Star Wars : Rogue One

spronk

FPS noob
Rogue Two will occur in our lifetimes, it will be the 2nd deathstar plans that many bothans died to get

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I liked this movie. You guys forget that these movies are really made with kids in mind. They are not meant as deep dark dramas for adults. I agree that some of the characters were flat, but overall I would peg this movie over any of the prequels.

I also agree that in the future they need to separate a bit from the original 3 movies and we need to see other shit form the massive written SW universe. Its like were stuck making prequels, sequels, side missions to the original 3 movies, enough!

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
The way to view the new hope Vader Ben fight is that it was an internal conflict.

You don't juice that fight. You ignore the bullshit over CGI over choreographed horseshit from the prequels.

And you kinda needed Vader to do what he did in r1. The scariest thing about Vader is the mask and his ability to force choke bitches. So seeing him be just a straight killing machine is relevant.

I know it's not a popular thing, but I think one of the things r1 did best was their treatment of Vader. We were never quite sure WHY he was so scary in 3-6 besides he was genocidal, powerful, and dressed in black armor.

And to see him entombed on the planet where he got burnt to death was hella creepy, tbh. The emperor is a stone cold dick.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I actually enjoyed all the SW movies thus far. But I have an ability just to turn off my objective and just watch for pure fun. I guess you can pick apart almost anything if you really try to, I just never tried to.

The first three movies were fucking cheese fest too, if you think about it objectively. They were just ahead of their time, effects wise, where today the effects really dont matter as much since everything is CGI and they can make anything happen.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I liked this movie. You guys forget that these movies are really made with kids in mind. They are not meant as deep dark dramas for adults. I agree that some of the characters were flat, but overall I would peg this movie over any of the prequels.

I also agree that in the future they need to separate a bit from the original 3 movies and we need to see other shit form the massive written SW universe. Its like were stuck making prequels, sequels, side missions to the original 3 movies, enough!

Yea bro little jihadis want to learn how to sacrifice themselves

Palum

what Suineg set it to

This movie is all dark about people dying in random ways mostly for nothing. Why is this a kids movie? Seemed to me exactly the opposite, this was supposed to be the "Star Wars for adults" movie.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why would a movie being on Netflix cheapen it??

Yeah it ain't no Amazon!

Really though Netflix is like certified premium AAA streaming. Any perceptions of online distro should have died 10 years ago when Netflix stock exploded and everyone quit their day jobs.

We got some dinosaurs on here apparently.

Oldbased

> Than U
Why would a movie being on Netflix cheapen it??
Really a long argument I guess no one cares about. Netflix I am sure has a deal with Disney. In the past Lucas Arts would have buried the movie for a decade and if you wanted to show on TV or prem it would have cost arms and legs. Disney isn't innocent of that themselves to be honest. Those are the old days though long gone forever.

Yes being on Netflix cheapens it, but not for reasons that Netflix is shit, it just over exposes the movie and the selling power goes down due to it as the availability of it saturates the world.
It's made the big bucks already so that feeling that it is rare is no longer needed in climate of films today.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Really a long argument I guess no one cares about. Netflix I am sure has a deal with Disney. In the past Lucas Arts would have buried the movie for a decade and if you wanted to show on TV or prem it would have cost arms and legs. Disney isn't innocent of that themselves to be honest. Those are the old days though long gone forever.

Yes being on Netflix cheapens it, but not for reasons that Netflix is shit, it just over exposes the movie and the selling power goes down due to it as the availability of it saturates the world.
It's made the big bucks already so that feeling that it is rare is no longer needed in climate of films today.
You are correct.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Really a long argument I guess no one cares about. Netflix I am sure has a deal with Disney. In the past Lucas Arts would have buried the movie for a decade and if you wanted to show on TV or prem it would have cost arms and legs.

Not quite a decade. The original movie was available on pay-per-view towards the end of 1982, a couple of weeks after it finished it's fifth theatrical release in as many years. It's just that not very many people viewed it via PPV because so few people had access to that back then. It came out on video less than a year later and HBO carried it for a month shortly after that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This movie is all dark about people dying in random ways mostly for nothing. Why is this a kids movie? Seemed to me exactly the opposite, this was supposed to be the "Star Wars for adults" movie.
For nothing? They sacrificed themselves for the plans, and the scientist/engineer sacrificed himself to fuck the death star with a crucial flaw. I thought it was a great stray off the usual course of light side wins stars of the show all hug it out and big party after.

Jive Turkey

Karen

But you could always rent the movie if you wanted to. Nobody rents movies anymore. So the whole old structure is dead. There's nothing about being on Neflix that cheapens it. You're using 20 year old logic

Oldbased

> Than U
But you could always rent the movie if you wanted to. Nobody rents movies anymore. So the whole old structure is dead. There's nothing about being on Neflix that cheapens it. You're using 20 year old logic
I'm not sure what statement you are trying to make here. Without Netflix and services such as, more people would be required to rent and purchase movies. Showing it on a streaming choice for a low monthly fee cheapens the value of the movie when it comes to rental and purchase which is what I said. What you said contradicts itself by saying nobody rents movies anymore. No shit. Why?

Siliconemelons

If you are likening streaming to rental - thats to say any video available to rent at ye ol blockbuster would be cheapened in the same effect as if available on netflix.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
For nothing? They sacrificed themselves for the plans, and the scientist/engineer sacrificed himself to fuck the death star with a crucial flaw. I thought it was a great stray off the usual course of light side wins stars of the show all hug it out and big party after.

200w.gif