Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's some weird shit in The Phantom Menace regarding Jar Jar. His people being outright hostile, him managing to become a general and then a Senator, then calling for the Vote of No Confidence, and so on.

Best did say the theory was "close" though, so there's no telling what Lucas intended to do with the character. I think it's probably that he was intended to become a villain, because he actually does look kind of scary and intimidating once his ears stop flopping and he stops stammering.

Lucas is just a really weird dude. I mean without him we wouldn't have Star Wars, but he had this absurd notion that the public wanted a children's movie. There are certain people who think, "well, it's fiction so nobody above 16 will enjoy it." There was very little comedy in the OT besides of Harrison Ford, but he was really trying to be comical with the prequels and it was terrible.

Look at the "Clone War". It's a bunch of clones nobody cares about vs a bunch of droids nobody cares about. That about sums it up.

You have to remember that "gaming" and "fantasy" use to be reserved for nerds. Society has changed a lot in a very short amount of time.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
If George had any idea what he was doing, he could have at least partially redeemed JarJar in Revenge of the Sith by having him sacrifice himself to save the Skywalker children or some such act. Classic Greek story arc of the fool becoming the hero in the end. And in that one act it would have washed away at least some of the bad taste everyone still has by showing his development from ep 1 to 3. Instead, lets just have him walk by in a scene and then....nothing else.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
No. No, buddy, no. The remedy for JarJar was not to have more fucking JarJar scenes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I would have traded 3 more scenes at least including JarJar in exchange for seeing him run through by Vader on Mustafar

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was wondering if The Edge was here just the other day. Apparently he renamed himself "Woolygimp".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
To take a break from the theorycrafting, Daisy Ridley did confirm in an interview recently that we will find out about Rey's lineage in Ep. 8 and not have to wait until the final installment.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that would match up with ESB if they are going to keep doing all this blatant call back style shit. Luke finds out Vader is his father....Rey finds out she is Vader's clone....

Will Luke tell her, or do we assume here he tries to save/train her and Kylo ends up telling her. That would retrofit an explanation for Kylo getting his ass kicked and his being a bit scared of her while also desperate to train/turn her.

I want to believe they will break away from the strict mirroring call-back stuff, but there's really no reason to think this won't just mimic ESB like VII did with ANH.

Last edited:

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, that would match up with ESB if they are going to keep doing all this blatant call back style shit. Luke finds out Vader is his father....Rey finds out she is Vader's clone....

Will Luke tell her, or do we assume here he tries to save/train her and Kylo ends up telling her. That would retrofit an explanation for Kylo getting his ass kicked and his being a bit scared of her while also desperate to train/turn her.

I want to believe they will break away from the strict mirroring call-back stuff, but there's really no reason to think this won't just mimic ESB like VII did with ANH.
nope...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hold on, if Rey is a clone, why would it not make more sense that she was cloned from Luke's severed hand? We know the saber was recovered because she gets it from Maz. When she touches it, part of her vision is being in that hallway in Bespin before where Vader finally bested Luke and chopped off the hand. So the last place where that saber and hand still were part of the original owner.

We also know that people are looking for jedi relics in this time frame, such as the Vader helmet of Kylo's. So if the hand was retrieved with the saber, it too would have been a sought after item. The question then is, who created her and why. You could also make the case that she bears a resemblance to Luke's twin sister...

I know this next part has been discussed to death online over the years and probably decided on, but I forget the answer. Did Vader's body disappear into the force like Obi-Wan and Yoda when he died, and they just burned the suit? Or was his body in there on the funeral pyre too? Even if it was there, who's to say Kylo/Snoke or anyone else would have been able to recover enough DNA to work with, can you get DNA from a pile of ashes?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think the accepted canonical version is Luke burned Vader's armor and left the body. Then they showed the David Prowse force ghost eventually replaced with the bitch whiny kid force ghost because Lucas is a fag.

Didn't Vader come back in EU stuff? I'd check wookiepedia but I don't have 5 hours to burn tonight.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
JarJar in dooku's role in eps 2 and 3 would have been far better. For one thing, we'd have seen him beheaded.

• 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think the accepted canonical version is Luke burned Vader's armor and left the body. Then they showed the David Prowse force ghost eventually replaced with the bitch whiny kid force ghost because Lucas is a fag.

Didn't Vader come back in EU stuff? I'd check wookiepedia but I don't have 5 hours to burn tonight.

There's several different takes on how Vader comes back. The one that seems to be floating around most heavily is Lucas's idea of the force ghost of a "two-face" type Anakin that is both light and dark side of the force. They keep bringing it up around various forums and reddit that this is going to make it's way into the movie but who knows....

Vgo5n.jpg

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
BIG FUCKING NEWS GUYSZZ!

actress was only 19 when she first slept with the 74-year-old Oscar nominee, who had offered to drive her home because she was 'wine sodden.'

According to Radar Online's excerpt from her third memoir The Princess Diarist, Fisher thought the then 34-year-old father-of-two was not a very good lover.

But the two-time Emmy nominee didn't mind because 'he was really handsome,' and she herself was 'bad kisser' and 'sexually inexperienced.'

Carrie couldn't recall all the details of their three-month tryst due to 'the brutal strength of Harrison's preferred strain of pot.'
Carrie Fisher spills details of affair with Harrison Ford on London set of Star Wars | Daily Mail Online
3A69B4FB00000578-3939254-image-m-8_1479238001571.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Well fuck me.

For the last 30 years now, I always thought this line from Yoda was, "Difficult to see, Always emotion is the future."

Now today I learn its actually, "Difficult to see, Always in motion is the future."

How am I supposed to make sense of my life now?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can try filming your life with a steady camera that shows your facial emotions in focus but then switch to shaky cam for a decade and see if that's an improvement, realize its horrible, but continue doing it because who the fuck knows.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't all of Luke's winking to blow up Star Destroyers all EU stuff? The trilogy Luke was obviously powerfully in tune with the force, but the crazy shit came way later.

Don't recall him blowing up Star Destroyers, although I didn't read all of the EU stuff. I know in certain books they go out of the way to make it seem as if certain other of the "big name" Jedi Masters in the later EU books have more natural "power" or "ability" to be stronger in the Force than Luke, he's just been around so much longer than the rest of them that his knowledge base and experience using the Force is so much broader than theirs.