Star Wars : Rogue One

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So even before reshoots, this movie was shit. who knew uh?

Darth Vader’s film-stealing scene in which he butchered a slew of Rebel soldiers to try and recover the plans was one of the many scenes that was added as part of the reshoots.

ahahah of course they had to put this....it "saved" the movie so fanboys could jerk off to something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
And yet I was screaming inside while watching those Vader scenes: grab the disk, grab the fucking disk.. noooo, kill the one running away (he force-chokes, slams, disarms everyone else).
Vader is a moron in every SW movie made in this century...

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
And yet I was screaming inside while watching those Vader scenes: grab the disk, grab the fucking disk.. noooo, kill the one running away (he force-chokes, slams, disarms everyone else).
Vader is a moron in every SW prequel ..

ftfy

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to seeing this. Am I the only one on these forums that actually (mostly) enjoyed this? I thought TFA was complete dogshit and disappointing in so many ways, so I appreciated something that felt more Star Wars-y, even if the writing wasn't 100% spot on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Am I the only one on these forums that actually (mostly) enjoyed this?

You're not. I mostly enjoyed it as well although I do get some of the criticisms some people had in the character development while finding most of the main characters interesting myself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're not. I mostly enjoyed it as well although I do get some of the criticisms some people had in the character development while finding most of the main characters interesting myself.
Nah, I came in about the middle of the thread because I saw it the second week and said something similar and a few ppl liked the post and echoed the same thing in other posts after and I'm sure there were some before me.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The usual gang of haters came in, plus a few people that seem to forget it is a Star Wars movie. I liked it as well as anything in the series, aside from Empire.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Im in the same boat. I liked it as well and just never posted because why argue with the haters.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"haters" is just a lazy way to dismiss valid criticisms of the movie. Was the movie really that bad as the reaction it garnered? No. But it still deserves that reaction because it had so much potential.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I feel like I breathe Star Wars sometimes. I didn't hate, but I was disappointed. There were glorious scenes and sequences, but I'm sticking with my opinion after my second viewing.

Went in for a second viewing. First third was worse and I dozed off a couple times. It wasn't until after the Kyber refinery that it held my attention enough to stay awake. Paid more attention to Tarkin and the CGI. For 90% of his screen time he looks great. Then he moves around someone or looks somewhere and it gets all fucky. Leia was still not good. The music for me was even worse this time around.

Final verdict, I still enjoy the 'story' of Rogue One, but it's execution fell short, and it pains me to say it being a huge Star Ward fanboy.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally got around to seeing this. Am I the only one on these forums that actually (mostly) enjoyed this? I thought TFA was complete dogshit and disappointing in so many ways, so I appreciated something that felt more Star Wars-y, even if the writing wasn't 100% spot on.
I thought it was great. I didn't get to see it until last weekend. It has some issues, sure. But it's a good movie.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Yes. You're the only one. Well, and chaos apparently. But his opinions are almost uniformly terrible.

So ya.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vinen

God is dead

Honestly felt this was better then Episode 7 as well.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Most here liked it, none thought it outstanding. I'm in that camp myself. It could've done certain things better. Dug it more than TFA at first. The new setting and new characters was refreshing. Too reliant on nostalgia was my initial gripe, I've only seen it once. I liked TFA more the second time, like many other movies.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yeah I remain in the really like it camp after 4 viewings. Its in the top 3 for me, I don't know that it has the rewatch potential that TFA and Empire have for me but I don't think thats a negative really. To me, the end 25 minutes, especially after getting to think about and really internalize the main team, is really heavy as they all start getting picked off. I know Empire is considered the dark SW movie, but there's a lot of fun in that movie that offsets the heavy. This one, even though there's some of the best humor in any SW movie, is just plain heavy.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I also liked it but yeah, I found a few minor problems here or there.

So I came in here to get the opinions of the FoH guys . . . and walked into a full on shit fight. So I didn't post anything and just walked away.

The thread seems to have calmed down a little now and the moderate ones here can have a normal chat.

• 2Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
This one, even though there's some of the best humor in any SW movie, is just plain heavy.

And that's a reflection of it's setting. The Empire poised on the height of it's power and the Rebellion seeing the instrument of it's likely end approaching. It reminded me a lot of the Twilight Company novel in that respect. That was another story that while it ended as well as it could have for the Rebels it had a certain gloom hanging over it's resolution.