looking at my Steam profile it took 20 hours to finish X:Com an 20 hours to finish Skyrim (main storyline only), so that is a pretty decent amount of content.

My Dragonfall got upgraded to Director's cut, so it erased my time stats. ;(

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I got through most of Hong Kong but I didn't bother finishing it. I had some bugged missions and once I got past the "you can't go back" point in the main-mission my reservoir of fucks was nearly empty. I'll probably go back to finish eventually, but meh.

After 3 games, the things I hate really start standing out. Like, no true party and character editing/building and the on-rails game design. I tried Shadowrun: Unlimited to see if that would scratch my sandbox itch, but it really didn't (lots of bugs/repetition/issues).

Just finished it. Took 27 hours. Looking at my Steam profile it took 20 hours to finish X:Com an 20 hours to finish Skyrim (main storyline only), so that is a pretty decent amount of content.
I disagree that it's a decent amount of content, but that is probably because we play games differently and we can't sandbox or grind random missions with Shadowrun. I have 390 hours into Skyrim and I probably played X:Com 100-200 hours but for some reason it only shows 9 hours (may have played it offline a lot). I never bothered to finish either...with Skyrim I ran around looking for ALL THE THINGS and just generally wasted a huge amount of time, and with X:Com I literally did everything I could not to finish the game.

I mean, 20 hours to finish a game? I could probably do it but that thought makes my skin crawl (I finished Shadowrun Returns in 14 hours and I was super unhappy)

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Finished the Hong Kong follow-up campaign, overall still felt a bit "meh", not on the level of dragonfall in terms of characters, writing etc. basically a few extra quests and tying up some lose ends. most of the characters (NPCs etc) just seem annoying, aside from maybe Racter and Gaishu.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Collection is free on Epic store now. First game is decent. Two and three are great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I got these on a steam sale a while ago and they were better than expected.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Tried it again b/c it's free on Epic. Still clicking through massive text boxes and rarely in combat. /yawn

• 1Picard

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
A great little low budget series. Second game is the best, third is also pretty good, while the first is like any pilot: unpolished. Severely under-used setting and universe for RPGs.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A great little low budget series. Second game is the best, third is also pretty good, while the first is like any pilot: unpolished. Severely under-used setting and universe for RPGs.

Naaaaniiiiiiiii?

The matrix changes alone push Hong Kong past Dragonfall.

• 1Like