Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

iannis

Musty Nester
He's waiting for them to invent the FTL drives for real. Realism is just that important. You can't be throwing up any lame ass sci-fantasy shit. The fans won't stand for that level of immersion breaking!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The question is will it become a reality in real life before the game ships?

• 1Like

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe so many people are ponying up large amounts of money for a 3d model viewer (hangar) and a weak-assed combat arena.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Game should be renamed 'Whale Catcher'. Japanese don't have shit on Chris Roberts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was reading another forum and some guy was spurging about how this game is going to be released in a year and he's so fucking excited. So pump me up guys. How is this shit getting REAL.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Christmas 2020 release IMO. Funding will dry up in late 2018, they'll run out of resources in early 2019, EA will buy Roberts out for a few million and they will cut just about every feature from the game to get it to a publishable state. In the end we'll get a hangar, arena commander, the ability to walk around unpopulated planets and a really, really nice RMT ship store.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Don't we already have all that except the unpopulated planets? Why wait 3 more years, I say launch this as is and watch the fireworks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Christmas 2020 release IMO. Funding will dry up in late 2018, they'll run out of resources in early 2019, EA will buy Roberts out for a few million and they will cut just about every feature from the game to get it to a publishable state. In the end we'll get a hangar, arena commander, the ability to walk around unpopulated planets and a really, really nice RMT ship store.
It would be Amazon buying them out, not EA, but this sounds about right.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I just randomly found out a guy I went to High School with is in a management position at Cloud Imperium Games. I have not spoken with him since High School & I don't follow this game. Just from the comments on this page it sounds like a never ending Kick Starter with shit for an end product, if it ever ends. Is that accurate? Should I email him & say congrats on the awesome game or congrats on the steaming pile of shit?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol

Not a friend, a classmate. We weren't enemies in school, but we weren't all that friendly either.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Smooze him into giving you a bunch of the expensive ships with lifetime insurance so you can turn around and sell them to the whales for thousands of dollars each.