Sports Entertainment

Djay

Trakanon Raider
You haven't explained anything. You've made a strawman, so there's been no point in giving you a real response because I wasn't talking about it from a marketing perspective. I can admit it was probably smart from a marketing perspective, but it was stupid from a story perspective. Mojo is horrible and pushing him is stupid.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You haven't explained anything. You've made a strawman, so there's been no point in giving you a real response because I wasn't talking about it from a marketing perspective. I can admit it was probably smart from a marketing perspective, but it was stupid from a story perspective. Mojo is horrible and pushing him is stupid.
Please go back to reddit

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Your stance of "this is stupid" has been noted however that doesn't mean it's valid. Here's why it's not "stupid"

They've been building MoJo for weeks, subtly and consistently. They've hinted at a rebranding for him and made a point to mention how tag team action was holding him back. He's athletic, he has a good look, he's strong and he's shown he is at least capable of learning how to talk on the mic slowly but surly.

Built properly they have an upper midcarder in him.

Built properly they have a guy who the fans already pop for, who is healthy and could be around for years to come.

You not liking him doesn't make any of that stupid nor does it change the fact that from a WWE perspective, they have something that can make them money and entertain at the same time.

It's this same mentality in people that get so butt hurt over Roman. Say how everyone hates him and doesn't deserve any push...when those same people refuse to realize he sells more merch than anyone in the roster.

The only thing stupid is purposful ignorance.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Please share how you would have booked the Battle Royal

Strowman, duh.

The Battleroyal, much like the Rumble was before the title shot for winning was introduced, is meant as a tool to push people the WWE has interest in getting out there.

This win does a lot more for MoJo than it would for Strowman or anyone else. Corbin is a good example of this.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Your stance of "this is stupid" has been noted however that doesn't mean it's valid. Here's why it's not "stupid"

They've been building MoJo for weeks, subtly and consistently. They've hinted at a rebranding for him and made a point to mention how tag team action was holding him back. He's athletic, he has a good look, he's strong and he's shown he is at least capable of learning how to talk on the mic slowly but surly.

Built properly they have an upper midcarder in him.

Built properly they have a guy who the fans already pop for, who is healthy and could be around for years to come.

You not liking him doesn't make any of that stupid nor does it change the fact that from a WWE perspective, they have something that can make them money and entertain at the same time.

The only thing stupid is purposful ignorance.

Ok, now we can have a discussion. Yes, ever since Ryder got hurt, they have been building him up, but that doesn't mean that was a good decision. I really think he would have been better served staying in NXT over the last year. I've not seen anything in his in-ring talent or mic skills to make me think this push is good for the company. Do fans really pop for him? I haven't seen or felt any real energy from the crowd when he is out there.

I think that the push from the win could have been better served on other guys. Strowman and Zayn could have run with it better, although Zayn probably doesn't need it. You're right that I don't like him or find him entertaining, but I don't see him as a money-maker even with the push. I guess time will tell.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Strowman, duh.

The Battleroyal, much like the Rumble was before the title shot for winning was introduced, is meant as a tool to push people the WWE has interest in getting out there.

This win does a lot more for MoJo than it would for Strowman or anyone else. Corbin is a good example of this.
Not to mention literally everyone was expecting Stroman to win so it would have been a complete bore. By having him eliminated early they actually got people interested in the match.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Please share how you would have booked the Battle Royal

I probably would have had a Final 4 of Big Show, Strowman, Zayn, and Bo Dallas.
I actually think Bo would have benefited the most from the push. I think he has a lot more upside that Mojo and would have been able to run with this type of opportunity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ok, now we can have a discussion. Yes, ever since Ryder got hurt, they have been building him up, but that doesn't mean that was a good decision. I really think he would have been better served staying in NXT over the last year. I've not seen anything in his in-ring talent or mic skills to make me think this push is good for the company. Do fans really pop for him? I haven't seen or felt any real energy from the crowd when he is out there.

I think that the push from the win could have been better served on other guys. Strowman and Zayn could have run with it better, although Zayn probably doesn't need it. You're right that I don't like him or find him entertaining, but I don't see him as a money-maker even with the push. I guess time will tell.
Hahaha, the 5'8 faggy Canadian Muslim is definitely who WWE should be putting their chips on. Maybe if Raw was shown on Al Jazeera.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
AJ vs Shane - surprisingly great match, didn't think Shane had it in him. 8.5/10

Jericho Owens - fine but predictable and slow and hard to get into after Styles Shane mtch. 6.5/10

Raw women - none of these women are hot enough to be on TV, waste of my time 0/10

Tag team ladder - Hardy's coming back was the moment of the night. Great match as well with some cool spots. 8/10

Cena Miz - some good moments but seemed like a waste of a great build up 5/10

Triple H Rollins - this feud dragged way too long and so did this match. like most HHH matches the pace was painfully slow. 4.5/10

Orton Bray - weird ass match. the worm shit was a big mistake. Not very entertaining or interesting. Bray's shtick is tired and done at this point. 4/10

Goldberg Lesnar - short and awesome with some amazing spots, exactly what it needed to be. Can't believe Lesnar jumped that fucking spear. The only match of the night where I fell for the false finish. Also only match to get a reaction from the crowd. 9/10

Smackdown women - Alexa Bliss is fucking smokeshow and the only woman on the roster who should ever touch a microphone. Still, this was awful and should have been preshow. 3/10.

Taker Reigns - old Man Taker wanted to go out like Logan but he went out more like old yeller. Taker stunk the joint up by being in terrible physical condition and botching his own signature moves badly. Did anyone notice he didn't even have his fucking leg around Romans neck in that triangle choke?The only redeeming factor was that it was so bad it was comical by the end. it was also amusing to see the neckbeard crowd have to battle the cognitive dissonance of booing Roman and cheering a guy who shows up once a year and can barely walk let alone wrestle. Roman deserved a better performance from Taker. 2/10

Agree with all of them cept I'd give the Orton match 2 because he seems so bored and beat should of went over.

That and the cena match we're my biggest problems.

Miz is the best heel in wrestling and Bray is always made to be a joke.

• 1Solidarity

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I felt it was a great 4 hour show spread over 7 hours with some shit mixed in. For me, the many highlights outweighed the lowlights. Personally, I feel the main event has been the weakest part of the show for a while, at least on RAW. When was the last time we had a main event like Rock vs Austin at X7? If they could build something like AJ vs Reigns or build up some other talent, it would be easier to get really excited over the content. I was excited to see Wrestlemania, but I wasn't particularly excited about any of the matches, so I am glad they delivered. I miss being a kid and worrying about Hulk beating Sgt Slaughter at WM7

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You might almost say he's the best in the world at what he does. Without actually being Jericho, of course.

• 1Solidarity