Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Szlia

League, Cup, European title is a neat combo. Let's take a minute to commiserate with Benfica that could have made this combo but lost both the league and the european title because of stoppage time goals (the final of the cup is sunday or something).

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
worst result... ever. And on top of it all that egomaniac Robben scored the winning goal.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
The Neymar fiasco is finally over! Barca confirmed on their official website that he is going to the Camp Nou for the next 5 seasons. Also apparently the 25-28 mil transfer fee was for 100% of the rights of Neymar.

Please don't be a flop, please don't be a flop...

The deal was reportedly worth 25 mil Euro (according to ESPN). This means that 25 or so million are left from this years transfer budget in addition to the money from possible sale of Villa/Valdes as well as a bit from last years budget. It would be nice for them to get around 25 or so combined from sales and for Barca to dip into next years budget. Having 50-60+ mil after the Neymar transfer would allow for Barca to get a good up and coming goalie (ter Stegen) as well as a top 5 center-back. As much as I don't want Dortmund to be poached apart so their is competition for Pep in the Bundesliga, I'd love for Barca to just splash the cash for Hummels and end our defensive woes. Thiago Silva's name keeps being brought in over and over again, but getting someone how is injured often, already in his prime, and the captain of his current team, seems like bad business. Plus PSG is rich so the entire remainder of the budget would go into 1 player. Apparently the board is able to get Hummels but Tito is unsure of buying him due to the fact that he is too similar to Pique (probably 2009-2011 Pique because the current one is shit). Another report released earlier in the week stated that if the board can't get Silva from PSG, Adriano will play as a makeshift center-back for 2013-14. If they actually do this, I see more 7-0 annihilation in Barca's future.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
European super cup with Bayern vs Chelsea and Pep vs Mourinho managing will be, lets say an interesting matchup.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Passenger you are wrong, 28m went to Santos and then another is 30m is going to agents, investors and an earlier pre-payment. So 60m euros for a player with 1 year left on his contract. Doesn't sound that good to me.

Edit: Falcao will be announced tomorrow as signing for Monaco and with Lewandowski now going to Bayern it sounds like just a bidding war for Cavani as the only real name striker left unless Suarez wants to leave.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
All the talk from LFC end is that Reina will be joining Barcelona.
This will rival the Ibra deal in terms of stupidity. Getting a goalie who apparently has been pretty lackluster the last season or so, who will turn 31 at the start of this upcoming season, and will most likely cost an arm and a leg coming from the EPL. Good business practices by the board!
If anyone other than ter Stegen is bought, it will be a huge mistake. He is young, as talented as Neuer, tall and commanding. He is known to command the defensive line and this is absolutely key when Puyol isn't around which lately is becoming more often. In addition I doubt he would go for more than 10-12 million which is perfect to secure an awesome goalie for the next decade. On top of all of that according to media/possibly a teammate of his, he has been taking Spanish lessons for the last few months.

Passenger you are wrong, 28m went to Santos and then another is 30m is going to agents, investors and an earlier pre-payment. So 60m euros for a player with 1 year left on his contract. Doesn't sound that good to me.
From what I read, I believe you are wrong. Way more reports are coming out that the 28 mil is for 100% of the rights and will be divided by the investors and Santos. In addition, last years 10 mil pre-contract payment goes directly into Neymar's pocket. I have seen the 28+10 numbers being thrown around but I haven't seen anything relating toward 50-60+ in regards to the deal. We will find out in about a month or so when the annual financial report is published. If the 38 mil Euro overall number is true, that is about market value. Even though he is on 1 year contract, he is still very young, the brightest talent in the world, and when players like Hazard and Lucas Moura go for 32-44 mil Euro, 38 isn't too bad. I am pretty sure the board could have held out and got him for even cheaper, but Barca need a solution to over-reliance on Messi now, not in 2014-15.

Szlia

League, Cup, European title is a neat combo. Let's take a minute to commiserate with Benfica that could have made this combo but lost both the league and the european title because of stoppage time goals (the final of the cup is sunday or something).
Self quote as Benfica did a little better in the cup against Victoria (yeah...)... they lead 1-0 until the 78th minutes and then suffered two goals in quick succession (78, 80) to lose the third of the three trophies they had in sight at the end of the season. Triple layer shit sandwich!

