Sports Figures Who Break The Law

Szlia

I find it a bit unsettling that the reaction to 'my employee seem to have some troubles' is 'better fire him quick before he does something stupid' instead of 'let's see what seems to be the problem and if we can help him'.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cant name the fucking vice president but can name every starting QB for their favorite team for the past 10 decades. It really embodies everything that is wrong with America today.
^^^^^

I find it a bit unsettling that the reaction to 'my employee seem to have some troubles' is 'better fire him quick before he does something stupid' instead of 'let's see what seems to be the problem and if we can help him'.
Hi! I'd like to introduce you to the country known as America where money is god, and God is just a way to make money.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
same here, 75% of all professional Fu?ball players are not financially secured when they end their career.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remembered wrong, it was just 25% and the player union statement apparently didn't specifcy whether it was leagues 1 through X or just the first one.

That statement resulted in quite a few articles across all major papers, but little research was done on their part and apparently no one thought to ask.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I had a friend in college who had a coworker that had a guy forcefully take his bicycle out of his hands and try to ride away on it. The bicycle owner gave the guy a shove as he jumped on the bike, he rolled out into traffic, got hit by a car and killed. When he came into work that evening (catering job) they asked him what he did day and he said "I killed a guy" and his boss without waiting to hear another word just said "You're fired".

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a friend in college who had a coworker that had a guy forcefully take his bicycle out of his hands and try to ride away on it. The bicycle owner gave the guy a shove as he jumped on the bike, he rolled out into traffic, got hit by a car and killed. When he came into work that evening (catering job) they asked him what he did day and he said "I killed a guy" and his boss without waiting to hear another word just said "You're fired".
His boss was pretty stupid or had a death wish, then.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How can you serve food with blood on your hands Quineloe? How?!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Hah, I never thought of it that way but yeah, if he really thought he had a cold blooded killer on his hands he probably should have tried not to piss that guy off.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Did you see this yourself or hear it as a story?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You ever experience domestic violence first hand? The kind of people involved in dv are seriously fucked in the head and are not people you can just reason with and have a sit down talk and try and show them the light.

Example, I lived next to it for 3-4 months(even made a thread about it). One incident I called the cops and they show up and the lady who was getting beat on lies to the police saying nothing is wrong, even going as far as to try to lie to them saying her boyfriend isnt home. Another time I called the cops she blamed her neighbors(me) for simply harassing her.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I kind of have to agree with Big P here. That sort of shit is a pretty good indication that the person is a fucked up person, and quite honestly, as a small business owner it is not my responsibility to babysit or help people fix up their personal lives. It just isn't. I've got enough problems dealing with my own business, I can't act as a life or relationship counsellor for the handful of my employees that are fuck ups.

Mkopec_sl said:
If someone asked me a question like that I would of said, "I will let the courts decide his punishment, its none of my business. As far as I know he does his job well, he comes in on time and he never posed a problem at work. If I had to fire every single person which allegedly gets in trouble with the law at one point or another, I would not have any workers.
Yeah, if someone is "getting in trouble with the law" and it makes it's way back to me in one way or another, there's a pretty good chance that they are a gigantic fuck up. I mean seriously, how you do just stumble in to "alleged" problems with the law unless you're a fuck up?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, if someone is "getting in trouble with the law" and it makes it's way back to me in one way or another, there's a pretty good chance that they are a gigantic fuck up. I mean seriously, how you do just stumble in to "alleged" problems with the law unless you're a fuck up?
Take for an example an abusive wife, which fakes some bruises and claims youre the culprit behind it. Shit is not as cut and dry as watching a video of some dude punching his girl, bro.

So not only is his personal life fucking him in the ass, now his boss is about to take his turn.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Take for an example an abusive wife, which fakes some bruises and claims youre the culprit behind it. Shit is not as cut and dry as watching a video of some dude punching his girl, bro.

