Should you tip the waitress and how much thread

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I was merely trying to interpret that gif you chose to post instead to type words like a normal human being attempting to take part of a conversation on a message board.

Apparently you're still fucking mystified that some people can do good work without the carrot of a tip.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I was merely trying to interpret that gif you chose to post instead to type words like a normal human being attempting to take part of a conversation on a message board.

Apparently you're still fucking mystified that some people can do good work without the carrot of a tip.
Oh, let me help you interpret that gif.

That was me sarcastically dipping out of any conversation with you. Why? Because the implication that servers (or any customer service agent, really) around the fucking globe don't make racial/cultural judgements of their potential clients is absolutely ridiculous. Asserting that eliminating tipping would combat this problem doubles down on the lunacy. It's so ridiculous in fact, that I had very little motivation to write a post in rebuttal. Then, without knowing anything about me, you tell me I need to 'travel more' like some snotty 20-something co-ed with wanderlust (CANCUN 2013 CHICKAS!!!).

Judging by the quality of your arguments in general, and the way you conduct yourself while participating in one, what you are hearing from me now is what numerous people in your life probably want to tell you, but don't. Most people like you go through life thinking they are smarter than they are, all the while being blissfully ignorant of their numerous intellectual faceplants. Most people are just too nice for that. I on the other hand, have no patience today to deal with your type. Also, internet. I have no desire to craft a response for you, where I'd have to handhold you through your multiple nonsensical arguments. It probably wouldn't matter anyway.

In short, go fuck yourself.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
People still will be shitty to ethnicity or nationalities they don't like. Obviously this wouldn't change.

However, as you pointed out yourself, profiling tables based on nationality is part of the game when it comes to maximize time spent on potentially bigger tippers. The current system provide a monetary incentive to profile customers. Moving to a no tip system where wage is based on overall performance would alleviate this to a point.

You've been tip toeing around the fact there's restaurants where no tip is expected. If you're going to keep putting your hands on your ears and yell lalalala whenever someone brings it up, then yeah, you can expect to get platitudes sent your way because the conversation can't go far when one party refuse acknowledge there's a different way to handle things and it's actually been done before.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
The best service I've ever had was in Cancun. And when you get there they clearly tell you: "Please do not tip the waiters, cooks, servers, bartenders, etc."

The only people they tell you should be tipped are the people handling your bags or cleaning your room.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Yes, that's exactly my point, thank you. You pay one price and they are 'suppose' to divide up everything. It could be the same way when you walk into a restaurant.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, all restaurants should be just like an all inclusive resort. In fact there's some that are very much like that which are probably right up your alley. The buffet at shit like Bonanza or Golden Corral. I'm sure the wait staff in those places are plenty used to being stiffed as well, so you'll fit right in.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if hot waitress isreallyinterested in how my meal is, or if she's flirting with me...

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Take a tip from me and just tip 15% regardless of the service. It makes you feel shitty sometimes but you have to tip the balance away from the people who tip based on appearance. Having talked to my friends in the service industry, the shit that's being discussed here re: profiling is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Right, all restaurants should be just like an all inclusive resort. In fact there's some that are very much like that which are probably right up your alley. The buffet at shit like Bonanza or Golden Corral. I'm sure the wait staff in those places are plenty used to being stiffed as well, so you'll fit right in.
Is there a reason you're being an asshole? I never said I don't tip when I go out.

Here's a tip for you: Go blow a goat.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
speaking of tipping.. I have some guys waterproofing my basement. They work for an established company. I'm assuming they make a decent wage, that's not something you guys would tip on?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zxz45kv.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
speaking of tipping.. I have some guys waterproofing my basement. They work for an established company. I'm assuming they make a decent wage, that's not something you guys would tip on?
That's a contracted job, why would you tip on that?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Because it feels good to help out those people with hard shitty jobs who's performance directly effects you. I wish I could deduct 15% to 20% on everything I purchase or service I recieve based on my satisfaction. Fuck you Comcast, no tip this month since I fucking Dc'd during a dungeon.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Because it feels good to help out those people with hard shitty jobs who's performance directly effects you. I wish I could deduct 15% to 20% on everything I purchase or service I recieve based on my satisfaction. Fuck you Comcast, no tip this month since I fucking Dc'd during a dungeon.
Oh I like this.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My question was rhetorical. I know why people tip the moving guys. I was simply trying to point out it is "contractual" just as much as having work done on your house is, so why isn't someone tipping them the same as the movers? Because it has nothing to do with "contractual," and mostly everything to do with "expectation."