Shadowrun Returns

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Basically shamans and the class that can summon toy cars and planes are shit right? At least my shaman was pretty garbage and just a haste bot until I rerolled melee.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Min/maxing for rifles is so OP. All you need is a decker and dps and the game is easy mode.

I agree about the linearity. Multiple hub areas could have solved that, i.e.: modular content for expansions/UGC.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The games are nice and all, but the linearity kills it for me, they could cut the combat altogether and turn into an adventure game. If there was more variety in the encounters, then why not, but my main character ended up slaughtering everyone on their own, the rest of the team were just decoys.
There are some community-made modules out there that are anything but linear. If you have not looked into all the diffrent things the community have created for these games you have missed a big part of what makes them great in my opinion.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Playing the Shadowrun Unlimited mod ATM. The writing is utter garbage but so far the gameplay seems okay. I really liked the Dragonfall campaign, even if it was linear.

As far as Shamans go, they become amazing once you get Earth fetishes that can cast the Cover spell. If you get that buff on your allies, for three turns they'll have medium cover no matter where they are. Opens up lots of tactical options, and makes grenadiers much less of a headache.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Here's something I never actually saw back in 1990... probably a good thing since I would have not played the game if I had.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was truly awful, and I love everything there is about Shadowrun. The decking part wasn't bad for 25 years ago, but good god the live action parts were terrible. Can't even imagine what kind of shoestring budget they did that footage on.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It was apparently sent to game stores as part of a promotional package along with the glossy preview adventure (which I did get) and posters. It was also apparently playing in a loop at the FASA booth at GenCon that year.

I'll be honest, it took me a few attempts to make it through that without turning it off.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So, I bought Dragonfall when it was on sale last weekend. It's actually pretty good.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Small bump to remind anyone who's interested that Hong Kong comes out in less than two weeks (the 20th).

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Small bump to remind anyone who's interested that Hong Kong comes out in less than two weeks (the 20th).
Public service announcement that SR: Hong Kong is now out. Even if you were a backer you might not have received notice- I was and I didn't. Downloaded it and created a character last night. Looking forward to playing today after work.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game still won't lock the mouse to the main monitor, raaaaaaaage. Otherwise seems great.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I loved Dragonfall, but I didn't back Hong Kong because Dragonfall had some major gamebreaking bugs (like during Apex Rising) that HBS never fixed. I'm going to wait for reviews and watch their Steam forum for bug reports. If everything looks good, I'll buy it.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Just had the first taste of the new improved Matrix and damn, they stepped up the game there.

Noahx

N00b
Any classes specialization seemingly needed? I saw the primary characters included a decker and rigger... Usually I roll a toon that does both. Was going to try an Adept this time around but have a hard time passing up the awesomeness of matrix fun/social specializations.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
A pretty good effort so far, and they definitely made decking more interesting. In some ways the story does feel a bit more rail-roaded than dragonfall, at least so far in the beginning. otherwise, solid. never had any problems with bugs in these games.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying Hong Kong.

I'd say its their best effort thus far.
Same here. Everything about it is just better, and I really loved Dragonfall. They've really stepped it up on the little touches, like ambient conversations and sounds in areas (above and beyond the improvements/changes that you'll notice right off the bat).

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the dialogue options at first until some of them turned into novellas. Everything else is far better than previous versions.