Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think the accepted canonical version is Luke burned Vader's armor and left the body. Then they showed the David Prowse force ghost eventually replaced with the bitch whiny kid force ghost because Lucas is a fag.

Didn't Vader come back in EU stuff? I'd check wookiepedia but I don't have 5 hours to burn tonight.

No he didn't, unless you count books that were set before his demise at the battle of endor. He was a character in that he left a big footprint around the galaxy though. You might be thinking of palpatine coming back. I never actually read that one (it might have been a comic book) but it was referenced in a number of the books. That happened through cloning.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
There was some stuff with Leia and Ghost Anakin when she was pregnant. That's all I know of Vader in the post RotJ EU.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Kathleen Kennedy recently said some Ep 8 stuff should start showing up this spring. We'll probably get one of those "sizzle reels" (we know Rian Johnson is currently working on one, according to Daisy Ridley) at Celebration in April and I expect a teaser trailer maybe a month or so before that, possibly attached to one of Disney's other movies like Beauty and the Beast (which comes out in March). And of course they'll announce what it's subtitle will be before any of that.

In any event, we're under the 1 year mark to the release date now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, I guess it isn't a bad thing that they started writing the old characters out of the universe already. Rest in Peace, may your CGI ghost do your legacy well.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they already film this I assume? So her parts are in place? Wonder how this affects the plot, hopefully they were going to kill her off anyway.

• 1Like

Royal

Did they already film this I assume?

Yea primary photography is done (has been for months) and it's being edited. This could change what ultimately shows up on screen though since they have a lot of time to adjust the story to account for her future absence.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If her character didn't die in this movie, they will have to kill her off screen.

Fuck you 2016 just fuck you

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was worried when we hadn't heard anything about her regaining consciousness following the heart attack...

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Royal

I was worried when we hadn't heard anything about her regaining consciousness following the heart attack...

Yeah the lack of any sort of news about her condition after they said she was stable didn't bode well.

It's sobering to see your early boyhood crushes pass away. RIP Princess.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why is everyone assuming they have to write her out and possibly adjust storylines to account for it? She was in TFA for all of what...4 minutes? Just uncanny valley her for the 4 minutes of screen time she's likely to have.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I say they should retire her in ep8 so she can still be in books set after this trilogy.

• 1Like

Royal

Why is everyone assuming they have to write her out and possibly adjust storylines to account for it? She was in TFA for all of what...4 minutes? Just uncanny valley her for the 4 minutes of screen time she's likely to have.

There are some potential barriers to that. Using the image of a deceased actor in a movie requires the permission of the actor's family. They got that from Peter Cushing's family but he had been dead for quite some time. Thinking about seeing a not quite convincing CGI rendition of a close family member that has been dead for only a year or so (they'll probably start early production on Ep. 9 late next year) might be something that gives her family pause.

And we don't know just how much Colin Trevorrow had in mind to utilize the character.