Should you tip the waitress and how much thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I stay home and cook five nights a week. When the weekend's here I want to get some high quality grub from some places where I don't have to think or clean up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You're the one escalating this shit into extremes. I never said the world will end, just that people who don't tip are tightwads and shouldn't try to pass it off as some moral high ground.
You're the one claiming that anyone who disagrees with tippingmustbe someone who doesn't tip. When is a tip not a tip? When it's expected! I'm not going to avoid all restaurants forever because they have a retarded system. That said, if I have to eat out I will generally go to places that serve food without the table service.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're the one claiming that anyone who disagrees with tippingmustbe someone who doesn't tip. When is a tip not a tip? When it's expected! I'm not going to avoid all restaurants forever because they have a retarded system. That said, if I have to eat out I will generally go to places that serve food without the table service.
I admitted there can be a separation. You said you tip so whatever. If you don't tip you are a miserable cheap bastard and you shouldn't rationalize it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I admitted there can be a separation. You said you tip so whatever. If you don't tip you are a miserable cheap bastard and you shouldn't rationalize it.
Who in this thread says they don't tip? Please point them out. You guys keep talking about them over and over and over again. So who are they?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I don't tip. Where I come from wait staff are paid a decent wage. Supposedly we get worse service as a result but having traveled in countries which do have a tipping culture I just don't see it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't tip. Where I come from wait staff are paid a decent wage. Supposedly we get worse service as a result but having traveled in countries which do have a tipping culture I just don't see it.
Do you have a recognizable accent that identifies you as a traveller from a non-tipping country?

When I was a server, for example, any German table I got was always lowest priority. They just don't tip, no matter what you do. Same is true for a lot of cultures around the world.

Racial profiling is part of the game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, so I'll stay home and cook.
If your money is that tight, why exactly should you be eating out in the first place?

Why do you eat out anyways? How often do any of you eat out because your special occasion is "not in the mood to cook"?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If your money is that tight, why exactly should you be eating out in the first place?

Why do you eat out anyways? How often do any of you eat out because your special occasion is "not in the mood to cook"?
The current stats indicate that Americans eat between 4-6 meal periods per week that they haven't prepared themselves.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you have a recognizable accent that identifies you as a traveller from a non-tipping country?

When I was a server, for example, any German table I got was always lowest priority. They just don't tip, no matter what you do. Same is true for a lot of cultures around the world.

Racial profiling is part of the game.
Thanks for proving yet again why tipping is such a horrible idea!

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sheeeiit, I'm never in the mood to cook, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to eat at home. Just doesn't taste as good, since I'm not a chef.

I usually tip around 15%, sometimes less. I never tip if I'm picking food up to go.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Because if they were paid with a normal salary then all customers would get similar service instead of being profiled and receiving different quality of service pending of their ethnicity or nationality.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Because if they were paid with a normal salary then all customers would get similar service instead of being profiled and receiving different quality of service pending of their ethnicity or nationality.
If its and buts were candies and nuts something something

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_70255.jpg

"$8.50 and that don't count my tip"
I said, "Don't drink and drive -
GIMME MY CHANGE before I bust ya lip!"

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
If its and buts were candies and nuts something something
Yeah well, that's how things are where waiters work for regular wages instead of tips. It's not like I'm making this wild fantasy of ifs and buts out of thin air.

You seriously need to travel a little.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I couldn't imagine working a sales job that just paid me a higher salary and not commissions. That would suck.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
What is it, you still deny there's restaurants out there where people work for no tip? Or do you somehow believe the service in such places is utterly horrendous across the board?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
What is it, you still deny there's restaurants out there where people work for no tip? Or do you somehow believe the service in such places is utterly horrendous across the board?
Where have I said, or even implied, what you are asking me here?