Star Wars : Rogue One

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed the movie overall but if it hadn't been Star Wars I think it would have been so weighted down with tropes as to break itself in half :p

I always prefer character-driven movies/books/whatever over plot-driven though so movies with a few interesting characters are pretty easy to skate by in my world. Also some great battle scenes, Star Wars-ey but from a new kind of perspective. And I actually thought the tie in to Ep. 4 was really well done, wasn't expecting that.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to seeing this. Am I the only one on these forums that actually (mostly) enjoyed this? I thought TFA was complete dogshit and disappointing in so many ways, so I appreciated something that felt more Star Wars-y, even if the writing wasn't 100% spot on.

I really enjoyed it too and thought it was a great isolated film related to the series. I think if you go into anything with high expectations, you'll always be disappointed. In life, you learn to accept things for as they are and appreciate intriguing aspects. That's how I look at Rogue One. I'm sure they could of done better development or story telling, but honestly, I'm just happy they created another film to help inspire and fuel the imagination.

On a side note, that Vader scene was like Viagara.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It really was. And I read somewhere (here?) that it was added after filming wrapped. Wise decision.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Because we saw how Tarkin and Leia looked. They're oh so very close but not QUITE there yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
After watching The Clone Wars and Rebels, I must say the OG Imperial Star Destroyer is just perfect. It's such an iconic ship and is just straight up badass and intimidating. While I do like some of the designs from the prequels (the Venator is pretty sweet, not a fan of the fat looking Acclamator) mostly because they're the obvious forerunners to the ships we see in the original trilogy, a lot of them were just stupid because Lucas was just going overboard trying to make shit shiny and fancy.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Across the standard edition and 4 different retailer exclusives and not one mention of any containing deleted scenes. The probably have enough of those to half fill a bonus features disc all on their own.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Across the standard edition and 4 different retailer exclusives and not one mention of any containing deleted scenes. The probably have enough of those to half fill a bonus features disc all on their own.
Nah, they'll just release an extended edition in a year with '60 minutes of additional footage and an ALL NEW ENDING!'

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Nah, they'll just release an extended edition in a year with '60 minutes of additional footage and an ALL NEW ENDING!'
If they pull the same move they did with TFA we won't get a director's commentary until then either.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Forgot how bad some of the dialogue was in this film, but at least it was better than TFA bullshit. Still got annoyed when the admiral received the death star plans and they say "She did it." How the hell did they know it was her and second it was a joint effort from all of them. Maybe I missed something where it was mentioned it was her task specifically to get the transmission sent

Last edited:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
It took me 2 viewings to understand the first half of the movie. Seeing the rebel alliance get REKT was tear inducing. I think that may have been the best movie space battle I've ever seen in my life.

*Minor quibble, the paradise planet sure looks a lot different than what I recollect from Dark Forces ;)

Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Finally saw this.

Ranks under the prequels IMO, this was pretty much a faggy fanfic with a budget.

Many Bothans apparently didn't actually die WTF.