Soccer 2021/2022

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It appears Belgian league is so god damn awful that they had to elect Nigerian player as player of the year

Also, French B-team beating Italy? Are you on drugs?

Like I said a few posts back, we don't have clubs with the finances to afford our own top players.

And yes, the french B team would beat Italy. They are similar in average age, the French selection has a market value of just over 1 billion, the Italian one is 750 million.

For context, that difference is more then the value of the entire Russian team.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You seem pretty mad. Sorry your country doesn't have people that can play soccer.

Or is it because your simping is being pointed out in that other thread? Maybe go for a walk.

Lol, I could care less about England, especially as they continue to kneel dirt blm

I haven't supported England since the early 00s

Besides, it's now or never for your golden generation to win something. Hazard has already peaked and the rest are ageing

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It appears Belgian league is so god damn awful that they had to elect Nigerian player as player of the year

Also, French B-team beating Italy? Are you on drugs?

Stop talking.

There are 3-4 big leagues in Europe, dictated by how much companies pay for tv rights. More tv revenue = more money to pay bigger transfer fees

Belgium is a tiny country, but as mentioned, thanks to clever youth development, currently have a very strong national team

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Besides, it's now or never for your golden generation to win something. Hazard has already peaked and the rest are ageing

People keep saying that but I don't know.

De Bruyne, Lukaku, Tielemans, Courtois, Thorgan Hazard, these could be fielded in 4 years and would still be a lot younger then CR is right now. Even Eden Hazard is "only" 30.

I think with the modern approach to training and health, players won't be written off as young as they used to be.

We have a few years left to find replacements, even if we have to play with players that are over their peak.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
People keep saying that but I don't know.

De Bruyne, Lukaku, Tielemans, Courtois, Thorgan Hazard, these could be fielded in 4 years and would still be a lot younger then CR is right now. Even Eden Hazard is "only" 30.

I think with the modern approach to training and health, players won't be written off as young as they used to be.

We have a few years left to find replacements, even if we have to play with players that are over their peak.

Hazard is clearly past his best and is renowned for arriving overweight to pre season.

He's the prime example of a Ronaldo level talent who didn't combine it with work ethic

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hazard is clearly past his best and is renowned for arriving overweight to pre season.

He's the prime example of a Ronaldo level talent who didn't combine it with work ethic

You'd have said the same about Lukaku after his PL passage. A player not performing at a single club doesn't mean he is past his prime.

Neither Real nor Hazard cared enough to make it work.

I don't think there has been a moment in his career where he was in physical top shape; he was pretty fat while at Chelsea also:

1623590435728.png

I'm ok with dad-bod soccer stars.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Neither Real nor Hazard cared enough to make it work.

Your excuses for your bias are getting pathetic.

It was meant to be his dream club, his dream move - Real are the biggest club in the world, if you don't care for your dream job enough to "make it work" then you didn't deserve the move in the first place.

And yes, I specifically said, he's struggled with his weight at various stages of his career. As you get older, then your talent is no longer enough to compensate for your physical shortcomings.

If your next reply is going to be more rose tinted glasses then We'll just stop this now.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Your excuses for your bias are getting pathetic.

It was meant to be his dream club, his dream move - Real are the biggest club in the world, if you don't care for your dream job enough to "make it work" then you didn't deserve the move in the first place.

And yes, I specifically said, he's struggled with his weight at various stages of his career. As you get older, then your talent is no longer enough to compensate for your physical shortcomings.

If your next reply is going to be more rose tinted glasses then We'll just stop this now.

Hazard doesn't have the mentality you think he does.

He doesn't give two shits about being ripped, or being the best or richest in the world.

After it became clear he wouldn't enjoy himself at Real, there was zero chance of him being good.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Hazard doesn't have the mentality you think he does.

He doesn't give two shits about being ripped, or being the best or richest in the world.

After it became clear he wouldn't enjoy himself at Real, there was zero chance of him being good.

Right, then you're agreeing with me.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Right, then you're agreeing with me.

I don't think it makes him a bad player though.

Hope he'll show some nice things during the EK, the team suits him.

They should promise him burgers afterwards.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
No love for the highest quality soccer tournament out there.

Euro Cup is off to a great start. We even had someone almost dying on the field. No a joke actually.

I'm rooting for anyone except England. France Spain Germany in that order.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Portugal are defending champs and will make it to semi final at least.

They handled France in 2016 and will do it again. Germany isnt the same dominant team it once was, Spain looks lost, and Belgium is losing to Denmark at the moment.

England is actually more of a threat to Portugal than any other side IMO.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Portugal are defending champs and will make it to semi final at least.

They handled France in 2016 and will do it again. Germany isnt the same dominant team it once was, Spain looks lost, and Belgium is losing to Denmark at the moment.

England is actually more of a threat to Portugal than any other side IMO.
That was an Mbape less France.

No one can match to MBape speed and it destroys defenses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Real Belgium showing up a little today?

We got dominated in the first half, the Danish managed to keep up high pressure along with winning fights over the ball.

As soon as KDB, fatty Hazard and Witsel entered the field it was over.

KDB was a bit shy when he came in, but it didn't last long until he was going full send. I think he'd rather get his face smashed again then lose.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Watched every game so far - I think the quality of play hasn't been that great, there's been a few good performances and games but It hurts when stadiums are half full, the atmosphere has suffered quite a bit. Things should heat up once we're out of the group phase I guess.

gak

<Gold Donor>
That russian grotesque 40 yard back pass getting intercepted was a thing of beauty.

n.gif

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Italy are a pleasant surprise for me, they've looked decent. Ukraine very disappointing, as is Portugal. Portugal in fact, has the worst Midfield I've ever seen for having alleged "stars". Fernandes in particular, Mr. "Player of the Season" at Manc has been horrendous.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
no man, i have Univision but it is paywall for my cable subscriber.

check your Spanish channels, if u have any,