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
Falcao to Monaco for 60 million euros --- is nuts to me

Jose Mourinho to Return as Chelsea Manager: Four Year Contract Worth ?8.5m a Season -- we all knew this was happening

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Guillem is pretty accurate so I'd trust this over Barca's mouthpiece rag Marca.

Guillem Balague ?@GuillemBalague 11h
if figures r right, FCB will pay ?25m to Santos,but also 9 to agents,10 prepayment, 10 to third parties...with 1 year left in his contract!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
When there is a 10 year gap between him and a second possible goalie, it matters.
so a 31 year old Spanish international who knows the club/philosophy, the squad, the language, the City, the Country and who could play on for another 5-6 years at least should be disregarded for a 21 year old German.

you're an idiot.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so a 31 year old Spanish international who knows the club/philosophy, the squad, the language, the City, the Country and who could play on for another 5-6 years at least should be disregarded for a 21 year old German.

you're an idiot.
Both German youngster keepers ter Steegen and Leno are allready superior to 'greasefingers' Valdes. If Barca can grab any of em they should be fine between the posts for the coming decade.

PKS

N00b
Back in '05, United landed a 34 year old keeper. A guy who set the odd record or 2.. won a few things.. Sure it's not ideal since he retires at the end after 4-5 seasons and it'd have been brilliant to have landed him in 00-01 after big Pete but can't complain with the service he provided. At all. Reina could definitely do alright for you for some years.

Passenger_sl

shitlord

you're an idiot.
He is also playing no where near his 2009-2010 levels, you can still worship him and consider him to be a current top 10 goalie, I don't care. Liverpool would make sure Barca pay full price for him. If his 2010/2011 20 mil buyout clause hasn't dropped, he would be the worst possible buy for Barca when their main objective should still be a center-back. I get it that you are retarded and lack common sense. Thank you for reminding me that I needed to transfer over my ignore for you from the original FoH boards.

Back in '05, United landed a 34 year old keeper. Reina could definitely do alright for you for some years.
Not everyone can become the next van der Sar. Approximately 10 mil for a 21 year old who is near Neuer's levels and has a good chance to pass him is good business. Paying Liverpool when Reina is on the down, is not. The dream goalie for Barca would be Courtois, this year he was easily top 2 in La Liga and better than all of the big names. Chance of Chelsea giving him up? Slim and none.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I vaguely remember a debate on foh with passenger about Reina > Valdes and it seems the Barca board agree. Ossoi right again.

It's hilarious that Passenger goes on about the importance of players returning to the nou camp, e.g. cesc and alba, when it's some one he wants but completely disregards Reinas
la masia upbringing (and all the other factors I posted)

Also, look at how long it took De Gea to settle in England. Older keepers > younger keepers, it's a proven fact. I really don't think Barca can afford to give someone a year to settle, not if they want to challenge bayern next season.

So yeah put me on ignore passenger because you've been totally destroyed you cretin. Must be embarrassing being the world's biggest fanboy to a team that got humiliated rofl

Fazana_sl

shitlord
25 minutes to go in the ?120million pound game and still 0-0.

I just can't imagine how much pressure is on everyone involved in the game. Deloitte's came up with that number by estimating an increase of ?60m in income next season from tv/sponsorship etc and then another ?60m in parachute money even if they come straight back down again.

The numbers for that though aren't as bad as you'd expect!
A total of 17 of the 30 promoted sides in the last 10 years have stayed in the top flight for more than one season though, with four of the last 10 play-off winners surviving the next season.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
And Worzel is back in the bigtime, grats crazy Olly + Palace!

Kevin Phillips scoring the winner makes it even crazier, he's what, 50?* Oh that's a stat I hadn't seen earlier, this was his fourth playoff final having lost the previous three.

*slightly exaggerating but not by much.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lewandowski going to Bayern as well according to his agent whether it's this year or next. So if you're a big club like Madrid and you need a striker what's left? Llorente already seems past it and supposedly is going to Juve anyway. Chelsea, Tottenham and the like are going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel pretty quickly.