Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I use the google hangouts. I have too many relatives and shit on Facebook that I try to avoid talking to.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It also has video/voice chat, group support, a Venmo like money sending feature, games to compete for highscore, gif support. It's pretty ridiculous how much it has.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did FB learn to code? Their apps used to rape your battery by keeping your phone awake all the time.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Textra is what I use as a replacement SMS app. It's pretty awesome.

• 1Like

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I use Hangouts. I didn't realize FB Messenger even did SMS. I tried Textra, but didn't think it did enough to warrant replacing Hangouts.

I am loathe to rely too heavily on FB due to efficiency concerns like Deathwing mentioned.

I hate that Google has 5 messenger apps at this point. Perhaps switching to FB Messenger will help teach them to unify their solutions.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I use Hangouts as well. Most of my firends and family either use SMS or Hangouts messages and I don't use Facebook.

I hate that Google has 5 messenger apps at this point. Perhaps switching to FB Messenger will help teach them to unify their solutions.

Messaging for Google is a complete mess. My understanding is that Hangouts is to be more for businesses and Allo and Duo and for everyone else. Having Allo tied to a phone number but unable to do SMS is idiotic, plus it needs a desktop client.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Textra won't work on our Nexus 6ps on Fi for MMS no matter what I try. Google's messenger app does everything but my main issue is no dark color schemes.

I was gonna do hangouts but it was messed up.

Crone

I ditched FB a while ago on my phone and I load it up maybe once a month on PC. It's great! So to hell with going back and using their Messaging app. Textra is perfect since I'm on Verizon.

Textra + Swiftkey keyboard is the perfect texting solution!

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Google rolled out an update to google voice too and are adding more features to it. I wish they would stick to one app.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No Whatsapp love? I have used it for 6+ years now. It's amazing for creating chat groups and you can basically text, phone, video anywhere in the world. I have family across the globe and I created a "Family" group. We can all keep up and post pics / whatever in the group at our leisure. It's pretty amazing. Lots of the other platforms have since started to mimic Whatsapp features. (FB bought it years back)

It broke 1 billion users last year, beating FB messenger to that milestone.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I wish the Galaxy S8 was out already, I've broken 3 S7 Edge phones so far even with my UAG case. Can't wait to get away from this phone haha.

Crone

I wish the Galaxy S8 was out already, I've broken 3 S7 Edge phones so far even with my UAG case. Can't wait to get away from this phone haha.
You've broken 3 and you think it'll be better with the S8? How so?

Crone

No Whatsapp love? I have used it for 6+ years now. It's amazing for creating chat groups and you can basically text, phone, video anywhere in the world. I have family across the globe and I created a "Family" group. We can all keep up and post pics / whatever in the group at our leisure. It's pretty amazing. Lots of the other platforms have since started to mimic Whatsapp features. (FB bought it years back)

It broke 1 billion users last year, beating FB messenger to that milestone.
Am I the only one that just has text groups with all of the family? My wife is 1 of 8 kids, and there are probably 6 or so different combinations of people that I have groups for that people just text, send pics, and send videos.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got quite a few groups. My group of Dive / Drinking pals, desert 4x4 group, camping group, etc are probably the most active.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
You've broken 3 and you think it'll be better with the S8? How so?

Some of the rumors are saying the S8 screen will be more durable, but you're probably right. Mainly I'm just sick of forking out $200 for my Asurion deductible on S7s.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee

Have you tried not treating your phones like shit? Fuck you have to be doing something aweful to break 3 screens.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never once owned ANY type of case. Never once broke any phone in any way.

Learn to adult !

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users