Split (2017)

elidib

Vyemm Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Split (2017)

Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Cast: James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy, Betty Buckley, Haley Lu Richardson, Jessica Sula, Brad William Henke, Sebastian Arcelus, Neal Huff, Kim Director, Lyne Renee, M. Night Shyamalan, Bruce Willis, Maria Breyman, Peter Patrikios, Roy James Wilson, Robert Bizik, Kerry Dutka, Izzie Coffey, Rosemary Howard, Jon Douglas Rainey, Junnie Lopez, Steven Dennis, Matthew Nadu, Barbara Edwards, Gary Ayash, Kash Goins, James Robinson Jr., Corinne Costa, John Mitchell, Andrea Havens, Shawn Gonzalez, Matthew Bowerman, Kelly Werkheiser, Aleksandra Svetlichnaya, Jalina Mercado, Michael J. Kraycik, Michelle Santiago, Michaela Bockarie, Colin Campbell, Jeff Buckner, Nakia Dillard, Vincent Riviezzo, John Jillard Sr., Julie Potter, Ukee Washington, Christopher Lee Philips

Release: 2017-01-19

Plot: Though Kevin has evidenced 23 personalities to his trusted psychiatrist, Dr. Fletcher, there remains one still submerged who is set to materialize and dominate all the others. Compelled to abduct three teenage girls led by the willful, observant Casey, Kevin reaches a war for survival among all of those contained within him—as well as everyone around him—as the walls between his compartments shatter apart.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You will leave the theatre with a strangely empty feeling, and wonder if the casting director for that shitty Sci-Fi channel Children of Dune ever gets any credit at all for finding one of the best young actors in a generation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You will leave the theatre with a strangely empty feeling, and wonder if the casting director for that shitty Sci-Fi channel Children of Dune ever gets any credit at all for finding one of the best young actors in a generation.
That series was still better than most movies made these days imo. Fantastic 4, BvS etc.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
True. But as far as being a Herbert novel? C'mon. Air lifting worms with a billion gallons of water... And yet I've watched it half a dozen times because we're nerds. It's what we do.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
It's kind of weird, but I'm rooting for Shamalama to start making okay movies again.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
My guess, the guy is some kind of monster(the dead deer and drawing of a monster) and absorbs the personalities of his victims. At some point could have a scene where the girl's dad personality comes up.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Could be interesting to see McAvoy play a bunch of crazy characters but then will inevitably go to shit when Shyamalan's twist reveals itself.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
He is actually the girls and this is all in his head? or one of the girls is the psycho and one of her split personalities has split personalities?

(trying to think of the most asinine theory)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Shyamalan for me is this.

The Sixth Sense: Bad movie, made great by a spectacular twist I personally never saw coming. I almost walked out in the middle because it was so bad.

Unbreakable: His best movie in my opinion, the twist was somewhat predictable though.

Signs and everything that followed: All shit. None of them have in my opinion even been passable.

He's just trying to hard to have these great twist endings that the rest of the movie suffers for it. I honestly believe he thinks of the ending first and works backward to fit the twist, and it just makes for boring movies. It's not like he has an interesting story to tell that has a great ending...the movie is just a setup for his twist, and it just sucks in my opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How does he keep getting money to make movies? I wish I had a weird name and was more foreign looking. I could be rich in Hollywood! Damn this beautiful Irish face!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey, you're black Irish too? High five!!

On Topic; his movies suck and he sucks. But, people like them ('Merica can be pretty stupid, we know this) so studios love him and give him tons of money.

Caliane

My guess, the guy is some kind of monster(the dead deer and drawing of a monster) and absorbs the personalities of his victims. At some point could have a scene where the girl's dad personality comes up.
was thinking ghost ala 6 souls. But I think you have it. "the thing"/slither/slime,etc. eats people absorbs their personalities, can manifest them.
Given religious themes of his work. probably a demon/unclean spirit. Legion.

And yes, my first thoughts with him as well are, "how does this guy keep getting money to make more movies?"

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know that I will end up hating myself afterward, but I will eventually watch this just for McAvoy. This is a perfect vehicle for an actor of his caliber to show off his talents, it is just a shame that it will end up most likely being yet another Shyamalan movie people laugh at instead of praising McAvoy.

Hopefully some of those young hotties get their clothes ripped off at least to distract me from the inevitable shit story.

I'm going with aliens myself as well. I feel (which is a bad thing to do when thinking about his movies after the first couple, I know) that if it were going to be supernatural/demonic in nature they would have tangentially played that up a bit more in the trailer so he could feel smart about giving you clues that you don't see. A priest, a bible, something. Although he's already done aliens and supernatural, so who fucking knows. Maybe he's a sentient swarm of nanobots that didn't get their AI quite right.

Wait, he's a plant!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database