Silicon Valley

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think you understand what the phrase "jump the shark" means.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So 2 episodes ago I say this show jumped the shark and everyone freaks out and then starts rallying around saying silly shit like this is the funniest show on TV still.

One episode ago a couple other folks are willing to admit that maybe just maybe the show has lost a step.

Now news is that the only really funny guy on the show anymore won't be there next season.

So are you guys ready to leave your state of denial and say that the future of this show is not looking promising? This season is turning out to be the season where the show jumped the shark and next season with no Bachman will be the season where cousin Oliver came to visit the Brady Bunch. I'll wait here quietly for all your apologies.
I didn't put in my two cents to your comments before, but my criticism of the show has nothing to do with "jumping the shark."

It's got everything to do with circular writing. And honestly, it's still funny. But without Bachman, I don't feel like the rest of the characters can carry the show. That's got absolutely nothing to do with what you're talking about. It's like if Seinfeld lost Kramer. Would it still be Seinfeld without him? Nope.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Each season seems to get a little worse. Honestly feels like I've seen the same plot 4 times now. Losing Bachman in Season 5 seems like the nail in the coffin imo.

iannis

Musty Nester
Show can't survive without Erlich. He's consistiently the best part. Sometimes he's the only good part.

It's ensemble. All of them are fine in small doses. Except Erlich. He can carry an entire episode by himself.

The others just can't. MAYBE Gilfoyle could. But he's one of those characters that you're not supposed to look at directly. He's supposed to be the guy in the background doing something completely fucked up while the action is taking place in the foreground.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
eh, i'd only stop watching if jared left. or if the show really started sucking. erlich is funny but i think the show can work just fine without him, as long as they mix up the situation and move out of his fucking house.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Erlich adds the most comedy and the least plot to every episode, so that's a mixed bag.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's not as funny as Season 1 but I still love it, fuck you haters.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
that whole corporate thing was so unbelievable. not the part where a company is going to let its corporate data to be stored on millions of random users cell phones, but the part where a random chick has sex with richard

good to see "i see dead people" still getting work

cU4jQd1.jpg

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
He's been in a shit ton of stuff, he's just always a supporting character. He was on Sunny, in the Entourage movie, the Spoils of Babylon series.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
TBH fam this show is beginning to feel like Entourage where EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR THE GANG YEH! bleh :oops: Jared is basically the same faggot he played in the Office - aka beta male. Can't stand him.

stern cringe

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
TBH fam this show is beginning to feel like Entourage where EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR THE GANG YEH! bleh :oops: Jared is basically the same faggot he played in the Office - aka beta male. Can't stand him.

stern cringe

beta males don't fuck like jared. He gets more ass then the whole house combined.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
But nothing really ever works out for them, unless you count avoiding jail. So far they're back to square one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

stern cringe

I will never watch the abomination that is the US Office, but he played a similar character in the "In the Thick of It" (UK Veep predecessor) Movie

Khane

Got something right about marriage

stern cringe

This might be the most wrong post made here so far.

• 1Solidarity