Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah, big hair, big bush. i'm from the 80s.
R.jpeg-13.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Absolute mastery of the English language. You wrote that as if you were taking notes for school. Don't worry, there won't be a test on Chukzombi Chukzombi .
I wrote that at 5:14am whilst taking my morning shit. Apologies that my literal shit post was a literal shit post.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I almost watched this but then I rewatched Ip Man instead. I feel like I made the right call.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
didn't feel even remotely like an mcu movie. sidekick was complete garbage. she's tied with the girl from thor for worst sidekick in any marvel movie. she was just awful in every way

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
didn't feel even remotely like an mcu movie. sidekick was complete garbage. she's tied with the girl from thor for worst sidekick in any marvel movie. she was just awful in every way

If you are in the mood for the Chingy Chang there are much better ways to waste 2 hours.

Fist of Legend
Ip Man
Drunken Master
Memoirs of a Geisha
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Bloodshot
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
Ong Bak
TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze with Vanilla Ice
Enter the Dragon
Kung Fu Hustle
The Last Dragon

Any and all of the above would be time better spent.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This would have been pretty good if it wasn't for the annoying chick and the dragon fight at the end. Plus it was about 20 minutes too long.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
awkwafina being a archer savant is retarded.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you are in the mood for the Chingy Chang there are much better ways to waste 2 hours.

Fist of Legend
Ip Man
Drunken Master
Memoirs of a Geisha
Bloodshot
Ong Bak
Enter the Dragon
Kung Fu Hustle
The Last Dragon

No Shaolin Soccer or Police Story?

jack black wtf GIF

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente

Fist of Legend
Ip Man
Drunken Master
Memoirs of a Geisha
Bloodshot
Ong Bak
Enter the Dragon
Kung Fu Hustle
The Last Dragon

Plenty of those aren't great either and there's a million other Kung Fu movies of various levels of quality. Not saying this movie was great, just that it was a reasonable Kung Fu movie with some ties to the MCU. I totally get it if people don't care for the genre, but it's not like they ever pretended this was going to be something else.

• 2Like

nu_11

Plenty of those aren't great either and there's a million other Kung Fu movies of various levels of quality. Not saying this movie was great, just that it was a reasonable Kung Fu movie with some ties to the MCU. I totally get it if people don't care for the genre, but it's not like they ever pretended this was going to be something else.
I like Wong Kar Wai's work. Tony Leung is commonly the star of his films. I also liked his 2013 Wuxia film, Grandmaster. It's not the genre that I have a problem with.

Shang Chi was just shit.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Just watched it on Disney+; Should have watched the IMAX version. Movie is....Ok-ish? Good-adjacent? I didn't mind it but had some weird story beats; not Chinese kung fu weird, just oddly timed, weird narrative beats that threw off the pacing. The story also had some logic gaps that bothered me at the end. Awkardfina was mostly terrible and I generally resented her time on screen; how did they find a strangely dumpy Chinese girl to be the side kick? Simu Li was good, as the actors that played his sister and Tony Leung is always gold. They wasted the Mask Character and other than the cameos didn't have much lift. Movie was so average Trevor Slatery and Morris made it noticeably better.

For an origin story it was better than Thor and on par/slightly worse than Captain America. Phase 4 isn't turning out so great since they decided to completely start over again with these characters and Woke. I mean, we all saw how they did with what they called 2nd tier heroes but really were 1st tier outside of the general consciousness. We'll see how Shang Chi, etc. due and as always, it will depend on the stories.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just watched it on Disney+; Should have watched the IMAX version. Movie is....Ok-ish? Good-adjacent? I didn't mind it but had some weird story beats; not Chinese kung fu weird, just oddly timed, weird narrative beats that threw off the pacing. The story also had some logic gaps that bothered me at the end. Awkardfina was mostly terrible and I generally resented her time on screen; how did they find a strangely dumpy Chinese girl to be the side kick? Simu Li was good, as the actors that played his sister and Tony Leung is always gold. They wasted the Mask Character and other than the cameos didn't have much lift. Movie was so average Trevor Slatery and Morris made it noticeably better.

For an origin story it was better than Thor and on par/slightly worse than Captain America. Phase 4 isn't turning out so great since they decided to completely start over again with these characters and Woke. I mean, we all saw how they did with what they called 2nd tier heroes but really were 1st tier outside of the general consciousness. We'll see how Shang Chi, etc. due and as always, it will depend on the stories.
What is the weed strain you smoke and where can I get some?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was good for a free movie. Would have been more upset if I would have spent money in a theater for it. Glad I waited...

• 2Solidarity