Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Szlia

They got him at 'no income tax'!

More seriously, it must have been a hell of a sale pitch. I guess they played the 'club of historical importance' card, the 'no sharing the position with anyone else' card and the 'we are building something new and grand, and the proof that our ambitions are not words without substance, we went after YOU with this big bag of money!' card. It certainly was needed to trump the 'Just back in Ligue 1, so no european competitions next season and no guarantee to qualify for the one after that' card.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
I am glad Valdes is going now vs. hanging around for another year even though Tito tried to convince him. His 10mil or so transfer fee will go to great use for another goalie or center-back. Coentrao seems like a massive loss for RM. His current price tag that is being thrown around (15 mil) is less than half what RM paid for him 2 seasons ago. Sad that he has fallen down so much considering he outplayed C.Ronaldo at the 2012 Euros.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
as an everton fan im ok with Martinez as manager hopefully he can do something with the 35+ million they get from selling Baines and Fellaini.
also they need to change the everton badge back the new one is awful

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty sure Kenwright has some plays that need to be produced, I wouldn't expect Martinez to see much of that money
smile.png

smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
His agent just confirmed this morning that they have had no contact from RM and they are not actively seeking to move, I think this has more to do with people thinking Suarez is too good for LFC and why would he stay if he could leave than anything else. As long as we get the same amount we received for Torres then while it's disappointing I don't think LFC can complain that much. If we sell him to RM then 35m + Jese would be great.

Edit: Also this Dave Whelan website is hilarious even if as a non-Brit I don't get probably half the stuff he's saying.http://www.whelansays.co.uk/askdave.php

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
ROFL at Suarez' statement. What a fucking twat.... said it from day one he was a horse faced twat and got lambasted by Pool supporters. Now they're burning his jersey in the streets. What an arrogant piece of shit.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just because Suarez's saga brings up your Gunner nightmares from the past and soon to be future (Wilshire leaving) doesn't mean we need to get all negative now. I'm pretty skeptical that there is anybody that will meet LFC's asking price which you figure has to be well north of 40m pounds that Luis would actually go to. The bigger question is whether he'll pull a Tevez and just sit at home when the season starts as he can leave all he wants but with no suitor it doesn't do much good.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how you can spin it any other way than negative. The guy is a piece of shit. If he was a real man, he'd have come out and approached it like a guy under contract. Instead, his statement reaks of "I'm a fucking pussy, feel sorry for me and the abuse I've taken and sell me please". 40m isn't a high valuation, either. I'd say its accurate based on his ability and the dearth of world class strikers available.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not sure where I'm spinning anything. He wants to leave, it's not a surprise nor do I blame him aside from it being pretty shitty that he is using the Brit media as an excuse. Granted it sounds like they make the paparazzi over here sounds tame but then again he brought a lot of it on himself. He should just say he wants to leave because he needs Champs League football and that is that.

Personally while you can't replace his talent I do think you can create a better all around team for LFC if he goes, guess we'll see.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure where I'm spinning anything. He wants to leave, it's not a surprise nor do I blame him aside from it being pretty shitty that he is using the Brit media as an excuse. Granted it sounds like they make the paparazzi over here sounds tame but then again he brought a lot of it on himself. He should just say he wants to leave because he needs Champs League football and that is that.

Personally while you can't replace his talent I do think you can create a better all around team for LFC if he goes, guess we'll see.
We're way better with him gone.

Oh and Dirk fucking rules.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Mourinho confirmed as going back to CFC. Here's to hoping he brings his RM karma with him and they just fucking flounder next year, would love it.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Jesus Navas to ManC, hate this move as he'll actually give them some good width play assuming he actually is over his anxiety issues about being away from home. If not then that's a big fucking waste of money...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
To think he was in the running for the LFC job last year, and since he's won FA Cup, got Wigan relegated and is now Everton manager /boggle