Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well,
Even if he didn't fit, they would squeeze him and 5 other villains into a movie just because.

This is something I really don't get with Hollywood. This isn't a about Spiderman but just comic book movies in general. For whatever reason they feel jamming 3,4,5 villains into a movie is a good idea. It always feel like they wanna blow their load with so many and it makes each of them seem kind of worthless.

An example would be Spiderman 3 which pretty much everyone hated plus the acting was aids, but they threw in Green Goblin, Sandman, and Venom when just one would be enough and you could use the two hours to develop suspense and story.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
17352250_1278087172267190_4819312716433718489_n.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The Spiderman reboots have to stop. I think the public is officially spider fatigued. They Fantastic Four'd the webslinger.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Given the reaction to Tom Holland's limited depiction of the character in CW I'd say there is a significant enough chunk of the general audience that is down for at least one more go round to justify it. And enough comic book movie fans are certainly interested in seeing what a production not fully controlled by Sony will serve up.

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I for one am officially on the MCU Spiderman train. Everything about his appearance in Civil War was superb, and blows both predecessors out of the water (special attention to the atrocities perpetrated by Jean Ralphio. And Toby 2 was solid).

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Spiderman reboots have to stop. I think the public is officially spider fatigued. They Fantastic Four'd the webslinger.

This is going to make stupid amounts of money. This is MCU spidey.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

Looks like much more Iron Man in this than I thought there would be.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

I dunno. That trailer seemed kinda all over the place for an MCU movie.

Hopefully the third one will be a little more coherent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That trailer seems like a mega spoiler. There's a lot of detail packed in there AND there's elements of enough story beats to fill three acts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Whole movie's plot in there--and it looks okay/good, looks like a standard Marvel origin hero's journey. Will probably be about as good as the rest of the origin/first movies. Looks like instead of being about him getting his powers, it's about him becoming spider-man on his own, without help.

Royal

There's a lot of detail packed in there AND there's elements of enough story beats to fill three acts.

Yeah this is true. You can kinda piece together the very loose strokes of it. The immediate post-Civil War Spidey feelin' his oats with the new gear, sugar daddy Tony showing up to reel him in, Peter figuring out how to beat the tricked out opposition MacGyver style.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't worry they left out the big twist at the end where Tony Stark gets shot by a mugger and tells Peter that with great power comes great responsibility.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users