STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ (PS5, XSX, Steam, Epic) - early 2023

spronk

FPS noob
I'm ~10 hours in, still enjoying the game in quality mode on ps5 with no issues but yeah I wouldn't recommend anyone buying especially on PC, lot of technical issues that are really unforgivable. The game needed another 4-6 months of polish/optimization but EA doesn't give a fuck I guess.

Only worth buying if you are playing on a console and you are REALLY jonesing for a new game, which is kinda weird considering Redfall is out in 2 days (gamepass), RE4 and Octopath Traveler 2 are on sale all the time, the new Breath of the Wild is out in basically 2 weeks. Plenty of options.

It wouldn't shock me if I run into a bug that completely halts my progress, the game only has one save slot too so if things get fucked you are blocked until a patch. Some people have already gotten stuck dying to stuff and then respawning at a point where you can't get out of the room, happens apparently in a few places.

One thing I would 100% recommend is turning on the option in gameplay where falling does no damage to you. Like Assassins Creed its pretty easy to leap off stuff and head the wrong way and fall to your death, turning off damage means its just annoying, not game breaking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1682904322065.png

• 1Cringe
  • 1Double Worf

spronk

FPS noob
patch today on pc, tomorrow on console. doubt it fixes everything but hopefully doesn't make things worse lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
patch today on pc, tomorrow on console. doubt it fixes everything but hopefully doesn't make things worse lol

Will be interesting to see if it fixes anything this quickly.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They must have already been working on some of these... the patch approval process is usually a bitch yeah?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
debating picking up a ps5 and this, been a few years since i've had a console and when I did they mostly collected dust.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They must have already been working on some of these... the patch approval process is usually a bitch yeah?
They likely already knew PC performance was ass when they shipped it, but PC isn't subject to QA standards like console is. As far as patch approval, the submission process can be expedited substantially when it's a major publisher like EA.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Doing a New Journey+ now and the optional 0-slot Perks are an interesting way to incorporate different things in that modality. You can choose to equip-or-not three different perks 1) New encounters 2) Vastly increased damage for everyone 3) Randomized cosmetics whenever you die. I am only using the first one as I don't want Cal running around looking like a clown and the vastly increased damage is no joke.

You get to keep your skill points and lightsaber forms / perks (though you have to wait to change them until you get to a meditation circle / workbench) but fundamental powers like force lift / force slam or air-dash are still gated. I can open up some areas that were previously closed off and can take on some optional legendary minibosses but doing things like covering all the side content areas will have to wait. There are some scenes that hit differently when seen a second time knowing what will happen later.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Will be interesting to see if it fixes anything this quickly.
Seems to be about a 10-15% fps increase over what I was getting last night. Low 40's in town/saloon is now high 40's, low 50's in the open world is now high 50's, caves and other enclosed areas that are easier to render are still locked at 60. Still a few things that really drag the fps down, like the purple crap BD-1 can spit out to clear certain blockages. Cutscenes still seem to hang around the ~45 fps range too, which is a bit disappointing since that didn't really change at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think we should stop extending inclusion and diversity at the ginger hero bar.

Once I erase my slate of games on docket I plan to play the original then this one.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol ouch.

"The game running in a 1440p resolution container means nothing when the image reconstruction breaks down during motion and the resolution drops to 648p. The only time you get a clear 1440p image is when standing still. Otherwise you're between 648p and 864p the entire game."

5 steps back. This is why there are over 100k layoffs across tech and why diversity hires with no talent are bad for the games industry as illustrated with this, Redfall, and many upcoming games about to be launched in similar regard. (Starfield)

Time to clean house folks.

• 2Like

j00t

I think we should stop extending inclusion and diversity at the ginger hero bar.

Once I erase my slate of games on docket I plan to play the original then this one.
i'm playing this one on my ps5, but i played the original on my pc. i REALLY miss the mod that changed cal's hair color. i'm enjoying the game but i don't really like dominic monaghan

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
i'm playing this one on my ps5, but i played the original on my pc. i REALLY miss the mod that changed cal's hair color. i'm enjoying the game but i don't really like dominic monaghan

You don't like the simple space redneck just living his best life?

1683131405074.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m playing this on PS5 right now and having a lot of fun. Mostly using the blaster stance, it’s kinda fun shooting people in the face point blank. :)

I just had an interesting sequence with Merrin, you know I wouldn’t mind a spin-off for her, she’s badass, funny and has a cool power set.

Like the first though, the strongest aspect is how well they nail the Star Wars setting, and tell a great story within it.

So far the first 2 games would make better movies in every way than the sequels.

j00t

I’m playing this on PS5 right now and having a lot of fun. Mostly using the blaster stance, it’s kinda fun shooting people in the face point blank. :)

I just had an interesting sequence with Merrin, you know I wouldn’t mind a spin-off for her, she’s badass, funny and has a cool power set.

Like the first though, the strongest aspect is how well they nail the Star Wars setting, and tell a great story within it.

So far the first 2 games would make better movies in every way than the sequels.
yeah, the nice thing about merrin is that we all generally understand the skillset of jedi/sith but dathomir witches use the force in such undefined ways that she can do all kinds of weird things. i'd be happy with more of her, either her own spin-off or maybe being selectable character if they make a part 3