Sports Figures Who Break The Law

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's like telling a sober person how to act when they're drunk.
I have absolutely no idea what this analogy means. Are you likening this to trying to explain to a teetotaler how to act appropriately after they've become intoxicated, because they've never experienced it and have no idea?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had a friend in college who had a coworker that had a guy forcefully take his bicycle out of his hands and try to ride away on it. The bicycle owner gave the guy a shove as he jumped on the bike, he rolled out into traffic, got hit by a car and killed. When he came into work that evening (catering job) they asked him what he did day and he said "I killed a guy" and his boss without waiting to hear another word just said "You're fired".
This story is missing so much context. This guy was likely 80% of the way to being fired already. Either due to previous action, layoffs or whatever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Couple things.
First, what you describe is not even close to experiencing DV first hand, so go fuck yourself.

Second, calling the cops on your neighbors for being loud is not in the same universe as trying to reason with them. So go fuck yourself again.

Third, he wasn't even talking about exclusively about domestic violence, he was talking about the situation where an otherwise good employee is clearly having some sort of trouble at home and co workers are noticing it. In the story palum told, he never said or implied there was domestic violence. So, L2Read and then go fuck yourself.

Fourth, if reasoning with people involved in domestic violence is useless, why does domestic violence counseling work? I mean sure, there are some people who are just violent assholes, who get nothing out of it. But those people don't only beat their loved ones, they get into fights with everyone else too. For them, domestic violence is just another entry on the rap sheet. The counseling is still useful for helping the victims get out of the situation. So, go fuck yourself one more time.
lol

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He was a server at a catering place. Those people get fired all the fucking time. And as I said, I don't think he actually got fired, that was just what the guy's reaction to the beginning of the story was, which I thought was pretty funny.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Where did he say anything about him "clearly" having problems at home?
Context clues. Of course, I am assuming that these outbursts were new, and that there wasn't any friction with a co worker. If it was with another employee, I think he'd have mentioned that. So what else is left other than problems at home? Think it might have been road rage?

The problem with thinking you can rationalize with people who beat their wives/kids is they aren't rational when they're actually doing it. They're usually in a state of anger and acting impulsively
When you go to anger management, you learn to control that anger before you get to that irrational state. Lots of people have that problem, especially in today's society where kids are molly coddled and protected from conflict. They don't know what to do when someone actually hurts them.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Cant +1 you. Rustles my jimmies how fucking apeshit people go over sports.

Cant name the fucking vice president but can name every starting QB for their favorite team for the past 10 decades. It really embodies everything that is wrong with America today.
To be fair, the starting QB of someone's favorite team is more likely than the Vice President is to have an impact on their life.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I have absolutely no idea what this analogy means. Are you likening this to trying to explain to a teetotaler how to act appropriately after they've become intoxicated, because they've never experienced it and have no idea?
Are you serious? Can't believe I have to explain this. A sober person can have every intention of making good decisions, but once they have a few drinks turn into a complete idiot. Sober intentions don't mean shit to someone who's drunk as shit.

When you go to anger management, you learn to control that anger before you get to that irrational state. Lots of people have that problem, especially in today's society where kids are molly coddled and protected from conflict. They don't know what to do when someone actually hurts them.
You usually go to anger management because a judge told you to. I do agree that preventing them from getting to that point would be far more successful. Telling an irrational person how to act just doesn't work

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I do believe the whole "I'd have beaten you even more, if we were in Russia" part though. That just makes sense.
Hey I heard you a prejudiced and bigoted piece of shit. You should fire yourself.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Hey I heard you a prejudiced and bigoted piece of shit. You should fire yourself.
Putin Allies Let Abuse Law Linger Despite Killings - Bloomberg

Russia is the only member of the Group of Eight nations where family violence or domestic sexual abuse isn't recognized as a separate crime. Former Soviet states including Moldova, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine have criminalized it. Even Saudi Arabia, where women can't drive or appear in public unveiled, made it a crime two months ago, punishable by as long as a year in prison and as much as a 50,000-riyal ($13,300) fine.

Women in Russia need such a law more than most, said Marina Pisklakova-Parker, head of the Moscow-based Anna Center for victims of domestic abuse.A popular proverb in the country of 142 million -- "He beats her means he loves her" -- underscores how widespread the conviction is that physical violence isn't necessarily anything to worry about in a marriage, and certainly shouldn't be the state's business.
Nice country you have there. But I mean, in a country of alcoholic rednecks, why would anyone be surprised that domestic violence is a serious problem?

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/asset...804/E88757.pdf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Are you serious? Can't believe I have to explain this. A sober person can have every intention of making good decisions, but once they have a few drinks turn into a complete idiot. Sober intentions don't mean shit to someone who's drunk as shit.
Well I found your wording confusing.