Spring 2017 Anime Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
never saw this thread, my apologies for posting thoughts in winter (well considering until 8 days ago spring conversation was in winter..)

ok watched alice- looks good
silver guardian (silver gravekeeper is the manga name) -was good
bastard at magic academy- was amusing-will keep watching
hero 2

got a few others to try out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the first episode of Boruto.

Boruto is really channeling their inner Naruto spirit. Literally, filler in the first fucking episode. I don't know why I expected different.

On a positive note, Berserk is out - started the season with a double episode, so that's nice.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Boruto is really channeling their inner Naruto spirit. Literally, filler in the first fucking episode. I don't know why I expected different.
Was it filler? I never watched the movie so I didn't have any expectations.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Was it filler? I never watched the movie so I didn't have any expectations.

The intro part, where it's future Boruto vs some future Kawaki with magical tattoos and shit wasn't - that was the very first page of the manga, but I don't remember anything about some sniveling little kid who's dad ran the train service, nor anything about Boruto saving them all from the whole train-suicide-murder plan thing.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The intro part, where it's future Boruto vs some future Kawaki with magical tattoos and shit wasn't - that was the very first page of the manga, but I don't remember anything about some sniveling little kid who's dad ran the train service, nor anything about Boruto saving them all from the whole train-suicide-murder plan thing.
this is like a 2 year back track too, it's actually pretty horrible.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love Tyrant ep.1 is hilarious, coming in from off the radar for me.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Love Tyrant ep.1 is hilarious, coming in from off the radar for me.

Yeah I went in completely blind and didn't know what the fuck just happened. Funny shit. Only thing I'd be worried about with a show like that is the shtick getting old a few episodes in.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm enjoying Kado: The Right Answer. Episode 00 was pretty great, but took a HUGE left turn suddenly at the end. I just started episode 01. I'll give you my review in a little.

Boruto was decent. Not amazing, but it kept my interest.

Renai Boukun was REALLY strange. Boy and strange girl meet up. She's an angel with a "death note" style book, but it's actually a "kiss note". Write two peoples names, and they'll kiss and become a couple. She puts her name and the guy, but he likes some 3rd chick. Suddenly, the 3rd chick becomes a psycho knife wielding maniac, so angel chick adds her name into the mix as a 3rd party for their love nonsense. Suddenly yet another girl gets involved, but she wants the knife chick that likes the guy. But she's actually the younger sister of the knife chick. Seriously, what the fuck? I watched the first episode, but no more. It was wrong.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, Koda 01 was good as well, just a different kind of story. But now the character from 00 is going to shine. It appears that he's the best negotiator in Japan, and suddenly this "alien" cube thing wants to talk to humanity. I'm just guessing at this point, but I'm sure the negotiator guy will do something good.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why ya'll saying Boruto was decent? it was shit, b/c it was filler, it was worse than filler, it was filler that backtracked AT LEAST 2 years of where the current manga is.

They're not even fucking Gennins yet, Konahamaru hasn't taught Naruto shit, no Rasengan, new team 7 isn't formed, hell they've yet to even introduce whatever the fuck Orichamaru's son/daughter is, and it's going to be hours and hours of Boruto being an emo fuck to Naruto for "not being there".

Holy shit this show is going to suck, the ONLY thing that was retconned that probably Kishi approved of, was Boruto's Bakugann, if you remember at the end of the Naruto manga, they just forgot to draw it in.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't read the manga, so the story of Boruto was completely new to me. As such, I liked it. It has a very "early Naruto" feel.

EDIT:
Ok, just watched Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism. Bad. It has a "Prison School" type of vibe, without the sexuality. This high school is "ruled" by 5 girls with swords, and they make every man that attends dress and act like a girl. But some new guy is really good with martial arts or some shit, so the sword girls are ineffective. This show is shit. Let's see what's next...

Clockwork Planet or Frame Arms Girl. Based on the names, I'm not expecting much. But time will tell.

EDIT 2:
Ok, Clockwork Planet is garbage. Starting Frame Arms now. Nope also. The animation itself is pretty good, but I just couldn't fake interest long enough to last the first episode.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Why ya'll saying Boruto was decent? it was shit, b/c it was filler, it was worse than filler, it was filler that backtracked AT LEAST 2 years of where the current manga is.

They're not even fucking Gennins yet, Konahamaru hasn't taught Naruto shit, no Rasengan, new team 7 isn't formed, hell they've yet to even introduce whatever the fuck Orichamaru's son/daughter is, and it's going to be hours and hours of Boruto being an emo fuck to Naruto for "not being there".

Holy shit this show is going to suck, the ONLY thing that was retconned that probably Kishi approved of, was Boruto's Bakugann, if you remember at the end of the Naruto manga, they just forgot to draw it in.
Thanks for the spoilers, cocksucker. This isn't the Boruto manga thread.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched Kado and Love Tyrant; Kado seems really good, should be an interesting series. Love Tyrant is hilarious, I am getting a Shimoneta vibe from it, which is a good thing!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Based on the Boruto show, Naruto got killed really early. Boruto was like 15-16 tops. And how did that weak bitch he was fighting actually kill Naruto when all of the previous Naruto shit didn't take him out? It's like Roy returning to the Carpet store after beating Cancer.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Same way every strong character goes out. Probably sacrificed himself.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm i kinda dont think Naruto is dead - he said "the same place i sent the 7th" which doesnt mean the grave - considering how strong Naruto is they likely sealed him of sorts.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hmm i kinda dont think Naruto is dead - he said "the same place i sent the 7th" which doesnt mean the grave - considering how strong Naruto is they likely sealed him of sorts.
Kishi also said something about having to get Naruto out of the picture, in order for Boruto to grow.

• 1Like