Steam Deals and Digital Sales

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wonder how many people on Steam purchased YNAB when it was on sale only to never install/use it. For whatever reason I find that very ironic.
We still use it religiously. Like we may buy responsibly priced hoods and turn the lights down (to save money on power obv) and chant in druidic tongues to the YNAB gods.

Anyway, we make a great amount of money for the cost of living in the area, our payments are actually going to be lower than now, but I still have that poor person brain sometimes where I think i am taking food out of the kids mouth when I buy a video game. But It really aint going to make a dent in the buffer/emergency money...or even daily operating expenses.

Hell i have a category in YNAB where i set a portion of my fucking budget to buy video games. That's how much we use ynab.

Column_sl

shitlord
35 for the new batman game with the season pass on G2A is too good to pass up. Can combine it with a discount code as welll

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I wonder how many people on Steam purchased YNAB when it was on sale only to never install/use it. For whatever reason I find that very ironic.
Bought it and love it. I have been using it since I bought it during the winter sale and its been wonderful. It relieves a lot of stress wondering if I have enough in the bank for future expenses and its amazing when you start seeing all the wasteful spending or just how much you spend in a certain category. Was a real eye opener. That being said you do need to take time and learn the ins and outs of the program.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bought it and love it. I have been using it since I bought it during the winter sale and its been wonderful. It relieves a lot of stress wondering if I have enough in the bank for future expenses and its amazing when you start seeing all the wasteful spending or just how much you spend in a certain category. Was a real eye opener. That being said you do need to take time and learn the ins and outs of the program.
You could also check out the credit card thread:Best Credit Card with Cash Back Rewardsand just put everything on one card that you pay off everymonth avoiding interest, most come with a spending breakdown just like that.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You could also check out the credit card thread:Best Credit Card with Cash Back Rewardsand just put everything on one card that you pay off everymonth avoiding interest, most come with a spending breakdown just like that.
Yeah that doesn't help when you don't have a budget and overspend on stuff. We just started using YNAB this past month and it was a real eye opener how much money we were wasting. I can't imagine how badly it would have gone if we went that credit card route instead.
YNAB slso comes with a TON of resources including free webinars (I fucking hate that term ugh) on how to use the program itself, how to setup a budget, how to handle credit cards, and a bunch of other things. All this may sound like a no brainer for some people but it has been a monumental help for my wife and I. Well worth the $10 or whatever I spent when it was on sale. Another nice thing is that you can use one copy of the software on several computers and there is a mobile app that goes along with it.
Honestly if you're a retard with your money like we were you can't go wrong with purchasing and using YNAB.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox on Steam

Has anybody bought this? Im going through might and magic x and I got an itch for grid based eye of beholder type games.
Early access on this type of game sounds like a waste of time to me. Better wait for full release. Didn't have an issue with M&MX running poorly, but it's not really optimized I guess so if your PC is old it might be shit in that regard. Game's pretty fun though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, MMX is pretty decent, but it rapidly becomes a game of liquid membrane every fight once you get past chapter 3. Admittedly I wasn't min-maxed at all, but that was basically the first thing done every battle for the most part unless I knew I was going to rofflestomp them. Which with the amount of assassins and crap made it "LM or go home" for me.

Still fun! Just became slightly repetitive towards the end.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, MMX is pretty decent, but it rapidly becomes a game of liquid membrane every fight once you get past chapter 3. Admittedly I wasn't min-maxed at all, but that was basically the first thing done every battle for the most part unless I knew I was going to rofflestomp them. Which with the amount of assassins and crap made it "LM or go home" for me.

Still fun! Just became slightly repetitive towards the end.
Yeah i found some +block relics and dump some + per into my paladin and she just soaks up damage with LM and the armor spell.

It also just seems like i am just having an issue in seahaven. Meh

Either way if someone sees some grid based games like this i would love to see em...especially at a steam sale

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazon summer sale has started. So far it's a ton of Ubisoft games and a few interesting things here and there from other publishers. Hopefully they add more as it goes on.

Picked up AC Rogue for -75% though, that's by far the cheapest it's ever been and the Steam sale going on now is only -35%. Unlike Unity it seems to actually be a good game too.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

Valve severely loosens it's refund policy for Steam.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request viahelp.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we've described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we'll take a look.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

Valve severely loosens it's refund policy for Steam.
Any chance we can still get a refund for Towns? You know,the thieves that forced Steam to introduce the Early Access program? Not that I am still bitter or anything.
smile.png

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Paid mods had a built-in refund policy already.
Paid mods had terrible PR. This refund policy is good PR. Paid mods only refunded to the Steam Wallet. Here, you can get the actual money refunded to the payment source.