StarCraft 2

an accordion_sl

shitlord
That's actually stupid... Ken hasn't played in so long now, and the new school is way better than him. It's weird to jump into such an established game that has had a small rise in viewership... how long before it goes niche again due to its age? It's not like new blood will enter the scene since it requires a Gamecube and a fucking CRT TV.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That's actually stupid... Ken hasn't played in so long now, and the new school is way better than him. It's weird to jump into such an established game that has had a small rise in viewership... how long before it goes niche again due to its age? It's not like new blood will enter the scene since it requires a Gamecube and a fucking CRT TV.
Well, they finally broadcast BW in widescreen, can't you just run it in an emulator or does that "change stuff" ?

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
so herO just won't adapt with the scouting, although luckily for him he faced the most macro oriented protoss of all...

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Okay, it's finally happening. God himself is playing on my map in Proleague. GG I retire.

Sunday, Mar 23 5:30am EDT (GMT-04:00)
Incredible Miracle vs KT Rolster
(P)HerO < Habitation Station LE > (T)Flash

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is floating to the gold in TvP even that good? I think it was Keen in a proleague match that did it and his opponent was holding it off perfectly until Keen was able to get a 4 medivac doom drop off in the main of the protoss. If it wasn't for that one small mistake the toss had it easily. I actually think the protoss never even scouted it til waaaay late as well, he just opened up his standard gate FE. Thought he even went Robo into observer while still on 1 gate after that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In TvP the idea is generally to float to gold and deny the natural outright so they can't PO. You then bunker the natural making it very difficult to break out. You then expand to your natural while taking gases and go into a pretty standard 5rax + Port. It is very difficult to outright win the game in TvZ by floating to the gold.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Go watch Hero vs Flash
biggrin.png

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bros.

TeamLiquid Map Contest 4

Who else is creating some maps???

I've been working all day on something new and I'm pretty damn excited about it. It's probably imba as hell but I just need to finish up a little bit of the layout and then do all the aesthetic work.

Related to this, how important do you guys feel having a safe main base is? Do you still think most maps require you to have the single wide ramp or at least an area you can wall off with 3 depots? This map I'm working on kind of reminds me of that GSL map I think it was Amazon? Where it had 2 ramps into the main but each ramp had rock towers. I'm tempted to try something like that but /shrug. Part of me wants to even try something like a double wide ramp from the main or even 2 double wide ramps with rock towers. Problem is, early game shenanigans might be too strong if the main is too open.

Then again, doing that might just force non-CC first builds or at least getting some units out early to knock down the rock towers if needed. Might also just make zerg too strong since they prefer everything to be opened up.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Everybody is playing D3, this game is dead.

I would be vary of switching it up like that, mostly because of blink allins and zerg just confining you to single base at worst. You could probably try something like wide partially blocked by rocks or something that can only be unlocked from the inside (No idea how that would have to work)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The one time the finals are good and I manage to catch only like 10 minutes of them and with no sound :-/

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
very even and really a fight to the finish. game 6 was p sick city.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not going to claim I'm some kind of expert on this, but it seems like even 45 year old master player is faster than diamond and below on average ...

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I'm not going to claim I'm some kind of expert on this, but it seems like even 45 year old master player is faster than diamond and below on average ...
But I'd bet if the diamond player is <20 years old, he could practice and become better than the 45 year old in master in less than a year. The 45 year old will only get worse with time.