Smartphones

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Google is pretty awesome. My 6P developed a known battery issue where it shuts down randomly between 15-30% life left.

The most recent time when I was on a long walk with my kids, which was a bit disconcerting to have it die at 30%.

I was out of warranty but they are sending me a refurbished replacement at no charge.

They definitely didn't have too, so kudos to them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Google is pretty awesome. My 6P developed a known battery issue where it shuts down randomly between 15-30% life left.

The most recent time when I was on a long walk with my kids, which was a bit disconcerting to have it die at 30%.

I was out of warranty but they are sending me a refurbished replacement at no charge.

They definitely didn't have too, so kudos to them.
I'm having the same battery issue with my 1st gen Moto E. Not always but more often and getting worse.
What is the issue and can it be fixed with a total phone factory reset?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Buy a phone ffs. Like, any phone. Used, new, whatever, will be better than trying to diagnose the battery issue on an ancient phone.

Siliconemelons

Current fact of life...

phones are made to last 1 year.. 2 at tops - after that once you see an issue its only going to get worse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
I'll let you know how my Moto E is doing next year. Another phone is out of the question at this time unless someone gives me one. Priorities will be more important than a phone issue. Thanks anyway.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's no way your main mode of communication can't be spared $50. I mean, not even that if you don't need many features.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
There's no way your main mode of communication can't be spared $50.
Currently taking care of my ailing mother and work is impossible as she needs 24/7 care. I can deal with the issue at hand, just wanting to remedy this with a quick reset if it helped is all I needed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Batteries degrade over time, they have a set amount of full charges and each charge lowers the maximum charge by X amount.

A factory reset usually fixes the battery reporting accurately though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
"A factory reset usually fixes the battery reporting accurately though."

The Bomb... Thanks Noodleface Noodleface . This will fix what I need, just so my 14% warning will work. Let you know how it goes.
I knew my vote wouldn't be wasted.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
my LG4 (less than a year ownership) is rebooting constantly in the early logo stage of booting up.

What the hell do I do.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Christ Google, get more Pixel phones in stock! I've been on their damn waiting list since Christmas, and nada. All of the 5" Pixels have been OOS for 2 months as well as all of the 128GB 5.5" Pixels

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
my LG4 (less than a year ownership) is rebooting constantly in the early logo stage of booting up.

What the hell do I do.

Known issue. There's some poor soldering in the G4. If you're still under warranty bring it in. Otherwise you'll have to get it repaired or attempt to reflow the solder yourself.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Known issue. There's some poor soldering in the G4. If you're still under warranty bring it in. Otherwise you'll have to get it repaired or attempt to reflow the solder yourself.
something to do with motherboard or chip so I read...

Fuck.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Christ Google, get more Pixel phones in stock! I've been on their damn waiting list since Christmas, and nada. All of the 5" Pixels have been OOS for 2 months as well as all of the 128GB 5.5" Pixels
Yea, this is silly. I'm not interested in this gen as my current phone is meeting my needs, but they're definitely fucking up by not being able to meet demand. Google needs to handle their manufacturing attempts much better if they want to compete with Apple in the higher end of the market.

Inque

FunEmployed

What the hell do I do.

We have seen this in my store all the damn time over the last year; Not a damn thing we can do except send out a replacement and hope for the best, provided it's under warranty. Otherwise, you're likely to start looking for a new device.