Smartwatches / Fitness Trackers

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My Microsoft band 2.0 is super comfortable, I hardly notice the rubbery texture as its smooth ... oh and it has a pretty sweet clasp. I have tried so many with flimsy buckle designs.

My colleague has had the strap break on two MS Band 2's. I bought his MS Band 1 from him and it broke within a few months, I was sat at my desk typing at the time. MS support is awful, just awful, refused to repair/replace even though the Band was still under 1 year warranty.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anyone using a smart scale?

I got the Garmin Index to go with my Garmin Vivosmart HR tracker but it doesn't seem to integrate with MyFitnessPal very well, somehow syncing with MFP overwrites your stored body fat, muscle mass and bone mass metrics meaning the only thing logged is weight.

I went back to the store and picked up the new Withings Body Cardio which should hopefully work better with MFP. Admittedly this means having my data spread across two software platforms but I'm going to test how well Withings, MFP and Garmin exchange data with eachother.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ugh. Pebble sells out to Fitbit. Good thing I didn't invest in a newer one.

Pebble - Pebble’s Next Step

Especially pissed off about this bullet item:
  • Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, they aren't selling any more, at all. I think it was part of the deal with Fitbit.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ugh. Pebble sells out to Fitbit. Good thing I didn't invest in a newer one.

Pebble - Pebble’s Next Step

Especially pissed off about this bullet item:
  • Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.

They didn't sell out, they got bailed out. Pebble was effectively bankrupt and fitbit bought them out for little more than what they owed. They must be feeling pretty silly for having turned down offers of 750 million from Citizen and 70 million from Intel.

Edit: They scummy bit is that they are not honoring any warranties. That's got to suck for anyone who bought a Pebble recently.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ouch. Well, either way, it sucks. Guess I need to find something to replace mine.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Best buy is having a huge sale on Apple Watches at the moment (shill warning: I work for Apple). My gen 1 stainless steel still runs great, and even with the discount we get I havent felt a need to upgrade.

Siliconemelons

Came to QQ about Pebble, I was wanting a 2 time/steel whatever the one that was suppose to come out in Jan.

How did they get so bad into the red on $$, all their Kickstarter were over funded- seemed popular and had a big community for apps/faces/etc.

So I suppose my Time Steel is going to be a collectors item...

I do like a e-ink and only having to charge this thing every week.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
so I went out for the first time in ages to Torture Garden, drunkest I've been this year but not totally wasted, like an hour in the club and I noticed that my tracker had fell off. Considering how often I train then I have no idea how it happened

My second hand MS Band 1 broke after 6 weeks, I had the Garmin Vivosmart HR for about six months.

Debating whether I really need one. My motivation is generally pretty good, it's just cool to have the data but not a must have

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Someone linked this thing a while back:Healbe GoBe: The Only Way to Automatically Measure Calorie Intake | Indiegogo

If that thing works, I will absolutely pick one up. The name is retarded though.

I was interested in this product back then but it sounded like a scam. Apparently the technology works but the hardware/software is extremely buggy.

Hopefully a bigger company can get something similar on to the market. A wrist based device that knows exactly how many calories you intake would be a game changer

Exclusive: We tested the world’s first automatic calorie counter, and it works!

Can't Sleep? Try One of These Relaxing Gadgets | Techwalla.com

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That is absolutely fascinating. I probably won't hop on the GoBe 2 as the reviews are a pretty mixed bag as far as bugs, but the actual calorie counting appears to work really well.

Definitely something to keep a close eye on

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That is absolutely fascinating. I probably won't hop on the GoBe 2 as the reviews are a pretty mixed bag as far as bugs, but the actual calorie counting appears to work really well.

Definitely something to keep a close eye on

If the tech can get a bit smaller and the hardware/software bugs worked out then I'd buy one instantly. Integration with other platforms eg Fitbit would also be ideal

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If the tech can get a bit smaller and the hardware/software bugs worked out then I'd buy one instantly. Integration with other platforms eg Fitbit would also be ideal
I fully expect Fitbit or some other big company to come snatch it up and improve it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I fully expect Fitbit or some other big company to come snatch it up and improve it
I expect FitBit stock to go down soon
Dabate claimed a masked intruder broke into their home on Dec. 23, 2015, tied him up and tortured him — then shot and killed his wife when she arrived, according to an arrest warrant.
Dabate had only “minor injuries” when police arrived at the scene. Connie was found dead in their basement, the warrant said.

More than a year after Connie’s death, police were able to track down a key piece of evidence: her Fitbit. According to data gathered from the device, Connie was moving around for nearly an hour after her husband said she was killed, according to court documents.
Friend Shares Shock After a Fitbit Allegedly Helps Implicate Conn. Man in His Wife’s Murder

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I was interested in this product back then but it sounded like a scam. Apparently the technology works but the hardware/software is extremely buggy.

Hopefully a bigger company can get something similar on to the market. A wrist based device that knows exactly how many calories you intake would be a game changer

Exclusive: We tested the world’s first automatic calorie counter, and it works!

Can't Sleep? Try One of These Relaxing Gadgets | Techwalla.com

I'd like some more data saying the tech works, first. I'm pretty skeptical. If it works, this thing is a no brainer.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm interested in the GoBe 2, for sure. I wonder if they'll actually make the improvements as suggested in that review (and no doubt others like it).