So not only is his personal life fucking him in the ass, now his boss is about to take his turn.
Then you know what? Youre a fucking moron for being with such a person who destroys your life like that. Come on, a person just doesnt wake up one morning and go "yup Im punching my gf/wife/whatever in the face today". There is a long series of incidents before the first punch is thrown. If youre too fucking stupid of a person gtfo before the first punch gets thrown, youre a god damn moron or fucked in the head.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Oh I guess she never intended to be a role model so it's OK then. I mean, not that DV charges wouldn't get you fired from most jobs or anything.
I was wondering that. I can't imagine accusations of DV getting you fired from any normal job. At least not legally. So what's the SJW opinion on where an accused but not convicted (or convicted and released from prison) woman beater should work? Are they supposed to just be on welfare forever? YEAH! Good idea, that'll teach them!

I find if pretty fucked up how your place of employment gets into your private business. For example my place of employment can fire me if I get a DUI. It says so in the handbook. How fucked up is that?
I dunno, maybe read it more carefully. Our handbook says that too, but it also says it only applies if your job requires you to drive for the company. We've already got one guy working here who is legally blind and catches a cab every day, so I'm sure I could figure it out if I suddenly lost driving privileges.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately it's not always that simple. Even if there are no particular issues (IE sensitive information, money, heavy machinery, whatever), having a non-threatening workplace is important. As an employer you can be equally liable if you should know but choose not to separate from someone with a recent display of violent tendencies if they were to turn around and attack someone in your office. Luckily, most of the time if someone is actually arrested for a violent crime, they probably aren't coming back to the office before you have to replace them so it isn't an issue. Other times, though, you have to rely on a pattern of behavior, behavior that might go unnoticed without more scrutiny stemming from rumors or statements made that aren't damning by themselves.

Example, I had an employee awhile back where someone told me they heard him throw his bag against the wall in the bathroom and then spout out some things. Then the supervisor noticed he'd get up from his desk and shove his chair hard into the desk sometimes, muttering under his breath. People started to notice some of his jokes were less funny and more unsettling. Finally he flipped a table over in the break room one day when upset and swore, kicking it.

Outside of listening to those tips, the table incident could have been played off as an accident or a bad day. Add it with all the other indicators and bam, there's someone who could have easily taken out his rage on a coworker and gotten us sued. Without identifying and documenting that behavior, all from a tip from outside of work, we would have basically had to believe his story and who knows? Probably nothing, but you never know with types like that.
And so ... you acted like a human being, called him into the office and let him know he needed to get help, right? Or did you do the chickenshit asshole thing and just fire him without telling him why?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You ever experience domestic violence first hand? The kind of people involved in dv are seriously fucked in the head and are not people you can just reason with and have a sit down talk and try and show them the light.

Example, I lived next to it for 3-4 months(even made a thread about it). One incident I called the cops and they show up and the lady who was getting beat on lies to the police saying nothing is wrong, even going as far as to try to lie to them saying her boyfriend isnt home. Another time I called the cops she blamed her neighbors(me) for simply harassing her.
Couple things.
First, what you describe is not even close to experiencing DV first hand, so go fuck yourself.

Second, calling the cops on your neighbors for being loud is not in the same universe as trying to reason with them. So go fuck yourself again.

Third, he wasn't even talking about exclusively about domestic violence, he was talking about the situation where an otherwise good employee is clearly having some sort of trouble at home and co workers are noticing it. In the story palum told, he never said or implied there was domestic violence. So, L2Read and then go fuck yourself.

Fourth, if reasoning with people involved in domestic violence is useless, why does domestic violence counseling work? I mean sure, there are some people who are just violent assholes, who get nothing out of it. But those people don't only beat their loved ones, they get into fights with everyone else too. For them, domestic violence is just another entry on the rap sheet. The counseling is still useful for helping the victims get out of the situation. So, go fuck yourself one more time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Where did he say anything about him "clearly" having problems at home? The problem with thinking you can rationalize with people who beat their wives/kids is they aren't rational when they're actually doing it. They're usually in a state of anger and acting impulsively

It's like telling a sober person how to act when they're drunk. Only you can quit drinking, you can't quit having things make you mad for the rest your life