Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Brad2770

I think it's Sony just over selling their shit. The last couple of steamers are probably carrying over some residual fear that it may flop. Once they realize the power they have linked to the MCU, they will tone it back.

Here's hoping they don't fuck up Venom. And here's hoping they get some input from Marvel for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, that trailer was a bit too... over storied. It seems like they didn't even mix up the order to confuse people. The trailer itself certainly SEEMS they kept it in 100% order of the film, which is sloppy trailer making.

I'm not going to watch any additional trailers or read any more info on the movie. But I'm fully on board the hype train. Spider-Man was my favorite as a kid, and I'm really excited looking towards this movie. Can't wait.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hear he dies. Which is why they're doing "Venom" movie next. They want to keep Spider-Man's memory alive and well, even if the character isn't.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
http://io9.gizmodo.com/sony-is-weirdly-questioning-spider-mans-mcu-future-afte-1793742647

Well that's a bit of a weird thing to say before the movie is even out. A sequel is planned, but they are not sure Sony-Marvel will work together after that.

Sony has planned for a Spiderverse, with Venom, Black Cat and other Spiderman characters, it's distinct from the Homecoming universe which is part of the MCU, my guess is that they'll want Spiderman back into the Spiderverse at some point.

Hopefully this doesn't happen.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
At the end of the day it will all come down to money. When the time comes will they feel that the co-op with Marvel Studios is making them more money than they can make on their own. If so they'll probably renew the deal for 1 or 2 more movies. But executives of major companies tend to be a rather self-confident breed so I wouldn't expect it to continue after the sequel.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Sony should play both sides of the field. Keep Tom Holland with Marvel Studios and call it Earth 616 (even though it pulls more from the Ultimate Universe), then do other Spider-Man movies with Miles Morales as your lead with cameos from Holland. It might confuse a few people at first but Sony would have their own sandbox to poop in, err I mean play in. They'd have a new diverse cast to play with and make money with while getting the cash from Marvel for the rights to keep Holland in the MCU.

Fantasy land, I know...

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I dunno. You would think that Marvel would have protected itself more against something like this happening.

Malkav

French Madman
I dunno. You would think that Marvel would have protected itself more against something like this happening.

Maybe they thought Sony couldn't be retarded enough to just let go of the deal after the second movie.

• 1Solidarity

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I can't believe people are excited for this crap. Peter Parker acts exactly like a 20-something English dude with a bad American accent.

• 1Picard

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

This is just one aspect of the deal that has gained some recent attention. The only people who know all of the particulars are on the inside of the two companies in some shape or form so we don't know the full scope of how Marvel benefits from it other than having access to Spider-Man for some of their movies. Tom Holland is under contract for a total of 6 movies; 3 Spider-Man solo movies plus 3 additional "also appearances" (CW counted as one of those) so he could end up making 5 appearances under the current agreement as the MCU Spider-Man.

And remember the context in which Pascal's comments were made. She was talking about how rare this sort of arrangement between studios is and how long individuals inside of both companies had been working internally to convince the higher-ups to go for it. There was no way it was ever going to be a long-term agreement out of the gate. If Marvel had gone about this thing as if Sony didn't have a leg to stand on with the character it would have never gotten done.

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I may be reading too much into a trailer. But is that a black female love interest for spiderman?

Writing white male characters with black girlfriends is about as believable and demographically realistic as writing a white male character as transgender. Yes, TV Flash (and apparently MCU Spidey), I'm looking at you.

• 1Picard

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm a white guy and wish I tried a black chick before getting married. Hell, Latino also.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Honestly Sony is probably hoping that the couple movies in the MCU will erase bad memories of the last few spiderman shitshows just in time for them to rape the benefits with their solo movies.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a white guy and wish I tried a black chick before getting married. Hell, Latino also.

I don't speak Spanish so I might be way off on this but don't you mean you wished you had tried a Latina, not Latino?

Brad2770

I don't speak Spanish so I might be way off on this but don't you mean you wished you had tried a Latina, not Latino?

Don't deny the man his fetish.

dc4602e334e3015b24b4c246c1a36d20.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users