Star Trek: Discovery

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Enterprise was similarly bad with their attempts at being cool with the Xindi variety of species, although they did up the Vulcan game for the first time in years and produced a great deal of development of the Andorians who had been mostly a footnote in Star Trek despite being one of the primary races of the Federation.
The Vulcan development in Enterprise was great, loved the whole deal with them being frightened of humans due to the speed of their development and how voracious their curiosity was.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
ubBgrcRDlIxnAYT1MTYme6cWlxE.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Star Trek: Discovery[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-03-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Star Trek: Discovery is an upcoming American television series created by Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman for CBS All Access, due to premiere in January 2017. It is the first series produced specifically for that service, and the first Star Trek series since Star Trek: Enterprise concluded in 2005. Set to premiere on CBS in January 2017 before moving to All Access, the series will introduce new characters to the Star Trek franchise, and will not be related to the 2016 film Star Trek Beyond. Fuller serves as showrunneron the series.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

Last edited by a moderator:

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The Ferengi, Trill, Cardassians, Bajorans, Shape shifters, and Vorta were all well done races fleshed out in DS9 even if half of them had originally been introduced in TNG. By comparison the Voyager races were much less interesting or well done, especially with them abandoning the may-fly race (Ocampa) whose 7 year lifespan was intended to cover the whole series. Enterprise was similarly bad with their attempts at being cool with the Xindi variety of species, although they did up the Vulcan game for the first time in years and produced a great deal of development of the Andorians who had been mostly a footnote in Star Trek despite being one of the primary races of the Federation.

I feel like DS9 set such a high bar for what is possible in star trek. I have to assume there is no way this new show will live up to DS9. especially if it's a god damn prequel.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling they're gonna use the "contemporary themes" thing to SJW the fuck out this, but wait and see I guess.

$50 says that the crew will include a token space-trannie character (genderless or tri-gender race, race which can change genders, or maybe if they go balls deep with the socjus, it'll be someone who changed genders with technology).

the Voyager races were much less interesting or well done, especially with them abandoning the may-fly race (Ocampa) whose 7 year lifespan was intended to cover the whole series.

Don't forget they had those goofie oompa-loompa guys with the coral reef hair in the first few seasons, easily the worst of the "major" Trek races.

And Neelix. Fuck Neelix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
‘Star Trek: Discovery’ CBS Series to Have Female Lead

set 10 years before TOS (original universe, not new reboot universe) and will feature a female, probably ethnic captain and gay crewmen.

its kind of weird that its supposed to air in a few months and they haven't even cast the captain yet

Season 1 is going to be 13 episodes and serialized, as in a single story arc told throughout the entire series

oh well, can just rewatch DS9 when it turns out this sucks

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So it takes place in the Prime universe 10 years prior to the Original Series... they also say it is centered on an event that has been talked about by fans for years but never seen.

Well the Romulan War is much earlier than that and they said it isn't about Axanar, although I can see why they want Axanar killed now since it is that same general time period and so would be a direct competition. The only thing that is 10 years pre-TOS is "The Cage", so are they doing a massive fakeout and this is going to be the Enterprise under Christopher Pike with the "main character" as Number One? They did say it was largely about how the main character comes to grips with the huge diversity in the galaxy and how it was impossible to understand everything...

Of course if they DID do pre-Kirk Enterprise they would still need Spock. Then again it's not like Zachary Quinto is super busy and he could easily have signed up for a 13-episode serial.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Bryan Fuller Unloads Details About Upcoming ‘Star Trek Discovery’ Series – TCA

Lead female character isn’t a captain, but “lieutenant commander with caveats,” says Fuller. “We haven’t cast her yet and we don’t know what level of diversity, she will be. The story that’s fascinating for me is that we’ve seen six series from captain’s point of view and to see one from another point of view gives us a richer context,” explained Fuller. She’ll be a sensitive hero.

WTF does level of diversity mean? like some black asian muslim tranny?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So it takes place in the Prime universe 10 years prior to the Original Series... they also say it is centered on an event that has been talked about by fans for years but never seen.

Well the Romulan War is much earlier than that and they said it isn't about Axanar, although I can see why they want Axanar killed now since it is that same general time period and so would be a direct competition. The only thing that is 10 years pre-TOS is "The Cage", so are they doing a massive fakeout and this is going to be the Enterprise under Christopher Pike with the "main character" as Number One? They did say it was largely about how the main character comes to grips with the huge diversity in the galaxy and how it was impossible to understand everything...

Of course if they DID do pre-Kirk Enterprise they would still need Spock. Then again it's not like Zachary Quinto is super busy and he could easily have signed up for a 13-episode serial.

First thing I thought of was Kobayashi Maru. But that's just a test. First year of of TOS was 2265, shit is sparse in 2255

Tycho IV ?

or its just some christoper pike shit.

Kizdean_Gix

Trakanon Raider

tumblr_nktoebQp0H1t1n9p7o1_400.gif

I hope we get some bodacious babes in the new series. Another Garak would be perfect -- best character in DS9.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Sirtis milf'd up pretty well too:

f78e1dd28cf1ec1a677d27f7fbf23c72.jpg

Anyway this all sounds terrible. No idea how they're going to do anything interesting with the just-before-TOS timeline without butchering the continuity.

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't watched most of TOS but apparently someone pointed out the final episode of TOS involves a woman taking over Captain Kirks body, because Starfleet wouldn't allow woman captains at that time so that was the only way she could do it or something

which is kinda weird, dunno if the guy was trolling or if thats legit

Chris

Potato del Grande
i haven't watched most of TOS but apparently someone pointed out the final episode of TOS involves a woman taking over Captain Kirks body, because Starfleet wouldn't allow woman captains at that time so that was the only way she could do it or something

which is kinda weird, dunno if the guy was trolling or if thats legit
I've seen that episode, it's true. They can just ignore it.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
First thing I thought of was Kobayashi Maru. But that's just a test. First year of of TOS was 2265, shit is sparse in 2255

Yeah, I'm not that well-versed in the Star Trek universe, but my first inclination was that this doesn't sound like a terribly exciting time-period to set the show in. But, maybe the fact that there wasn't a lot going on in this period gives them more freedom to go their own direction rather than having to abide by what was set up in previous shows/movies.