Spring 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched Re:Creators. Wow, that was pretty cool. It wasn't the greatest show ever, but I really like the idea behind it. And the animation style was excellent as well.

Think of it like EVERY "stuck in a game" anime that's out there, but reverse it. The plot is there's a really popular anime, and suddenly the main character from the anime is pulled into the real world. I can't wait to see what becomes of this, but so far, I'm all in.

Re doesn't let me down! Re:Life, Re:Zero. Re:Creators!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season is shaping up to be pretty good!

Watched episode 1 of Re: Creators and Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul, both were really good and excellent animation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished watching Tsuki ga Kirei. It's cute. An awkward high school guy likes an awkward high school girl. The animation style reminds me a lot of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. Maybe that's why I like the show, even if the plot isn't Grimgar at all. Still a decent one.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I just watched Re:Creators. Wow, that was pretty cool. It wasn't the greatest show ever, but I really like the idea behind it. And the animation style was excellent as well.

Think of it like EVERY "stuck in a game" anime that's out there, but reverse it. The plot is there's a really popular anime, and suddenly the main character from the anime is pulled into the real world. I can't wait to see what becomes of this, but so far, I'm all in.

Re doesn't let me down! Re:Life, Re:Zero. Re:Creators!

Haven't watched the episode but look at the main production crew and what they've been attached to. It's impressive.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Second episode of Alice was better than the first, good show.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Tsugumono was funny I thought will keep watching.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if anyone had seen it before this, but apparently Your Name is in select theaters this weekend. Might be a bit late now considering it was this weekend, but my local theater had a couple showings on Mon/Tue, so it might still be there. You can check at the bottom of this page - Your Name. | Funimation Films

I liked it, even if it did end 14 times like Return of the King. But I recommend seeing it on a big screen if you can, the animation is worth the price of admission.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't like it anywhere near as much. I'm wondering if #3 will be decent, or if I'll we'd up dumping this show all together.
I'm hoping that there will be some wtf dark moments in the story.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Been rewatching Saekano S1 in anticipation of S2. It's still enjoyable.

Utaha-senpai best girl.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Little Witch Academia finally went into some real story arcs, so it's getting more interesting.

Croix is shading as fuck.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I don't know if anyone had seen it before this, but apparently Your Name is in select theaters this weekend. Might be a bit late now considering it was this weekend, but my local theater had a couple showings on Mon/Tue, so it might still be there. You can check at the bottom of this page - Your Name. | Funimation Films

I liked it, even if it did end 14 times like Return of the King. But I recommend seeing it on a big screen if you can, the animation is worth the price of admission.

Cool, just looked up a theater near me and it's showing tonight. Gonna go see it if I remember after work.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

Just got back from seeing this on the big screen (dubbed at my screening.) This was really really good. I enjoyed this a lot. I hope more theaters show anime like this.

There was a poster near the entrance for the movie for this:
Anime Movie Night

• 1Like

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Just watched the first episode of Berserk spring.

Wow, did they actually improve the pacing and (some) animation issues? Guts' face doesn't look as elongated and fucked anymore and the episode didn't give me cancer.

Still hurts a little bit to see the Hill of Swords chapter in this animation, but it wasn't awful.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Aiz is out now. That's the new DanMachi show. I'm not a fan of whoever did the subtitles. Here's what the episode looks like, sub-wise.

H4B7KEg.png

Almost every line has a | put in there. I"m sure they meant that should be a line break, but it looks bad.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Aiz is out now. That's the new DanMachi show. I'm not a fan of whoever did the subtitles. Here's what the episode looks like, sub-wise.

View attachment 132092

Almost every line has a | put in there. I"m sure they meant that should be a line break, but it looks bad.

Yeah, I was like "what the fuck is this shit?"

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If you like tragedy (with cute small girls) you should check out SukaSuka (Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka Isogashii Desuka Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka).
The LN has humanity go extinct in the prologue, and it goes downhill from there. The anime adaptation is really good and has the best troll.

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
If you like tragedy (with cute small girls) you should check out SukaSuka (Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka Isogashii Desuka Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka).
The LN has humanity go extinct in the prologue, and it goes downhill from there. The anime adaptation is really good and has the best troll.

Checked this out and I really am enjoying it. Also found this out there.

• 1Like